SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs QUINNIPIAC Saturday Game Thread

AZSIOUX

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Over the weekend, Lamoureux made some absolutely great saves and looked solid. I think he's fully capable to carry this team, but next weekend, even with defense-minded Wisc. will be a better look as to what he can really do. Some of the times that he played the puck made me nervous, WCHA teams might not have such a hard time capitalizing on those.

Overall, great win, go Sioux!

AZSIOUX - I have checked out your website a few times. Are you in the memorabilia business or just a guy with some extra money and some "ins" to get the goods?

some good ins and spend a few bucks......not in the business but i do obtain many myself or help from gracious sioux fans

For reference, (and maybe you can pass this up the chain) when you link to a uscho page lately the link will bring you to the ECHL page. I did the same thing.

I see that. I changed the link to go to the UND Schedule/Results page. Most people can probably figure it out from there.

It's late and probably mostly already said, but here are my impressions of the game:

Suites are NIIIIIICEEEE! :silly:

Toews was amazing and so was Duncan. Oshie showed a lot of hustle but I can't help but be a little disappointed in the fact that he was alone with the puck no less than 3 times in front of the net and he couldn't bury the puck. One time (the shorthanded breakaway) he clearly had the goaltender beat. Kozek had the only other obvious miss of the night.

We HAVE HAVE HAVE to bury more of our chances than we did if we expect to win against tougher teams than Quinnipiac. The Bobcats gave us MANY great chances and either the goaltender came up big or we didn't capitolize on it in a less savory manner.

Folks, our power play was BAD last night. Missed passes, running into each other... It's almost like they didn't know where they were going. Not to worry, our second period play was even worse.

Phil played ok, but the first QU goal happened right in front of my seats and, besides the fact that Genoway got absolutely torched (he tried to play the body WAY too late), I think Phil could have had that one. The play wasn't going that fast. The second QU goal I didn't see very well as it was on the other side of the arena.

I love the Toews hattie but I think Fisher may have had a valid argument on Toews' second goal. He was clearly covering the puck for what probably was enough time for a whistle. No whistle came, he moved (which dislodged the puck) and TOews buried it. A questionable call but oh well. It's still the game winner.

I was impressed with Hunter Bishop. That kid can hustle. I was very happy to see Forney in the lineup and he even had a pretty decent shot on goal at one point.

I think this team will do fine as long as we don't play like we did the second period against teams like UW, Minnesota, or Maine.

I was impressed with Hunter Bishop. That kid can hustle.

I spoke a little with Hunter and told him the #19 is a lot to live up to. Looks like he's on his way to being worthy!

Radke cracked me up last night. He hit a guy right in front of us, the whistle blew, Radke gave the guy a little push, grinned at him face to face, then skated away. I saw a little flash of Prp in him. :silly:

I spoke a little with Hunter and told him the #19 is a lot to live up to. Looks like he's on his way to being worthy!

When head WCHA official Greg Shepherd was in the press box for the Manitoba exhibition, he said he told George Gwozdecky that number 19 was back in the lineup for North Dakota. Gwoz's first reaction was to question how UND had managed to come up with an extra year of eligibility for Prpich.

Just another way that Shepherd messes with coaches' minds. :silly:

And based on what we have seen over the weekend of the freshmen so far it would appear that Zajac and Bishop should get the most playing time out of the forwards to start the WCHA season.

I don't know, Forney looked pretty good last night, Forney is definately a great skater with good speed... With this much talent in the line up there is going to be a lot of driven players competing for playing time. I think we could benifit from that to in the form of wins.

I don't know, Forney looked pretty good last night, Forney is definately a great skater with good speed... With this much talent in the line up there is going to be a lot of driven players competing for playing time. I think we could benifit from that to in the form of wins.

All the freshmen look decent, I just thought Zajac and Bishop looked more comfortable at this level.

Bishop and Zajac were the two best freshmen IMO as well.

Aside from the poor play on QU's first goal last night, I thought Genoway had a solid weekend, and he'll battle hard for a top-six spot on D. He's a slick player, but a little raw. I'm a bit nervous after this weekend if I'm Kyle Radke. Radke had a so-so weekend and a lot of penalties.

It seemed to me that the Sioux shot a lot more on odd-man rushes this weekend instead of trying to make the extra pass for the "perfect play" like they have in the past. I don't know if they're emphasizing that more this year or if it was a case of trying to catch the G-tender cheating. Regardless, I like seeing shots on net when presented with the opportunity.