SiouxSports.com Forum

Stafford signs!

BB9

Whoever posted the link, thanks, I can rest easier today because I didn't believe this on Friday when it was posted that he was signing. The link is my ultimate savior.

Did your cheerios, by chance, taste like urine this morning? :lol::lol:

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck to Stafford!

Though I am glad that there is finally a few links to this story, which lends it credibility beyond that of heresay, I'm sad to see him go.

gordwiser, you were right. Thanks for portraying the news in such a respectable manner and putting up with all the junk you put up with afterwards.

Nevertheless, I still hope the rumors around Spirko remain a matter of fiction.

No, not what I said. As a reporter you should know not to take what a person says out of context. Oh wait, sorry, reporters do that a lot.

Sudo-reporters do it more than anyone else and better than anyone else. It's what makes the job so darn much fun. :lol:

I don't think that people posting that they were going to wait for 'official' news before accepting that Drew was leaving was disrespectful. If anything I posted was disrespectful, I am sorry. I elected to wait for 'an official' release and than when things got silly, I had fun with it. Sorry if any feelings were hurt. :lol:

:lol: excuse me while i go cry my eyes out.

HA HA...please this has been a foregone conclusion since the buzzer sounded against BC. Smaby and Stafford were pretty much guarantees. Zajac is the one that stung for me. If we don't hang on to Spirko it is really going to be a lot to overcome next year. So much for being favorites next year.

Have you looked at our roster lately?! Even with these players gone, we still have a $hit load of talent on this team. :lol:

yeah, but that's ALOT of talent to lose early. Two of your best set up guys/goal scorers/leaders, and unarguably the best defenseman on the team this past year. throw sparky into that mix and the very very very mild possibility of toews leaving, that would hurt.

I'm pretty sure sure that I said yesterday that all the laughter would soon turn to tears. When Sparky and JPar are gone we can break out the tissues again.

yeah it sucks but tears, not for me. we are loaded with talent and will be for the next few years and will be very excited for this coming year regardless of who is in our lineup.

yeah it sucks but tears, not for me. we are loaded with talent and will be for the next few years and will be very excited for this coming year regardless of who is in our lineup.

Agreed, I look for Oshie and Toews to be dominant, Watkins, Kozek, Duncan will all have stellar sophmore year's. Defensively, Big Joe will fill Smaby's role, and Lee, Jones, and Chorney will all be very solid. Throw in some veteran leadership from Kaip, and Radke, and some outstanding freshmen coming in, and I think we will be just fine.

I'm pretty sure sure that I said yesterday that all the laughter would soon turn to tears. When Sparky and JPar are gone we can break out the tissues again.

Wouldn't you say that as long as Spirko finishes the school year there is a shot he returns?

With Parise, I completely agree if anyone gives him a shot at an AHL job he would need to take it. He can always get his degree from UND, but he never assured a pro job.

Congrats to Stafford, it was well earned. I guess this closes the book on the whole Murray/Stafford vs. Potulny/Irmen debates. :lol:

There's always still Osh..(insert sounds of someone billy-clubbing me over the head and me hitting the floor here)

Ooh, ooh, let me finish this one. You mean Oshie/Toews vs. kessel/wheeler, a year ago people may have thought the scales would be tipped in favor of the brown and yellow. Now, I'm not quite so sure :lol:

yeah, but that's ALOT of talent to lose early. Two of your best set up guys/goal scorers/leaders, and unarguably the best defenseman on the team this past year. throw sparky into that mix and the very very very mild possibility of toews leaving, that would hurt.

i know toews personally and talk to him often...he isnt leaving. i know things change, but last time we talked (monday night) he said he needs more time in the weight room and to improve on some little things before he makes the jump. basically, he told me there was no way he was leaving. just an fyi

i know toews personally and talk to him often...he isnt leaving. i know things change, but last time we talked (monday night) he said he needs more time in the weight room and to improve on some little things before he makes the jump. basically, he told me there was no way he was leaving. just an fyi

thats great but unless your family or very very very close friends with jon, those words do not mean anything. im not saying hes lying or anything like that as he may be completely commited on coming back but we do not know what pick he will be taken at and the intensions of that team that takes him, thats all. i know very well how pro teams operate when it comes to prospects and lets just hope the team that picks him wants him back in school for 1 more year because thats all we get. not bashing you at all with your report from talking with jon because its nice to hear stuff like that. i think jon will be back but as we all now its never certain.

thats great but unless your family or very very very close friends with jon, those words do not mean anything. im not saying hes lying or anything like that as he may be completely commited on coming back but we do not know what pick he will be taken at and the intensions of that team that takes him, thats all. i know very well how pro teams operate when it comes to prospects and lets just hope the team that picks him wants him back in school for 1 more year because thats all we get. not bashing you at all with your report from talking with jon because its nice to hear stuff like that. i think jon will be back but as we all now its never certain.

oh dont worry im not taking that in a bad way. i know what you mean. and no, im neither famioly, or very very very close friends. but, he kidded around about goin to the OHL or WHL and got me thinkin he was seriously leavin us to go do that. then he said he was just playin with me and he was not gonna leave at all. so, hopefully those words stay true. as i have already seen, drews words last fall didnt stay true.

Ooh, ooh, let me finish this one. You mean Oshie/Toews vs. kessel/wheeler, a year ago people may have thought the scales would be tipped in favor of the brown and yellow. Now, I'm not quite so sure :lol:

Do you think all four of these guys will be in the NCAAs next year?

i say 1 of them will and he plays for UND.....oshie

no reason, just a hunch, actually i could see all 4 going pro as all 3 teams (as st louis may take one of the big 3 in johnson, toews, kessel) who will own these guys may want them now :lol:

I think the only "sure" bet to return to college is Towes. I just don't see him physically ready for the big time yet. He certainly has the skill, the hands and the vision to step up now, but I think he'd be a lot better pro closer to 200 pounds.

Oshie, Wheeler and The Thrill could all, very easily, be gone. Sad to even think that, but I believe its possible. :lol: