SiouxSports.com Forum

Who is your favorite Sioux hockey player and why?

Prpichrocks_19

maybe i am wrong, but i did not see one person say Jason Herter or Russ Romaniuk. I move to GF when they were in their prime. Being some of my first Sioux sticks and pucks moments, those were some of the greatest for me! A Herter slapper from the slot on the powerplay or a break away snipe by Romaniuk, it's tough to choose between the two.

Along the lines of most dislike players: how about Aaron Schneekloth! He got absolutely undressed by BC in a national championship game. My friends all call him PYLON so I know I am not alone in saying that he is definitely on a few peoples sh*t list.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You steal the Schneider jersey from me, then you threaten to steal the The Oshie jersey from me and now you make fun of Mutrie. You just don't like me, do you? :D;)

It's the hockey, the hockey makes me do it! Need hockey......

Hello, my name is Sioux-cia and I'm a hockey addict.

maybe i am wrong, but i did not see one person say Jason Herter or Russ Romaniuk. I move to GF when they were in their prime. Being some of my first Sioux sticks and pucks moments, those were some of the greatest for me! A Herter slapper from the slot on the powerplay or a break away snipe by Romaniuk, it's tough to choose between the two.

Along the lines of most dislike players: how about Aaron Schneekloth! He got absolutely undressed by BC in a national championship game. My friends all call him PYLON so I know I am not alone in saying that he is definitely on a few peoples sh*t list.

Agree with the Schneekloth thing. For whatever reason, I never really liked him.

I also may be biased because I happened to room next to David Hale my freshman year in Walsh Hall and happened to hang out with him on occasion; regardless, I've always been a fan of his style of play (I've always loved big physical defensemen). I can remember moving into the dorms and thinking that he was a football player the way he was built (yes...I was your typical clueless freshman). Been looking for the right time for my first post and it seemed fitting to post the night of his first post season point (correct me if I'm wrong). Here's to hoping that he sees icetime the rest of the playoffs.

I also may be biased because I happened to room next to David Hale my freshman year in Walsh Hall and happened to hang out with him on occasion; regardless, I've always been a fan of his style of play (I've always loved big physical defensemen). I can remember moving into the dorms and thinking that he was a football player the way he was built (yes...I was your typical clueless freshman). Been looking for the right time for my first post and it seemed fitting to post the night of his first post season point (correct me if I'm wrong). Here's to hoping that he sees icetime the rest of the playoffs.

*raises glass of apple juice* here here!

Well, this about my only second post. I work the midnights and I usually only have time to read most of the insightful posts :D Anyhoo, one of my all-time favorite players was Scotty Dub. For a couple of reasons. First of all, he was a local boy back when we mostly recuited out of state players. Secondly, he was a grinder and a scorer. Finally, he was always the last person off the ice and before he left the ice, he always took a slapshot from about the redline into the opponents net. For a young boy watching he was DA BOMB. Lee Davidson also was molded like Dub.

I just want to know you favotite Sioux players of this year but any player will work. Every Sioux hockey player is amazing. My choice is going to have to be THE GREAT MIKE PRPICH!! ;)

I was really surprised you didn't say Parise or something...

Stafford_rules, you didn't say Stafford? WTF?

A slight blemish! No woman is perfect (though you two are close ;) ).

You're dead meat, buddy.

My fave Sioux player is SPIRKO! He's the guy that really got my Sioux fan-dom going.

Even though I never watched him play, I guess I have to like Archibald, since I'm in :D with his nephew.

I've only followed Sioux hockey closely for about six or seven years, but I really liked Tim Skarperud....seemed like he worked hard each game and was a leader for the team.

I also liked Roche, but that's just because at my first Final Five, I was two rows from the ice, and I remember him checking someone so hard right in front of me that I could feel my seat moving. :D

And there started the addiction.

Maybe Rick Myers. Maybe the first of the truly "local boys." From the East Slide anyhow.

I was only about 300 or so steps slower, and had about a tenth of the hockey sense, as Rick Myers, or I probably maybe coulda skated for da Sioux myself. Instead, I had to sit in the stands and watch my lady friend drooling over Rick.

I often dreampt about scoring once or twice myself for the Sioux. In big games. In my Schlitz-driven dreams. Always breakaways. Always coming in on shaky ankles and no handling skills whatsoever. And I still scored. Looked in the stands for my lady friend and she was gone. In my dreams.

Maybe I, NorthDakotaHockey, am my "favorite Sioux hockey player." And now you know why.

If not Rick, then maybe it gets way way too hard to even try to say.

Jim Cruise??

Jim Cruise.

I have quite a few over the years.

Check out Archies numbers his senior year and compare to Ryan Potulny(Hobey Candidate) and Junior lessard(Hobey Winner) in their final seasons.

Archie 41 gp 37 goals 24 assists 197 pim

rypo 41 38 25 31

junior 45 32 31 34

Panzer was robbed and I believe that Archie should be awarded a Hobey!!!

I was really surprised you didn't say Parise or something...

Stafford_rules, you didn't say Stafford? WTF?

You're dead meat, buddy.

My fave Sioux player is SPIRKO! He's the guy that really got my Sioux fan-dom going.

Even though I never watched him play, I guess I have to like Archibald, since I'm in :D with his nephew.

i thought that was just a given but if it needs to be said, i heart drew stafford. ;)

Maybe Rick Myers. Maybe the first of the truly "local boys." From the East Slide anyhow.

I was only about 300 or so steps slower, and had about a tenth of the hockey sense, as Rick Myers, or I probably maybe coulda skated for da Sioux myself. Instead, I had to sit in the stands and watch my lady friend drooling over Rick.

I often dreampt about scoring once or twice myself for the Sioux. In big games. In my Schlitz-driven dreams. Always breakaways. Always coming in on shaky ankles and no handling skills whatsoever. And I still scored. Looked in the stands for my lady friend and she was gone. In my dreams.

Maybe I, NorthDakotaHockey, am my "favorite Sioux hockey player." And now you know why.

If not Rick, then maybe it gets way way too hard to even try to say.

Jim Cruise??

Jim Cruise.

WOW, i never thought i'd hear that name again. He was my coach in my first year of bantam hocket in east side. I can honestly say he was a good coach, but he was 10-15 yrs removed from the glory days and still lived in them. Still had the gold chain through the pimp chest hair and a half bottle of cologne on!! :D He was a nice guy and a good coach, he made it fun, didn't ride us too hard if we knew we screwed up, and wasn't afraid to tell stories(hockey or jersey chasers!!)

Not really my favorite Sioux (but excellent player), Brian Williams. I've always wondered why Fargo has only produced (for UND) one really good hockey player. Their program has got to be, what, 35 years or more old. Maybe there's been some others in other programs that have been standouts, but for the Sioux, he's the only one that comes to mind. Am I missing someone? Or something? Do the "good ones" not sign with the Sioux? Someone enlighten me?