Early outs

GBpakrzz

How sweet would this be...

1. Kessel

2. Johnson

3. Toews

4. Staal

5. Okposo

Gopher Power play- Kessel, Johnson, Okposo, Irmen, and Hirsch.

Yeah, BUT WAIT, I think I've seen that 'Dream Team" before. Although I think it was a movie.

Wasn't it Michael Keaton, Christopher Lloyd and Peter Boyle. Yeah, that's the ticket.

ROTFL :D

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

YEAH............that would be damn sweet, im so glad you are already preparing for next years power play unit. whats next, you should now tell us who your C and A's will be and better yet you should list all 4 lines :D must be fun preparing for NEXT year with a weekend left of hockey ;)

2 things, kessel will not go #1 and okposo will not go #5...keep dreaming pal....and also have fun dreaming up how you guys will crap away next season as well..................OFF TO MILWAUKEE

Hmmm lets see, in the lineup we could have Johnson, Okopso and Kessel. Looks to me like the Goofs are an "E" away from having the JOKE line. Of course if Johnson were too leave just add Chucko and Hagemo into the mix for (how appropriate) the CHOKE line.

Yeah, BUT WAIT, I think I've seen that 'Dream Team" before. Although I think it was a movie.

Wasn't it Michael Keaton, Christopher Lloyd and Peter Boyle. Yeah, that's the ticket.

ROTFL :D

I had this dream the other night about some classless Sioux fan at the final five holding up tasteless signs making fun of Hirsch and his mental illness. He was wearing a flag as a cape and almost got beat up by Chucko's dad. At least I think it was a dream because I can't imagine anyone would actually be so heartless to actually make those signs and then display them.

Where were you this year CVCL? Did you switch seats or did you just not show up at all, because you definitely weren't where you normally sit. I can understand how you'd be too embarrassed to return to section 108 after one of the most despicable acts by a fan I've ever seen. I couldn't care less what you say because you've already shown what a complete jerk you are.

I had this dream the other night about some classless Sioux fan at the final five holding up tasteless signs making fun of Hirsch and his mental illness. He was wearing a flag as a cape and almost got beat up by Chucko's dad. At least I think it was a dream because I can't imagine anyone would actually be so heartless to actually make those signs and then display them.

Where were you this year CVCL? Did you switch seats or did you just not show up at all, because you definitely weren't where you normally sit. I can understand how you'd be too embarrassed to return to section 108 after one of the most despicable acts by a fan I've ever seen. I couldn't care less what you say because you've already shown what a complete jerk you are.

Nothing was meant to bring in the thought process you went with. That's on you not me.

There's plenty of emotional turmoil on that team, players and coach.

No as for our seats, we went to Bemidji, Denver, West Regional, and now Milwaukee. More than enough traveling. I'm not embarassed, you think what you want. You weren't there. I'm sure someone of your low caliber wouldn't understand anyway. A jerk I am? KMA. I'll say it again, YOU WEREN'T THERE. You don't know what was said or anything about what went on. Even if you were close to the situation you don't have a clue.

I agree with AZSioux( :D ) that it is ridiculous for Gopher fans to come over on this site and talk about lines, PP unit, PK unit...whatever. There is a much more appropiriate place called GPL. That being said I have a hard time buying "chokers" and "Crapping away" another season lines when the team has won two championships in the last five and has lost in: a regional final (thanks RWD), a frozen four semifinal, and a first round upset. I'll take that rotation every five years please, and there isn't a reasonable Sioux fan that wouldn't take it either.

Nothing was meant to bring in the thought process you went with. That's on you not me.

There's plenty of emotional turmoil on that team, players and coach.

No as for our seats, we went to Bemidji, Denver, West Regional, and now Milwaukee. More than enough traveling. I'm not embarassed, you think what you want. You weren't there. I'm sure someone of your low caliber wouldn't understand anyway. A jerk I am? KMA. I'll say it again, YOU WEREN'T THERE. You don't know what was said or anything about what went on. Even if you were close to the situation you don't have a clue.

I was there. I sit a few rows behind you every year( except this year because you convienently decided to not show up). I do know what happened.

you want to start this then OK..............in hate to bring up classless acts but since you want to then lets go..yeah, the hrisch situation was tough and it was blown out at first because the lucia pet and others would not release any info about him, if a normal person watched him go crazy and bulldoze the net your 1st take is OK THAT KID IS CRAZY.....thats not being mean at all but just a natural reaction, thats all.(if it was a sioux player then of course all you 1st class gophers fans would have left it alone) yeahhhh....then after it came out that he does have some mental issues then MOST of us backed off..personally i hope he gets his stuff together as it sounds like he will give it another shot next year at umtc......how about the fools that had the handicap bus sign for bina in the crowd...now there is total class to the fullest..big props to those guys as it took 2 scratched sioux players to get the sign....hmmmmmmmmmmm...security never saw the sign?:D or other gopher fans didnt bother to say anything..hell we could go on and on for a while and probably go back and forth but just chill out and grab a beer or 2 and enjoy the frozen 4 as your 2 favorite non-gopher teams battle it out for the national title......

