SiouxSports.com Forum

50 tickets available for Sioux Crew members

jimdahl

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Show a little more respect when you post on here, especially when you are a newbie. Nobody is feeling sorry for them, most of us on here are pissed off about the people selling their tickets online to make a quick buck or 2. I'm pissed off too. I waited outside since 4pm the day before. Luckily these 2 guys didn't effect me, but the other people have a right to be mad, and deservedly so. There's better ways to make money in my opinion. That's what most people on here are saying.

This post was in direct response to the mother that is complaining about her son not getting a ticket. I want everyone on here to be fully informed of the situation before they begin making assumptions on what has happened. And no, I am not a newbie, I just posted anonymously about this subject to avoid conflict. I think it is important that the sioux fans know the whole story before they begin showing sympathy or anger towards others. Best of luck to the team this weekend, cya at the Bradley Center.

Sincerely,

A devoted sioux fan/ long time member of the sioux sports forums

ps: robbie earl = satan, Go Sioux!

I have a funny story about things that happen on Ebay.

One of my son's hockey coaches saw an old Zamboni for sale on Ebay. Just for the heck of it, he bid on it, thinking someone would surely outbid him. Well, he won the bid and had to round up a truck and trailer to go get the darn thing.. and it was quite a distance away. He did end up getting it sold again and I think he got his money out of it, but he was kinda nervous about it for awhile. And of course his wife had a lot to hold over his head for some time. :lol:

I also read this on uscho.com

I have no idea how they could track this, but I don't want to lose my priority.. or anything else for that matter. :lol:

That would definitely suck for people that did this if this is true. I wonder how they could honestly track something like that though. A lot of honest people could end up getting screwed over if people they gave their tickets to ended up sellling the seats. It seems like this is something very hard to regulate.

This post was in direct response to the mother that is complaining about her son not getting a ticket. I want everyone on here to be fully informed of the situation before they begin making assumptions on what has happened. And no, I am not a newbie, I just posted anonymously about this subject to avoid conflict. I think it is important that the sioux fans know the whole story before they begin showing sympathy or anger towards others. Best of luck to the team this weekend, cya at the Bradley Center.

Sincerely,

A devoted sioux fan/ long time member of the sioux sports forums

ps: robbie earl = satan, Go Sioux!

I was not complaining or looking for sympathy. I was only telling the saga of one Sioux Crew member's events in trying to aquire a ticket for the best seats in the house for a Sioux fan. It was UND/Sioux Crew who called him and told him to come and pick up a ticket meant for the Sioux Crew that had been put up for sale on Ebay. He works full time, he could not go spend hours in line waiting. He worked until 2AM and went to check at 5AM and was number 53. That was fine with him. He was just elated when he got that call, and equally disappointed when it did not pan out.

In my opinion, it was not a very smart move to put a ticket up for sale on Ebay without the intention of selling it.. just to see how much it "might" sell for. Isn't that against Ebay policy?

Anyway. Go enjoy the game. Sioux Hockey Fanatic is working on it.. even if they have to "storm the doors or pretend they are band members"! (SHF.. he plays the cello, do you think they could use a cello in the pep band?)

GO SIOUX!!! (I am so fired up!)

This is not an "if" issue. The problem as I see it is that people such as myself will pay what they can for these tickets even if they are above face value because we want to go to the games and have no other choice. As demonstrated by UND stiffing Al after all these years, we can't depend on getting tickets from the same source unless we manage to get on the NC$$ priority list and even then we may not get tickets. I see this as another area in which the NC$$ shows its' hypocrisy. It's no secret that the tickets are scalped regularly. Just go on line; eBay, ticket brokers, sports forums, etc. It's not hard to figure out who is scalping their tickets; just match a seat with a name. The rule is there but obviously not enforced.

http://www.ncaasports.com/icehockey/mens/story/6250048

Q: I notice that a lot of tickets are being sold on Internet sites for much more than face value. I'm a priority ticket applicant who did not receive tickets, yet there seem to be plenty of tickets available on the Internet. How is this possible?

A: Unfortunately, the tickets that you are finding on the Internet have probably been sold by other ticket applicants who received tickets. PLEASE NOTE THAT TICKETS THAT ARE BEING SOLD FOR MORE THAN FACE VALUE WILL BE INVESTIGATED. PRIORITY TICKET APPLICANTS THAT ARE AWARDED TICKETS AND ARE CAUGHT SELLING THEM FOR MORE THAN FACE VALUE WILL HAVE THEIR PRIORITY STATUS REVOKED PERMANENTLY.

