SiouxSports.com Forum

Who is your favorite Sioux hockey player and why?

Prpichrocks_19

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Phats (SS.com user name) because he's my son. ;)

Homer!!! :):):)

Don't have a single favorite player. I like all of the players... well.. most of the players. It would be easier for me to list the players I've watched that I didn't like because then I wouldn't have to list whole rosters.

Homer!!! :):):)

Don't have a single favorite player. I like all of the players... well.. most of the players. It would be easier for me to list the players I've watched that I didn't like because then I wouldn't have to list whole rosters.

it'd be interesting to see what would happen to that thread

as far as favorite for me, teeder wynne, toby kvalevog, oshie, toews, duncan(by way of my daughter) dane litke, ian kidd, mark lembke, zach, travis zajac, and to goon it up i need pivetz, commodore, and archibald.

Does anyone have a handful of ex-Sioux players that they really didn't like? Guys you thought were overrated or lazy? Despite being a die-hard fan there are a couple that I just didn't like for no particular reason. I would have defended them to my last breath if a rodent fan critizied them, but I really didn't like them.

I don't want names, but I was wondering if anyone else has felt this way.

Does anyone have a handful of ex-Sioux players that they really didn't like? Guys you thought were overrated or lazy? Despite being a die-hard fan there are a couple that I just didn't like for no particular reason. I would have defended them to my last breath if a rodent fan critizied them, but I really didn't like them.

Whether we do or not, I'm not sure that fits the scope of this thread.

Yes.

Jonathan Toews is my most liked because he's so damn good. He is honestly the best all around freshman I have ever seen play at UND(sorry Zach and TJ).

Andy Kollar is my most hated because, well, he just sucked. He looked like a Bantam B goaltender some games.

I don't think I have the time or the space to name everyone. I never understood hockey that well until I started following the Sioux, so they will all have a special place in my heart whether or not I liked them as a player. Though, I have to put that this smiley reminds me of Mike: :) It has a big smile just like him.

Jim Archibald hands down. How many players could rack up the points and the penalties like him.

My favorite Archie move: In old Williams Arena, After a stoppage of play I think, Archie was skating for the bench and that pest Pat Michelleti of the gophs was coming off. They passed each other close, and Archie couldnt resist, golf swinging Michelletti off his feet with his stick (no love between those two). It appeared Michelletti did a 180 and landed on is head, which was probably the safest place for him to land. Today, Archie would have got skinned alive by the ref and the press for that move. Back then (1984ish) he got a roughing minor.

My favorite Ludwig move

(Don't remember the team, sorry.)

There was a big gloves off fight in front of the net and Ludwig was standing between the blue line and the net. Some little (next to him!) $hit rushes up to him and starts swinging. Ludwig holds him arms lenght away by the front of his jersey as he slowly skates backward toward the blue line and away from the fight. Little $hit never lands a punch. The ref and linesmen have their hands full in front of the net. Ludwig then cold cocks this dude who goes down like a ton of bricks. Ludwig skates to the bench, sits down and watches the rest of the fight from there. :D