SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux vs. Mankato

Let'sGoHawks!

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

any reason why??? is he injured too? or is hak in the mood to let another goalie in?

you would think it would be injury if he isnt making the trip....ok, time for GRIECO then if this is the case.

does he go by anthony or tony?? ???

you would think it would be injury if he isnt making the trip....ok, time for GRIECO then if this is the case.

does he go by anthony or tony?? ???

No doubt. Anthony plays at least Friday.... Walski on Saturday.

Wow. Goaltending depth tested early. I wonder why Phil isn't going?

No doubt. Anthony plays at least Friday.... Walski on Saturday.

Wow. Goaltending depth tested early. I wonder why Phil isn't going?

if grieco wins friday then play him saturday for sure and roll with it for now

and toews should play and it will be nice to see forney out there!!

it is a tough loss, but i think that they will do just fine. we have good depth at goal, and it will give the team a reason to play really hard.

i agree its a loss and also agree we will be just fine BUT we honestly have no idea what so ever what kind of depth we have as neither of the goalies have ever played a minute of regular season NC$$ action. i guess we will find out very soon :glare:

i agree its a loss and also agree we will be just fine BUT we honestly have no idea what so ever what kind of depth we have as neither of the goalies have ever played a minute of regular season NC$$ action. i guess we will find out very soon :glare:

I would bet that the only way Walski hits the ice this weekend is as if Grecio gets hurt. Just a hunch.

I would bet that the only way Walski hits the ice this weekend is as if Grecio gets hurt. Just a hunch.

Love phil but it'll be nice to see what other talent we have between the posts. Or in this case, hear about the talent between the posts :glare: why cant every game be televised! maybe 20 years from now huh.

if grieco wins friday then play him saturday for sure and roll with it for now

and toews should play and it will be nice to see forney out there!!

Well a good showing by Anthony will really show us who he really is. Yeah, he did do pretty good vs Manitoba but really, they're a bunch of overage Canadians ;)

I wonder if FOrney will make his presence known on the first two lines or will he be a fourth liner?

Sounds like a bunch of fans sittng n 319. I will be there also in 319. I usually go for the very top row so I don't have to look thru anything. Bought tix monday and there was still an ample supply. If it fills up attendance could be anounced as being 5000 or greater...look around and ask yourself how?

See you all there, come loud!

Excited to see all the green and white in Mankato, be loud! LETS GO SIOUX!

I am sure this has been covered but, how does everyone think they will do without Towes and Lammy this weekend? I am actually a little worried, we need the points and losing those points could be huge.

Theres no 'I' in team. It'll be good to try out a new goalie also, I think, just to see what potential we have. I'd say test them now before they have to face even a 'tougher' team. Its not like we just brought any Joe Shmo to play goalie at UND. They were picked for a reason, mainly their talent, so I say thumbs up to Grieco! But hope for a Lammy speedy recovery! I can already see myself drinking an ice cold coors 'listening' to great hockey

p.s. Go CC! :glare:

There might be a couple of the bars that cater strictly to students that might be a bit dicey to go in with your Sioux gear on, but I've never seen a problem as long as you don't act like a complete jag bag.

My personal before-game favorite is McGoff's Irish Pub right across the street from the MWCC. There are always a lot of Sioux fans there, but it tends to be a little bit of an older crowd. Back behind the MWCC, near the Holiday Inn, is Chevy's, which is real popular with visiting fans.

Don't count on getting walk-up tickets. Attendance seems to be continuing the trend established late last year, which was up. As was mentioned before, we were over 4,000 for SCSU last Friday, and the two biggest attendance games in MWCC history were against the Sioux, both standing-room only. However, there is no class on Friday (a mid-term grading day for faculty,) so a lot of the students may leave town. We will have to see how it goes.

My season tickets are in section 219, so I guess I'll have a lot of you folks up behind me.

I want to see what the Michael Forney hype is all about this weekend. I've only seen his short and unimpressive stint at the state tourney. I want to see something this weekend.

Don't hold your breath this weekend. He's still a true freshman, coming straight from MN high school, and coming off an injury-plagued Spring and Summer. Hak even said something this week about working him in gradually, that he has to walk before he can run. I'm excited for his Sioux career, but he may need to build up to it. And the only way to build up to it is to get out there and start playing, so that's what we'll see this weekend.

Don't hold your breath this weekend. He's still a true freshman, coming straight from MN high school, and coming off an injury-plagued Spring and Summer. Hak even said something this week about working him in gradually, that he has to walk before he can run. I'm excited for his Sioux career, but he may need to build up to it. And the only way to build up to it is to get out there and start playing, so that's what we'll see this weekend.

I agree 1,000%