SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux Vs. Maine Friday Game Thread

Shawn-O

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Very ugly and disappointing game played by the Sioux. I think Lammy should still play in goal tomorrow night. It was just a matter of time when an opposing team was finally going to take advantage on the powerplay when half the game we have at least one guy in the box. I hope we turn some things around tomorrow night and escape with at least a split in the series.

- I also hope there isn't anything to seriously wrong with Toews.

Very uncharacteristic Sioux game. Always hurts to lose like that, especially at home.

I'm probably the farthest thing from an expert but it seemed that some fundamentals were lost, too many penalties and not very disciplined at all.

I expect that the boys will be ripped up one side and down the other by Coach Hakstol.

I believe that tomorrow will bring a much more disciplined game and a stronger Sioux team. Let's go for the split (of course, what else can we go for).

The better team obviously won tonight. We get back tomorrow.

Early in the season. !@#!$ loss but I'm sure no one is throwing in the towel because of this game.

Gotta love the Sioux win or lose. (Still am pissed about the loss though).

Hak on with TH now. NOT a smart performance by the team tonight...worked hard enough for one period to stay in it...too many 80-foot cross rink passes with people's feet standing still......heck of a challenge tomorrow night....certainly an "egg" tonight....not a good week of practice...similar to tonight....."we have guys that are over six foot getting "knocked on their can"....Toews doubtful for tomorrow, but no medical opinion yet.....there's going to be some "lineup changes" anyway......

"You don't want to skate during the game, we'll skate tomorrow morning.....be here at 7 a.m........"

DING!

We have a winner.

THey'll skate hard and do passing drills up and down the ice. They'll practice clearing rebounds and getting to the net.... ok, I don't know what they'll practice, but tommorrow is as much as a "must win" for the Sioux as it can get early in the season.

Is TH getting a postgame interview with Hak?

Yep. I liked Hakstol's response when TH said something about how there will be some lineup changes with Vandevelde getting a 5 min. and Toews possibly being injured. Hakstol just laughed and said, "Well there will be lineup changes regardless. Obviously we need to get some of that hunger back."

Yep. I liked Hakstol's response when TH said something about how there will be some lineup changes with Vandevelde getting a 5 min. and Toews possibly being injured. Hakstol just laughed and said, "Well there will be lineup changes regardless. Obviously we need to get some of that hunger back."

Definitely!

There was no hunger tonight at all. At least Vandevelde was trying. It was a bad penalty but he was trying hard. Bishop looked ok. But man, I tell you, there were so many players that had bad nights...

This was definitely a TEAM loss. And really, who can blame Phil when he got no support.

One last thing: NOT impressed with the team's composure. Problems in all facets of the game including discipline, passing, communication, clearing the zone, transition... well, I think Hak should keep a game tape of this game and show this game before every game vs. top tier opponents so that the team can get their heads together.

I agree you can't really put the blame on Phil and automatically say put in Grieco. Honestly, I think Lammy played good with what he was given. The defense seemed pretty much invisible in the 2nd and 3rd periods. And the offense wasn't helping much either by not making any offensive production at all.

Based on Haks comment regarding the lack of effort it won't be a surprise if all healthy sitting players are in the lineup tomorrow, including Greico. Time to see what the kid can do.

So you sit the guy that got hung out to dry or didn't have a chance on at least 5 of the goals? That makes no sense to me. I agree with putting in different players to try and get a spark on the team, but changing the goalie in this type of a loss I can't agree with.

So you sit the guy that got hung out to dry or didn't have a chance on at least 5 of the goals? That makes no sense to me. I agree with putting in different players to try and get a spark on the team, but changing the goalie in this type of a loss I can't agree with.

Yeah, but Phil can't play every game. He's gotta sit sometime. With a goalie, just because you don't play every game, doesn't mean you're being punished.

Got back from the game a little bit ago. I agree with you guys. I thought for sure that Lammy wouldn't be playing after the second tonight, but what do I know. The team didn't really show up tonight, lots of roughing penalties that didn't need to happen. Hopefully, Hak can get them going for tomorrow. It was interesting to see Finley get knocked flat at one point. Let's move on to tomorrow and get a win though.

On a side note, the cowbell guy was back in action tonight.

Comments about the officiating. Has there ever been a game with Adam referring where it didn't turn into an ugly game? That no way excuses the team for being taken out of their game in the 2nd period.

I was at the game and since the WCHA has so much confidence in their officials they made a rule never to show a penalty on the jumbo-tron. So.

Toew's three penalties. The first one he DID unnecessarily bump the goalie so, whatever. However he argued about the other two penalties. His hooking call near the goal, he seemed to claim his stick was held, was it? He also didn't seem to like the interference.

I caught the Vandervelde hit out of the corner of my eye. At the time I thought he didn't hit him from behind but did charge and get his elbow up. Just curious, didn't make a difference in the game.

There were several ghost penalties behind the play. There was one right at the time that Watkins made a big check in the corner (first period) Any ideas if that was a good one? (I thought Watkins came out flying in the first period, but he dropped off when the team lost it in the 2nd)

But, it's just one game and there just kids. They'll get better.

not a good thread to come home to check out. not gona go back through the whole thing so just wondering if we have any DQ's for tomorrow night? thanks, sounds like the game got a bit chippy. we will take it to them tomorrow night and get this split.

not a good thread to come home to check out. not gona go back through the whole thing so just wondering if we have any DQ's for tomorrow night? thanks, sounds like the game got a bit chippy. we will take it to them tomorrow night and get this split.

It didn't sound like Vandervelde got one, but even so I don't expect him to play Saturday.

Got back from the game a little bit ago. I agree with you guys. I thought for sure that Lammy wouldn't be playing after the second tonight, but what do I know. The team didn't really show up tonight, lots of roughing penalties that didn't need to happen. Hopefully, Hak can get them going for tomorrow. It was interesting to see Finley get knocked flat at one point. Let's move on to tomorrow and get a win though.

On a side note, the cowbell guy was back in action tonight.

I say you put Lammy back in and see how he performs, but what the heck do I know?

I hate the cowbell guy! Everytime he goes at it I'm afraid Randall Flagg is around the corner. It must be the cowbell guy's fault.