SiouxSports.com Forum

Toews Injury

UNDintheNHL

I also saw him out to eat after the game and I did notice he was limping also.

That seems to be an every day appearence if you play sports. I hope this isn't going to keep him out long, I don't think it bodes well for UND if Toews is out a long time.

When they showed Toews in his box seat he was leaning forward with both his arms on the table. He wouldn't be doing that a shoulder injury.

I personally think it is a lower body injury. I also think that it occured last weekend against Wicso. Toews was having a lot of guys leaning on him last week and he may have tweeked it.

He didn't look right to me near the end of the last game against Wisco and he didn't look like himself last friday either, except for that one early rush where he turned the Maine D-man inside out.

Does a injury like this to him hurt the chances that he will be back in a Sioux uniform at all next season?? I'm sure its something Chicago is keeping an eye on.

Whether the injury does anything to him or not, it is widely considered that this will be the last season regardless that Toews wears a Sioux jersey

Toews' first shift after the injury occured started with a faceoff just outside of the offensive zone, right in front of the student section. Sitting with my brother, we both were commenting how it looked like he was hurt on the last shift, then when he didn't take the faceoff, we were sure. It was a quick whistle, but before the stoppage Toews had been hit into the boards and dropped his stick with one arm (left I think?). Anyway, he was taken off the ice after that. We could see him in the tunnel trying to convince the trainer to let him go back out there, so he obviously thought he could play with the injury. Hopefully that means it isn't too serious.

Toews' first shift after the injury occured started with a faceoff just outside of the offensive zone, right in front of the student section. Sitting with my brother, we both were commenting how it looked like he was hurt on the last shift, then when he didn't take the faceoff, we were sure. It was a quick whistle, but before the stoppage Toews had been hit into the boards and dropped his stick with one arm (left I think?). Anyway, he was taken off the ice after that. We could see him in the tunnel trying to convince the trainer to let him go back out there, so he obviously thought he could play with the injury. Hopefully that means it isn't too serious.

OK..so it's his shoulder??? The limp was simply a result of the a** chewing the team got from Hak after the 2nd period friday...