SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX VS MANITOBA GAME THREAD

AZSIOUX

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone know why there were 4 officials on the ice? Rule change or breaking in a new guy? I must of missed something because I do not recall seeing a change in policy to 4 officials.

The TV feed claimed it was an experiment as a potential future change. It will be back to three officials for next weekends games.

The TV feed claimed it was an experiment as a potential future change. It will be back to three officials for next weekends games.

Greg Shepherd said the WCHA would be switching to the four-official system for the 2008 season. We better get used to it.

Ditto on the tailgating. It was fun, and I really enjoyed meeting a number of people from ss.com.

Thank you for the excellent food. It was nice to see some familiar SS.com faces and meet some new ones. i wish I could have stayed longer, but duty called.

Greg Shepherd said the WCHA would be switching to the four-official system for the 2008 season. We better get used to it.

It stunk, they kept stopping in front of us so we couldn't see around them! The best part about that is that I was about a foot away from Storey when he got hit in the face with a puck!! ??? My friend and I had fun yelling at one of them to move and watching him skate back and forth between us!! It may be a good idea though. More refs more of a chance that they will see something happen.

Thank you for the excellent food. It was nice to see some familiar SS.com faces and meet some new ones. i wish I could have stayed longer, but duty called.

Will be there again between football game and hockey game this Saturday. Your duty is to be there. ???

Just FYI, Brad Malone was at the Sioux game last night. I talked to him for a bit, he seemed to like it. He said he was here this whole weekend. He said its definetely down to us and wisconsin. Didn't really hint at what he was going to do though.

Hope you didn't scare him away! :)???

So both Malone and Nash may have been visiting this weekend? Landing both of those forwards would be a huge boost to the Sioux recruiting classes.

It stunk, they kept stopping in front of us so we couldn't see around them! The best part about that is that I was about a foot away from Storey when he got hit in the face with a puck!! ??? My friend and I had fun yelling at one of them to move and watching him skate back and forth between us!! It may be a good idea though. More refs more of a chance that they will see something happen.

You mean more refs to raise their hands at odd times and drive the penalty counts up exponentially.

Hey! Just think of what an "honor" it would be to have a reffing tandem of Don Adam and Todd Anderson! Or maybe Marco Hunt and Derek Shepherd? I think we'll start seeing games where entire periods are played on special teams.

You mean more refs to raise their hands at odd times and drive the penalty counts up exponentially.

Hey! Just think of what an "honor" it would be to have a reffing tandem of Don Adam and Todd Anderson! Or maybe Marco Hunt and Derek Shepherd? I think we'll start seeing games where entire periods are played on special teams.

Adam and Anderson? Might as well be S. Wonder and R. Charles....

Adam and Anderson? Might as well be S. Wonder and R. Charles....

Meanwhile, opposing players start putting metal studs on their elbow and shoulder pads and Altru Medical Center (or wherever the game is being played) sends 3 or 4 extra ambulances and has their full ER staff on standby. That combination of blindness and ignorance to player safety is downright frightening.

Thats a horrible idea. Now we are going to have 4 blind mice. Its seems like the WCHA idea of the New Deal. Building jobs for the future.

Thats a horrible idea. Now we are going to have 4 blind mice. Its seems like the WCHA idea of the New Deal. Building jobs for the future.

Yup.

Twice as many incompetant or underpaid officials that Greg can mismanage, corrupt, and totally bungle administratively. Good ref or not, Greg is a poor administrator. No accountability for his officials and really, when you have another member of the officiating crew to the equation, it is a recipe for disaster.

My solution is simple: Step 1: Fire Greg Shepherd and hire a retired (or close to retired) NHL official to head the WCHA officiating crew. Step 2: Instead of spending money to put a 4th official on the ice.... get this... raise the pay for the existing officials in exchange for a tighter accountability practice. By 2008 the job search can be accomplished for Step 1 and the turnover of the incompetant officials can begin in earnest.