SiouxSports.com Forum

Early outs

GBpakrzz

If I were a player I would get tired of the prying questions that I am sure they are getting bombarded with on a regular basis. Therefore, it is possible that Finley gave you that response for effect and was pulling your chain. Did you then rush to the Devs chat to post what he told you per chance?

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 Smaby and Zajac will be playing against each other in the AHL tommorrow or the next day, the source talked to Zajac today.

:lol: If that is true(I will be in denial until it is official), thank you guys for great careers at UND. Matt you were a terrific captain, and Travis you have been one of my favorite players to don the Sioux logo. Great work ethic, very skilled, very humble, and very reliable in every part of the game. Thank you two again and hopefully you both have long NHL careers. Thanks!(still don't want to believe it.)

I feel I'm going to repeat myself (maybe a lot this season):

Official statement link?

you will have to be patient and wait :lol: im sure there are inside sources on this board that may be wrong but im sure that many are right as well...if this is true then that leaves 4 of my list of 6 left......im sure that list will dwindle as the weeks go....its just the reality of recruiting top top notch talent

you will have to be patient and wait :lol: im sure there are inside sources on this board that may be wrong but im sure that many are right as well...if this is true then that leaves 4 of my list of 6 left......im sure that list will dwindle as the weeks go....its just the reality of recruiting top top notch talent

Also, there are a few trolls out there that would love to yank Sioux fans chains just to see the response it gets. If this stuff is true it will end up in the paper anyways.

we should not be surprised to lose zajac,stafford, and smaby , in fact we should expect it, we also will probably lose parise and spirko (his departure not related to his family and money), our best hope is that

toews and oshie stay at least one more year,

as much as we dont like it,it comes with the territory,we get the top talent and with that comes the probability that they leave early,

of the ones I consider sure to depart, zajac is the only one that is ready to leave,he is an all around talent and ready to take the next step, but with the family advisers (agents) telling them they are ready to take the next step, remember they dont get paid until the player signs and THEY ARE IN IT FOR THE MONEY, they push them in the direction of sigining a professional contract,

it is similar to college basketball, in respect to leaving to early,many freshman and sophmores leave early, pushed by their own inflated opinion of themselves and the advisors they listen to,but most never amount to anything in the NBA,but the agents make there money and move on to the next group of young players,of course the money in the NBA is guaranteed and the players get theirs also,but as far as becoming an impact player most never get near that level,

I have a "source" also and from what I have heard this whole situation of leaving early and family advisors was a major distraction for the team when they were going thru a tough stretch of the season,many were distracted with that and not focusing on the team and games at hand,

it must be tough on the coaching staff,they want what is best for the players,they have always said that if a player is ready to leave they will let the player know that and not stand in their way,but when they see players that are not ready to go and the "advisers" telling them they are ready ,it must be a difficult situation,they want the players to stay for the right reason,develop more as a player and thus have a brighter future,where as the "adviser" pushes them to take the next step,not just for the money they make ,but no doubt it plays a major role in why they push them in that direction,

I am sure that the coach/adviser situation is taking place right now,for an example,take matt smaby,does anyone really believe he is at the same level as matt greene was when he left,dont get me wrong, he is a good player but he is not at the level matt greene was when he left,but in these situations the adviser and the money usually win out,

so until if and when the process ever changes,where the players and advisers(agents) can interact so closely,not just after the season but during it,expect playes to leave early,many before they are ready to g,

and again, our best hope is toews and oshie stay,with lamoureux in goal and the 4 returning freshman defensmen along with the return of bina,we will be fine on the defense of side,with toews and oshie returning it wont be a perfect situation ,but at this point it is the best we can hope for

Yeah, but I'd rather have the official statement. I deleted it because it isn't true. And the point I was trying to make isn't one that is a good one to try. So, post deleted.

Sorry to break the news, but Zajac signed earlier today and is to leave Thursday. Smaby will sign (if he hasn't already) very soon and will be playing within the week.

I don't think you guys have to worry about losing god jr. Now other players I think you will still lose a few...

what really sucks is I think this is a trend that will continue, gone are the days of watching these good college players for four years...

W

That really stinks. Man I thought we would at least get 3 years out of Zajac. That really puts a hole in the roster for next year. I hate this time of year and I hate the Devils. Looks like we will need another center maybe two once Toews bolts.