SiouxSports.com Forum

Looking for Anti-Bison t-shirt help

rick blaine

lifelong Sioux fan here who also has had Gopher FB season tickets for 10 years, with the evil empire coming to the Metrodome on 10/21 I'm trying to track down some anti-NDSU apparel for me and my other Bison-hating bretren who will be at the game. I know since the Sioux haven't played them for so long that it might be tough to find. Anyone have any ideas? If not I might have to have something made up special, any ideas other than the old standbuys of "Buck the Fison" or "NDSUcks". Any help will be appreciated, I need something special to greet the many MOO U fans who will be making the trip for what hopefully will be a serious beat down by the Gophers.

This cant be normal behavior? Obviously this is an outgrowth of the hostile and abusive campus atmosphere up there, Maybe the NCAA has a point? If this is your reality its a good idea to change. The NCAA might be right?

You're absolutely right. Since UND fans are hostile and abusive against NDSU, the NCAA should force the Bison to change their nickname.

This cant be normal behavior? Obviously this is an outgrowth of the hostile and abusive campus atmosphere up there, Maybe the NCAA has a point? If this is your reality its a good idea to change. The NCAA might be right?

Is your glass house rock-proof, Holdem?

Here's an entry from Mike McFeely's blog at the NDSU-GSU game:

Jeff Kolpack just spotted a Bison booster wearing an anti-UND shirt. Good to see people have moved on.

lifelong Sioux fan here who also has had Gopher FB season tickets for 10 years, with the evil empire coming to the Metrodome on 10/21 I'm trying to track down some anti-NDSU apparel for me and my other Bison-hating bretren who will be at the game. I know since the Sioux haven't played them for so long that it might be tough to find. Anyone have any ideas? If not I might have to have something made up special, any ideas other than the old standbuys of "Buck the Fison" or "NDSUcks". Any help will be appreciated, I need something special to greet the many MOO U fans who will be making the trip for what hopefully will be a serious beat down by the Gophers.

I've always like the "If you want to work on a farm go to NDSU, if you want to own the farm go to UND" slam. That along with the Old MacDonald Tune really gets their goat - and they have plenty of goats down there.

I'll be at this game, and I can't stand either team so I'm going to wear my Sioux jersey.

Before anyone asks, my wife graduated from NDSU, so if I want things to be good on the homefront I have to agree to go to 1 SU game a year. 1 game isn't too bad even though it almost kills me everytime.

Sorry, but I can't help you in that category.

I also can't help you with your cheering.

I'll be rooting for NDSU. Yup. NDSU. Why? Because I want the entire metrodome to be chanting "FIRE MASON" by the end of the 3rd Quarter.

Everyone has talked about how much history Minnesota football has (not as much as hockey, but they're supposed to be pretty decent historically speaking). Well, Mason is Matt Millon if he were a college head coach. Minnesota NEEDS to lose this game or the UMN AD won't be able to see Mason as the crappy coach he is. Instead, he'll just hail it as a victory and settle for mediocrity.

DaveK- It's nice to know that someone appreciates the worthless Bowls like the Insight or Music City Bowls.

If the Bowl system wasn't so overbloated, they still would have only gone to 3 bowl games in the past. 7-5 records worthy of a bowl berth? Please.

Just because you make it to a Bowl game doesn't make you a "good" coach. There are 145,000 Bowl games. So many, in fact, that it is really difficult to NOT get an invite if you finish with a record above .500.

Sorry, Mason is, at best, a mediocre coach. A slight improvement to his predecessor.

I'll have to agree to disagree with you. There have been 145,000 bowl games being played each year for more years than Mason has been the Gophers coach. Their two bowl game appearances in 1985 and 1986 were in the Liberty Bowl, which is every bit as worthless as the Insight or Music City. Compared to those 2-9 and 3-8 seasons, 7-5 is much more than a slight improvement. They haven't gone to more bowl games under Mason because all of a sudden there are so many more bowl games, that has been going on for at least 20 years. They've gone to more bowl games under Mason because the program has improved. They aren't great, but at least they're respectable. Before Mason they weren't even respectable. They were a joke. Look at those records again. 10-3 just three short years ago. This is a program that had not won 10 football games in any single season since 1905. Over the last four years combined they won 32 games. How far do you have to go back to find the last time the Gophers won 32 football games in a span of four years?

How many of those wins were conference games?? :)

I don't know why any North Dakotan wouldn't want NDSU to win this game. I'm a UND alumnus and fan, but I would love to see NDSU put up a good showing against the Gophers.

I have the utmost respect for what NDSU has done since making the move up, and only hope we can come close to what they've done.

Agree to disagree it is, DaveK. 15-17 is still a losing record. And not making the bowl game bid because there are too many bowls is a new excuse to me.

I will give you the fact that 15-17 is better than 4-28. 15-17 is just slightly worse than mediocre while 4-28 is just flat out sucking. So, I was wrong. The Gophers aren't mediocre, but they've gotten awfully close to obtaining that mark since Mason took control.

But really, when you depend upon teams like Indiana (and that's not always a given) to win your conference games against, it's rather sad. It's also sad that a choke-worthy Michigan team ala last season was still good enough to beat the Gophers. I'd even wager to say over the past 4 years, Minnesota wasn't even competitive with the top Big 10 schools. Heck, I can't remember the last time they were!

Mason's defense is so good that their 250 lb. DTs can't run and their linebackers aren't athletic and undersized... oh! And they can't tackle. And that's just DEFENSE! Offensively, Cupito is an average QB, but at least he isn't as bad as the Gopher D. The Running Back situation is sad. Their WRs are basically a one man show (Payne? I can't remember his name for some reason). One of their WRs is so good that you can throw to him 20 times and you MIGHT get 10 receptions out of it... even if there is no defensive coverage!

This team is just BAAAAD.

Oh and thanks for justifying my position regarding post season success. In other words, in recent history, the Gophers have yet to compete in a post season berth that means something. Liberty Bowl, Insight, Music City... all worthless bowl bids. And this team is supposedly respectable? Please.

Okay, so are you telling me with a straight face that 15-17 really isn't all that much better than 4-28? Seriously?

Just for you, some facts on the "Mason era":

1. His team is 0-4 in the Big Ten, in last place.

2. If the Gophs finish in the second division of the Big Ten standings, it will be the 7th time in 10 seasons under Mase in which they did so.

3. In the program's last 30 losses under Mase, his team has yielded 1,105 points. That is an average of 36.8 points per loss.

4. In 11 of those 30 losses, his teams have yielded 40 or more points.

5. In those 30 losses, the average margin of loss is 15.2 points.

6. In 10 of those 30 losses, the margin of loss is 21 points or more.

7. His overall coaching record at Minnesota is 60-55.

8. His non-conference record as Gophers head coach is 31-8.

9. His Big Ten record is 29-47.

10. His teams have never finished higher than fourth place (three times; they have also finished 10th, 9th, 8th, and seventh three times).

11. In the two seasons prior to this "rebuilding" season, the so-called payoff years when the Gophers had put together an all-world offensive line and running game, the Gophers finished in eighth place (2004), and seventh place (2005).

12. The 2006 Gophers have been deemed homecoming meat in three of four conference road games (Purdue, Wisconsin and Ohio State).