SiouxSports.com Forum

Why even have polls!

luapsided

How the heck does minnesota get third place after playing the two weak teams that they have the past two weeks. Is there a internet blocker I can get so I never have to see a poll again! Ill bite my tongue for now...

I could not agree more, UM plays cream puffs and jumps up, how many spots. UND plays actual competietion and they fall 6 or 7 spots. I understand we have notplayed up to our potential the last few weeks but it just once again proves what Alex Goligoski, from the UM, told me when I interviewed him a few weeks ago at the U, that polls don;t really matter and that you can not pay to close attention to them.

What's a poll? :glare:

Its that thing your car runs into when you leave the road during an accident.

Seriously I have no idea how Minnesota how gets two cup cakes and loses its only game to the team that swept us gets ranked that high, the only argument would be: then who? I suppose.

These things are stupid until after x-mas. Gee-whiz reading. Something to read in the morning when you have a few seconds in the bathroom.

I thought you were talking about the wild after seein your pic. :glare:

Polls are what make teams feel good about themselves. Minnesota is a perfect example of that. I believe Maine is a great team and is probably the best team in the country right now. But it is early and the rankings don't matter until January and febuary.

Let the goofs think they are in the top 5..........wait until January 26-27

GO SIOUX-4 POINTS FROM msu

It's funny how last week the Sioux are third in these polls and no one says a word but as soon as the Gophers move up to third these same polls are suddenly questioned. Relax, it's October. Nothing in college hockey is more meaningless than early season polls. However, there's nothing wrong with the Gophers being ranked where they are. They moved up because everyone in front of them lost. That's how polls work.

It's funny how last week the Sioux are third in these polls and no one says a word but as soon as the Gophers move up to third these same polls are suddenly questioned. Relax, it's October. Nothing in college hockey is more meaningless than early season polls. However, there's nothing wrong with the Gophers being ranked where they are. They moved up because everyone in front of them lost. That's how polls work.

YOU AGAIN, geeeez, read my posts genious in other threads, oh wait, you just pick out what you WANT to pick out and show up in it seems every friken thread on this board for some reason. polls are worthless until the pairwise the last 3rd of the year...how does that sound SIEVE.........now go troll through every other thread on your favorite website and look for GOPHER mentions and spout your enlightning knowledge :glare:

You guys and gals are starting to sound like St. Cloud fans, you think the season is won in November! ???

It's only the 3rd week of the season, the polls don't mean squat......of course it could be yet ANOTHER conspiracy against the Sioux. :love:;)

:glare: who gives a ratz azz about the polls this EARLY in a season, really.....................

:glare: who gives a ratz azz about the polls this EARLY in a season, really.....................

notice how I said, 'just needed to vent'....minnesota at 3 for what their schedule has been. Yeah who cares.. I wasnt asking for feedback lol Just because I dont sit here and post post post all day long doesnt leave any room for you 'professionals' to jump around with knives and hack on everyone elses comments or opinions..sheesh

notice how I said, 'just needed to vent'....minnesota at 3 for what their schedule has been. Yeah who cares.. I wasnt asking for feedback lol Just because I dont sit here and post post post all day long doesnt leave any room for you 'professionals' to jump around with knives and hack on everyone elses comments or opinions..sheesh

Well most of the time if you start a post, it is usually going to get SOME kind of response. Thats what message boards are all about.

Lesson over. :love:

usually threads on a MESSAGE BOARD will have responses and feedback :love:

and there are NO professionals on this board ???

I thought a Poll was either someone who is originally from Polland or perhaps something used to perform a Poll Vault? :glare:

PCM- Dude, those smileys rule! ???

no, No, NO..... A poll is those things the nekked ladies dance around.

i have no problem with umn being #3. they lost to the obvious number 1 team in the nation. they beat the teams they were supposed to beat. other teams near them lost games that they possibly should have won. it's early, things will change. if you care enough about the poll to post, then you obviously care that the gophers are ranked #3. i think that's about where they should be, based on other teams performances.