SiouxSports.com Forum

50 tickets available for Sioux Crew members

jimdahl

I hate to be the bearer of bad news... but as reported in today's Dakota Student:

"It apears that not everyone who bought the student tickets will be going to Milwaukee. Haugen (Ashley Haugen, a Sioux Crew executive) said the athletic department learned Wenesday that two of the ticket packages sold to students had been put up for sale on eBay.

Although it was a disappointment to Sioux Crew members, the sellers did what they had to do to get the tickets, Haugen said.

'We did frown upon that, but they did stand in line,' She said. Adding, 'There are students who would do anything for those tickets.'

The sellers put the two $150 three-day ticket packages on the Web site with a starting bid of $800."

That are other students that would have loved these tickets. I really wish that this wouldn't have happened. There are better ways to make money. I guess now we can only hope that they sold them to Sioux fans...

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate to be the bearer of bad news... but as reported in today's Dakota Student:

"It apears that not everyone who bought the student tickets will be going to Milwaukee. Haugen (Ashley Haugen, a Sioux Crew executive) said the athletic department learned Wenesday that two of the ticket packages sold to students had been put up for sale on eBay.

Although it was a disappointment to Sioux Crew members, the sellers did what they had to do to get the tickets, Haugen said.

'We did frown upon that, but they did stand in line,' She said. Adding, 'There are students who would do anything for those tickets.'

The sellers put the two $150 three-day ticket packages on the Web site with a starting bid of $800."

That are other students that would have loved these tickets. I really wish that this wouldn't have happened. There are better ways to make money. I guess now we can only hope that they sold them to Sioux fans...

granted - I don't like the sounds of this - but I don't see any tickets on EBAY with a starting bid of anything even close to $800

yes I had a student PM me yesterday about his 4th row seats and how they might not get to the Championship game. Figured they would go for a high price and wanted to know how much I was willing to pay. I told him face value and to kiss my a$$...ok maybe not...but it was close. :love: I told him they probably would go for a high price but to a corporate kiss-butt that can afford it and that might not be a fan of the game. I guessed he was a Sioux Crew person and that made me mad! I'm sure there were plenty of people standing in line wanting tickets. I would love to get into that game but I'm not paying a ridiculous price for the seats AND putting my friend out who can't afford it.

I hate to break it to everyone but the bidding ended on Saturday April 1st. We all know what day April 1st is right? The reserve for these tickets was set at a value unatainable to any fan and no bid was ever placed.The tickets were immediately taken off for gettin some/ a ton of grief for this from someone. It was a semi prank/ check of the value of the tickets to see how much these things were worth, however nothing illegal or harmful was done. The 2 seats for Thursdays game will most likely be sent back to because we cannot attend because of work and would like whoever didn't get the tickets to go instead, but the championship game will be kept for hope of leaving Friday with another friend of mine who can go.to be there watch the sioux win #8. If we cant be there for the game Saturday I will sell the tickets at face to any sioux fan. I'll know by Thursday night if I am going to Milwaukee or not.Sorry for the misunderstanding everyone got here. I did however get quite a laugh out of this being on the front of the dakota student with false information. I promise there will be sioux fans sitting in these seats, and yes at face value. Thanks

End of Discussion

Go Sioux

So, the ticket drama continues. The tickets that my son was supposed to get was one of those that was put on Ebay and the Sioux Crew people told the Ebayer to bring it back so they could get it to another Sioux Crew person that was actually going to be going to Milwaukee.

So he went to pick it up at 8:30 AM and the guy refused to bring it back in, so the Sioux Crew is being nice enough to try to find my son another ticket. Silly people.. its just so frustrating!

He says he is going to make the trip to Milwaukee anyway and have fun even if he doesn't get a ticket. Maybe I will just give him mine. :love:

PATHETIC..... That's all I have to say to those students!! What a waste of space... Why don't you hit up Pracs if you need money, or get a JOB, instead of taking tickets away from people who actually want to go to the games?!? Ugh, some people's kids....

To everyone that is scrambling to get tickets: I wish you good luck, but don't whine on this board. I've had my tickets since June 2005, in anticipation of UND making it.......if they had not made it, then yes, I would be stuck with some unwanted tickets - that's the chance I took........You can't have reward without risk.......so quit whining about it on this board, get your butt off your tractor, find someone with tickets and pay up........

To everyone that is scrambling to get tickets: I wish you good luck, but don't whine on this board. I've had my tickets since June 2005, in anticipation of UND making it.......if they had not made it, then yes, I would be stuck with some unwanted tickets - that's the chance I took........You can't have reward without risk.......so quit whining about it on this board, get your butt off your tractor, find someone with tickets and pay up........

:love: Pardon us lowly po' folks that dont drive dat dere fancy BMW and cant just drop green at will. :lol:

Thank you.. I have had my tickets for some time too (we applied April 1, 2005). I am just trying to get another for a college kid that didn't know where he would be at or how much money he would have at this time of year.

Thank you for your kind concern. :love:

Why don't you find a different team :love: You would not be missed.

This guy is a bigger eh-es-es-hole than I am. And I'm pretty bad.

So, the ticket drama continues. The tickets that my son was supposed to get was one of those that was put on Ebay and the Sioux Crew people told the Ebayer to bring it back so they could get it to another Sioux Crew person that was actually going to be going to Milwaukee.

So he went to pick it up at 8:30 AM and the guy refused to bring it back in, so the Sioux Crew is being nice enough to try to find my son another ticket. Silly people.. its just so frustrating!

He says he is going to make the trip to Milwaukee anyway and have fun even if he doesn't get a ticket. Maybe I will just give him mine. :love:

Re: your son going to MKE without a ticket, I've heard several people who have been to FF's in the past say it is often easy to get a ticket outside the stadium for face value or even below day of game. Even in WI, the UND/BC game at 2pm hopefully he'd be able to get to get into.

Also did you see this put out by the BC:

http://www.bradleycenter.com/news/06ncaa/fftickets.pdf

I hope your son gets in. He has a good attitude. Also, there is still quite a bit of time, something might come to him yet. :lol:

Re: your son going to MKE without a ticket, I've heard several people who have been to FF's in the past say it is often easy to get a ticket outside the stadium for face value or even below day of game. Even in WI, the UND/BC game at 2pm hopefully he'd be able to get to get into.

Also did you see this put out by the BC:

http://www.bradleycenter.com/news/06ncaa/fftickets.pdf

I hope your son gets in. He has a good attitude. Also, there is still quite a bit of time, something might come to him yet. :love:

Hey, thanks for the link! I like Sioux fans like you. We were in Columbus last year and people were at the door almost giving tickets away. But last year was a little bit different because it was not so close to any team that was participating in it. Wisconsin has a big hockey fan base. Ohio did not, apparantly, as the building was hardly full.