I agree with AZSioux( :D ) that it is ridiculous for Gopher fans to come over on this site and talk about lines, PP unit, PK unit...whatever. There is a much more appropiriate place called GPL. That being said I have a hard time buying "chokers" and "Crapping away" another season lines when the team has won two championships in the last five and has lost in: a regional final (thanks RWD), a frozen four semifinal, and a first round upset. I'll take that rotation every five years please, and there isn't a reasonable Sioux fan that wouldn't take it either.

sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet, i will add that line to my signature :D

Irmen signed his contract with the Wild today. :D I think this will be it for early defections for the Gophers. At least I hope so.

That can't be! It totally ruins the power play "specifics" had mapped out for next season's Gopher team. :D

Irmen signed his contract with the Wild today. :D I think this will be it for early defections for the Gophers. At least I hope so.

dont worry....kessel and e johnson will sign right after the draft :D

oh, before you reply to this and give us the crap that ITS JOHNSONS DREAM TO WEAR THE MAROON AND CRAP COLORS, im just giving you shi$... :D

Depending on who drafts them, Johnson and Kessel(can you consider Johnson an Early Defection?)

I know, but I really do believe they'll both be here next year. If Johnson comes and Hagemo is healthy, the gophers defense next year will be much improved. Especially with a more mature Frazee.

Overall we only lost two good forwards in Potulny and Irmen. We gain two good ones in Hirsch and Okposo. I'm not concerned with the forwards, they'll always be skilled and will score. The gophers NEED Johnson and Hagemo on next years team.

[Hmmm lets see, in the lineup we could have Johnson, Okopso and Kessel. Looks to me like the Goofs are an "E" away from having the JOKE line. Of course if Johnson were too leave just add Chucko and Hagemo into the mix for (how appropriate) the CHOKE line. ]

:D:D:D

...I'm not concerned with the forwards, they'll always be skilled and will score. The gophers need Johnson and Hagemo on next years team...

This pretty much sums up the Gophers chances for next year. They need to have Johnson/Goligoski/Hagemo/Peltier/Vanelli in the lineup.

Congrats to Fargo's Danny Irmen. Rumor has it that the contract is very similar to RyPo's, and includes a $500K signing bonus.

I think we'll see a lot more of these early outs next week: under the NHL's new labor deal, signing bonuses next year will be much less money.

Hope, hope, hope we don't see wholesale defections from the Sioux!

From the Pioneer-Press: Word in NHL circles is that the Wild are willing to give Gophers junior Danny Irmen, left, a contract similar to the deal Minnesota teammate Ryan Potulny received the other day from the Philadelphia Flyers: a $500,000 signing bonus over two years and about $2,600 a day for the rest of the NHL season.

Under the NHL's new labor deal, if Irmen waits until next year to sign, he could receive a bonus of only $170,000 to be paid over two years. But if he were to wait until Aug. 15, 2007, he could become a free agent, with the Wild losing his rights. That's why Irmen, who didn't have a great season this year, has a big decision to make soon.

Hopefully we can hang a banner because I have a bad feeling that as soon as this weekend is over the mass exodus will begin. It's just a matter of how many. It sucks for college hockey fans but this is the way it is going to be and the new CBA is bad for college hockey.

This pretty much sums up the Gophers chances for next year. They need to have Johnson/Goligoski/Hagemo/Peltier/Vanelli in the lineup.

Exactly. Hirsch, Kessel, Wheeler, Gordon, Stoa, Okposo, Howe, Chucko, etc. The forwards are not a concern. Defense is the key to next season. I doubt there's another team in the country who will be adding two elite d-men like Johnson(hopefully) and Hagemo to their roster. That will be a HUGE help.

Overall the defense will be better next year and if Frazee steps it up, so will the goaltending. Like I said before, the gophers will always have skilled, good skating forwards who will perform well.

Hopefully we can hang a banner because I have a bad feeling that as soon as this weekend is over the mass exodus will begin. It's just a matter of how many. It sucks for college hockey fans but this is the way it is going to be and the new CBA is bad for college hockey.

Unfortunately I share your fears, HOWEVER, if our fears are unfounded we could be looking at team like the 87 Sioux or 93 Black Bears. That would be really cool.