SiouxSports.com Forum

Early outs

GBpakrzz

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, how do you know? :lol:

Wasn't Walski in net for Fargo the year (don't recall when) his team and GF, with Ziggy in net went into about 5 OT's for the state championship? Yeah, that was high school, but the UND coach's must have seen something in him to have him here.

uhhh yeah, im sure the coaches have NO plans on another goalie to back up phil when jpar leaves. and yes i did say when.... :lol:

I don't believe that the coaches aren't looking at other goalies with plans to bring another in when Jordy leaves but I take exception to maligning a Sioux player with no 'evidence' to post.

I don't believe that the coaches aren't looking at other goalies with plans to bring another in when Jordy leaves but I take exception to maligning a Sioux player with no 'evidence' to post.

by the way, i was not even responding to your post sioux-cia, i was responding to cooradosioux's post...also i dont need evidence regarding my personal opinions..

just my gut feeling. theres nothing wrong with that. do i hope he stays, HELL FRICKEN YEAH i do but just think hes ready and has proven that just like the other players that will leave a bit early, thats all....

Wasn't Walski in net for Fargo the year (don't recall when) his team and GF, with Ziggy in net went into about 5 OT's for the state championship? Yeah, that was high school, but the UND coach's must have seen something in him to have him here.

Yes, Fargo North vs GFRR, 2001 State Championship. Walski had something like 75 saves in that one game.

by the way, i was not even responding to your post sioux-cia, i was responding to cooradosioux's post...also i dont need evidence regarding my personal opinions..

just my gut feeling. theres nothing wrong with that. do i hope he stays, HELL FRICKEN YEAH i do but just think hes ready and has proven that just like the other players that will leave a bit early, thats all....

I was responding to '...Walski is no WCHA back up.' I do think if your gonna blast someone you should back it up with 'evidence' such as examples, etc. and '..NO plans on another goalie...' I recognize 'tongue in cheek' remarks and also believe there is alot of interest in Jordy, hell of course there is. I don't want him to leave but I also believe that if opportunity knocks, go for it!

Damn, I'm getting touchy. NEED HOCKEY, NEED HOCKEY NOW!!!!

I was responding to '...Walski is no WCHA back up.' I do think if your gonna blast someone you should back it up with 'evidence' such as examples, etc. and '..NO plans on another goalie...' I recognize 'tongue in cheek' remarks and also believe there is alot of interest in Jordy, hell of course there is. I don't want him to leave but I also believe that if opportunity knocks, go for it!

Damn, I'm getting touchy. NEED HOCKEY, NEED HOCKEY NOW!!!!

:lol::lol: cant we just take a pill that lets us wake up in milwaukee on thursday moring so we can skip the next 3 days...HOCKEY,HOCKEY,HOCKEY,HOCKEY

Nice to see i can piss everyone off with one remark. While Walski may have made however many saves in that game, besides irmen and potulny, when was the last time any talent came out of ND? I'm not referring to Walski with that remark, but rather the team he was playing against and their goal scoring talent. He played a hell of a game, but I dont think he can be the guy to back up Lammy, and take over and carry the Sioux if something happened to Lammy. Maybe I am wrong.

:lol::lol: cant we just take a pill that lets us wake up in milwaukee on thursday moring so we can skip the next 3 days...HOCKEY,HOCKEY,HOCKEY,HOCKEY

I'm all for that, I swear my blood pressure has been elevated since Tuesday when I started making plans to go.

Nice to see i can piss everyone off with one remark. While Walski may have made however many saves in that game, besides irmen and potulny, when was the last time any talent came out of ND? I'm not referring to Walski with that remark, but rather the team he was playing against and their goal scoring talent. He played a hell of a game, but I dont think he can be the guy to back up Lammy, and take over and carry the Sioux if something happened to Lammy. Maybe I am wrong.

I guess you weren't around before Parise played his first game in a Sioux jersey......

Yup, you might be wrong. Can't really evaluate the guy intil we see him in goal. I'ts been a long time since we have seen him play that game in 2001...alot can change. And don't forget we had Quinn Fylling playing with us. Minot.

If you are talking about talent coming out of North Dakota, I don't know by what you mean to compare it to? The NHL? If that's the case, there's only one North Dakota born person playing in the NHL (Ryan Kraft) to my knowledge and he's a role player. To Ryan Potulny and Danny Irman? Well, I think in terms of collegiate talent, Andy Schneider and Nick Fuher are two good examples even though they are defensemen. Moreland, the goaltender for SCSU, was pretty good.

Before everyone gets in a frenzy, maybe we should wait to see exactly who goes pro and who doesn't.

There are alot of Sioux players this year that have the ability to go pro; we'll just have to wait and see after the season ends to see which ones do go pro.

tidbit on Irmen from the trib:

The Wild is continuing talks with Minnesota Gophers forward Danny Irmen, and a contract could be announced this week. With the possibility that Randy Robitaille's strained right knee could keep him out for the rest of the regular season, Irmen could make his NHL debut in a Wild sweater before the April 15 deadline.

Do it Danny. Sign. :D:lol:

It's just a matter of time. The Wild are probably just trying to avoid paying him a pro-rated NHL salary for the remainder of the year.

I'm more concerned about Kessel, Johnson and Goligoski. I really want those three to return, not that I'd mind having Irmen, but I don't think it's realistic to expect him back.

It's just a matter of time. The Wild are probably just trying to avoid paying him a pro-rated NHL salary for the remainder of the year.

I'm more concerned about Kessel, Johnson and Goligoski. I really want those three to return, not that I'd mind having Irmen, but I don't think it's realistic to expect him back.

I Honestly believe that Goligoski would be a bigger loss than Kessel. He has turned into a Leopold - Martin - like player. That would be a huge loss. Is he seriously considering leaving? Who owns his rights?

I Honestly believe that Goligoski would be a bigger loss than Kessel. He has turned into a Leopold - Martin - like player. That would be a huge loss. Is he seriously considering leaving? Who owns his rights?

A team that is in need of D-men, Pittsburgh

Kessel will huge next year....took him 1/2 the year to figure things out. Goli's not going anywhere......Johnson is the biggest concern at this time.

How about the boys in GF ?? Lot of rumours flying around about Spirko, Toews.