SiouxSports.com Forum

God Bless The Fightng Sioux!

kfah1

The season has come to an end. Not the way we would've like to have seen it, but it has.

There is NO reason to hang our heads as either a team or as fans.

The Fighting Sioux had conquered much more this season than many would admit or give the credit for.

Many things will now be said about our beloved Fighting Sioux, good and bad. But man we love our Fighting Sioux!

Many feelings washed over me at the end of the game: nausea, anger, etc. But when I think about it, we have all the reason in the world to say we are fans of the Fighting Sioux!

I am proud to say that and I will next year and the year after that and so forth and what not. I'm proud of this team. I'm proud of the coaches. I'm proud of the fans. I'm proud of those fans on this forum.

Bring it on detractors. It does not mean a thing to me.

I'm proud of our Fighting Sioux. God bless you for a great season! God bless those who may/are moving on! God bless you durng the off season! I'll be there next year!!! I can't wait!!!!!

Go Sioux!!!!

Great post, kfah1. thumbup_wink.gif

Let's not forget that this Sioux team was picked to finish fifth in the WCHA at season's start. They finished fourth and had a great run at season's end, winning the Broadmoor Cup and the West Regional.

If anyone told me at the beginning of the season that UND would be one of four teams in the nation left playing in April, I would have taken that in a heartbeat.

It's been a great run and a great season. Nobody should hang their heads in shame -- not the players and not the coaches.

We are among the most fortunate hockey fans in the country to see such high-quality hockey every season in one of the world's best arenas. Let's not forget how good we have it.

I can hardly wait until the puck drops again next season.

Thank God it's Spring

are the Fish Biting anywhere yet ?

Thanks Guys for a Fun Exciting Year

Remember were still building (& this Yr was better than last ...kinda) - so no one can leave - you have to Prove Yourselves at this Level 1st ;)

Thanks again for another great season & God Bless you all it was a great run & this is from of all places, "THE GATORNATION." Thank you again & I can't wait for next season to get here & it should have been here yesterday.

2006 National Champs Florida Gators.

SIOUX FAN SINCE 1973.

Thanks guys

What this young team accomplished is nothing short of amazing to many, but not to Fighting Sioux fans. We are the #1 program in college hockey and greatness is what we expect and is what our players delivered. We as fans are all proud to be part of this program and are behind our players 100%. We know you will outwork everyone else until next year and play like UND Fighting Sioux again next season.

We want #8 and know you will do everything you can to bring it home.

Guys, thanks for the ride and work hard and do us proud next year.

As Dire Straits' "Brothers in Arms" plays-on in the background...

In the coming days I am optimistic my currently frustrated soul will come to grips with today...but that is part of the passion that I have for Fighting Sioux hockey. I know they've probably over-achieved for this year...so I raise a glass to that.

I know the Team will probably have a few defections...and best of luck to them...they will be missed.

I know that a core group will be back to carry on the proud tradition of playing for the Fighting Sioux...and here's to you...our support shall not falter.

Now pass me one of 'dem 'dere...

Great post, kfah1. thumbup_wink.gif

Let's not forget that this Sioux team was picked to finish fifth in the WCHA at season's start. They finished fourth and had a great run at season's end, winning the Broadmoor Cup and the West Regional.

If anyone told me at the beginning of the season that UND would be one of four teams in the nation left playing in April, I would have taken that in a heartbeat.

It's been a great run and a great season. Nobody should hang their heads in shame -- not the players and not the coaches.

We are among the most fortunate hockey fans in the country to see such high-quality hockey every season in one of the world's best arenas. Let's not forget how good we have it.

I can hardly wait until the puck drops again next season.

Yeah. At one point we weren't even picked to make the post season period!

WE MADE IT TO THE FROZEN FOUR!!!!

To me, this was a disappointing end to an overall GOOD season. We didn't choke. We lost to a team that was hot at the right time. They played hard on both sides and BC just came out on top.

Instead of hating, I'm putting on all the warm fuzzies for Hakstol and crew. He knew how to make a team and we, again, had quality leadership when it mattered. Let's hope for a painless offseason where we can reload and start over again next October!

Great thread.

I didn't post the past two weeks (months?) only because I had that "bad vibe", and I couldn't shake it. So... If you can't say anything nice about the greatest college hockey program in the nation, then don't say anything at all.

Well then, now I can go. Damn, I love them Fighting Sioux.

How can a team have an off night in the frozen four, and yet still give a great team a great challenge? I mean, seriously, this is why I love the Sioux. 3-0, 6-3, 6-5... They just don't quit. Never. I'm ranting about "defense this" and "goaltending that", and they pull within one. One! And... I'm still bitching. ;)

BC is an excellent team. They earned the win. But... Them Sioux... Learning a lesson behind the woodshed and yet still scoring goals. Still compensating for mistakes. Still righting the wrongs. Still scaring the be-jesus out of the opponent. I'm so glad that this team does not think like me. That Lee can stick one in late and show the folks that no matter what, we are going to try to win. We may not win, but we sure will try.

I'm inspired.

Thank you Sioux. Thank you for that Michigan romp at home. Thank you for taking back the REA and making it your own. Thank you for skating with pride. Thank you for giving an old man a reason to quit being so negative.

This summer is my Fighting Sioux summer. Next fall, well, gawd help the opponent.

taz

It's always strange to me when the Sioux lose big games that how great the Sioux fans are. It is really a compliment to the program and to the people of this area. I too am always proud to be part of such great program. What a team. So many young kids. The coaching staff has got to be the best in the nation. It's one thing to recruit studs and blue-chippers but to mold them into a winning team, to gel them together to become one, is quite another. I sure hope all the guys stay but with the top program in the nation, I guess that's wishful thinking.

It's a great day to be a Sioux Fan!

Hello kfah1,

Terrific post! Anyone can be a fan of a team when they are champions. After years of watching struggling football and basketball teams here in New Jersey, I am a huge fan of the teams not just in the winning years. After 27 years without a bowl game, it was just such a great feeling to know we finally turned the corner,but it was also great knowing how many hard-core fans supported the program over the years.

GO FIGHTING SIOUX!

GO SCARLET KNIGHTS!

I've been unable to stick to close to things the past week.

Disappointing to lose to BC, but I'm still proud to be a Sioux fan. A great team with no quit in them. Sometimes you have your best game, and sometimes you don't. Without Smaby and Parise, this team would not have been playing in the Frozen Four.

Way to go Sioux! Thanks for a good run and WE'LL SEE YOU NEXT YEAR!

Thank you Sioux. Thank you for that Michigan romp at home. Thank you for taking back the REA and making it your own. Thank you for skating with pride. Thank you for giving an old man a reason to quit being so negative.

This summer is my Fighting Sioux summer. Next fall, well, gawd help the opponent.

taz

I like that statement. Great post dude... :) I think this team is going to do some serious damage in the WCHA. The only thing is next season we will be playing with a bullseye on our back along with the BADgers.