SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux vs. Maine Saturday Game Thread

kfah1

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The captains failed UND last night, lets see if Porter and Toews step up.

Very good point. As leaders, you wonder where the leadership was at last night? They'll step it up tonight! (At least I sure hope so).

Is Toews out for tonight's game for certain?

I was at last night's game and I really can't blame captains or any Sioux player.

This is a GREAT Maine team. Very solid from goaltender to blue line to forwards. Strong players, good with the puck, good discipline, strong forecheck, tough D. Honestly this is one of the best opponents I've seen in the past few years ranking right up there with the Denver team that won it all a couple years ago.

So it will take a great effort to bounce back.

GO SIOUX

I was at last night's game and I really can't blame captains or any Sioux player.

This is a GREAT Maine team. Very solid from goaltender to blue line to forwards. Strong players, good with the puck, good discipline, strong forecheck, tough D. Honestly this is one of the best opponents I've seen in the past few years ranking right up there with the Denver team that won it all a couple years ago.

So it will take a great effort to bounce back.

GO SIOUX

I can't blame the captains or any single Sioux player. I CAN blame the entire team because this was a team loss if I've ever seen one. No one played well last night in the 2nd and 3rd periods. No one.

While I had questioned the leadership of the captains (specific to last night's game) Redwing 77 and Shep are correct. It was indeed a team issue. While captains are the leaders everyone must take responsibility for the loss.

I believe that is very balanced fan thinking. We can pick apart everything we may want aout last night, but the better team won last night. Maine is indeed a high level/quality team.

Lots of things must be improved for the Sioux to win tonight. I'm no expert so I won't spew any "armchair quarterback" (not sure of a "armchair" hockey reference) comments.

I'm looking for a Sioux win tonight but it'll be tough. as I think most will agree. This weekend will be a good learning lesson fpr the team. I think the Sioux pick up from last night and this weekend (win or lose tonight) and improve and grow. Early in the season and the team will be there when it counts at the end of the season.

Go Sioux!

PS: Go TIGERS!!

While I had questioned the leadership of the captains (specific to last night's game) Redwing 77 and Shep are correct. It was indeed a team issue. While captains are the leaders everyone must take responsibility for the loss.

I believe that is very balanced fan thinking. We can pick apart everything we may want aout last night, but the better team won last night. Maine is indeed a high level/quality team.

Lots of things must be improved for the Sioux to win tonight. I'm no expert so I won't spew any "armchair quarterback" (not sure of a "armchair" hockey reference) comments.

I'm looking for a Sioux win tonight but it'll be tough. as I think most will agree. This weekend will be a good learning lesson fpr the team. I think the Sioux pick up from last night and this weekend (win or lose tonight) and improve and grow. Early in the season and the team will be there when it counts at the end of the season.

Go Sioux!

PS: Go TIGERS!!

I never knew you were a closet CC fan.

Lammy gets the start tonight. I think that's a good thing. Keeping the faith with him at this point.

At this point last year we could already say that Parise had won a couple of games for the Sioux with a less experienced team in front of him. Time for Lammy to step up.