I was not complaining or looking for sympathy. I was only telling the saga of one Sioux Crew member's events in trying to aquire a ticket for the best seats in the house for a Sioux fan. It was UND/Sioux Crew who called him and told him to come and pick up a ticket meant for the Sioux Crew that had been put up for sale on Ebay. He works full time, he could not go spend hours in line waiting. He worked until 2AM and went to check at 5AM and was number 53. That was fine with him. He was just elated when he got that call, and equally disappointed when it did not pan out.

In my opinion, it was not a very smart move to put a ticket up for sale on Ebay without the intention of selling it.. just to see how much it "might" sell for. Isn't that against Ebay policy?

Anyway. Go enjoy the game. Sioux Hockey Fanatic is working on it.. even if they have to "storm the doors or pretend they are band members"! (SHF.. he plays the cello, do you think they could use a cello in the pep band?)

GO SIOUX!!! (I am so fired up!)

So he has 0 tickets??

So he has 0 tickets??

Right, but his cousin Sioux Hockey Fanatic and he are bidding on some on Ebay. (But I see they don't have the bid anymore.) :lol: I think he decided he would go to Milwaukee and even if he has to watch it on TV somewhere there, it will still be a good time. And I don't think it will be too difficult to get into Session 1 if you don't mind sitting alone.

Right, but his cousin Sioux Hockey Fanatic and he are bidding on some on Ebay. (But I see they don't have the bid anymore.) :lol: I think he decided he would go to Milwaukee and even if he has to watch it on TV somewhere there, it will still be a good time. And I don't think it will be too difficult to get into Session 1 if you don't mind sitting alone.

Hmm I wish I would have known this earlier. I cant go to the games Thursday because of work so I called the Engelstad and they gave me the names and numbers of a couple people that didn't get tickets and had been calling daily for them. So I was able to get ahold of them and they said they would take them. However if they change their mind I'll let you know.

Hmm I wish I would have known this earlier. I cant go to the games Thursday because of work so I called the Engelstad and they gave me the names and numbers of a couple people that didn't get tickets and had been calling daily for them. So I was able to get ahold of them and they said they would take them. However if they change their mind I'll let you know.

Thank you. I PM'd you and left my name and number. They still don't have anything.

HEY Everyone!!! I know you were all getting concerned that we weren't going to get into the Frozen Four but Alas! I got tickets on Ebay. And I didn't have to take out a second morgage on my house or waive my rights to future inheritances to get them!!! So we are going, we will have tickets and I have an extra!

Watch out Milwaukee....here we come!!!! Let's Go Sioux!!!

HEY Everyone!!! I know you were all getting concerned that we weren't going to get into the Frozen Four but Alas! I got tickets on Ebay. And I didn't have to take out a second morgage on my house or waive my rights to future inheritances to get them!!! So we are going, we will have tickets and I have an extra!

Watch out Milwaukee....here we come!!!! Let's Go Sioux!!!

Congrats!! See you in Milwaukee!! :lol:

ok sorry but i have to post this here, this is from milwaukee's craigslist which some of you may have heard of. its a site where you can buy and sell anything..read this throughout.friken crazy:lol:

FOR SALE 1 TICKET FOR THE FROZEN FOUR (FACE VALUE)-$150

Reply to; sale-146428183@craigslist.org

Date: 2006-03-29, 4;31PM CST

This is not a joke. This is one ticket for the Men's Frozen Four. You will be sitting in the lower sections. The price of these tickets on line are absurd, over $600 a ticket. I will not be selling this ticket at this time, so please don"t ask.

I am asking for sexual favors, and in return you will be able to go to all 3 of the hockey games and sit in the lower section for face value. You have to be female, and email me with your picture. Their is no catch involved an no other necessary committment. If you are interested please email and I am sure we can work something out.

(you do not have to be a student)

Feel free to email me with any questions.

Thanks and lets go badgers.

ok sorry but i have to post this here, this is from milwaukee's craigslist which some of you may have heard of. its a site where you can buy and sell anything..read this throughout.friken crazy:lol:

This is not a joke. This is one ticket for the Men's Frozen Four. You will be sitting in the lower sections. The price of these tickets on line are absurd, over $600 a ticket. I will not be selling this ticket at this time, so please don"t ask.

I am asking for sexual favors, and in return you will be able to go to all 3 of the hockey games and sit in the lower section for face value. You have to be female, and email me with your picture. Their is no catch involved an no other necessary committment. If you are interested please email and I am sure we can work something out.

WHOA!!! This must be some ugly, smelly, hairy, crazy man (woman).... :lol:

:lol:

That's just gross. Sex with a fugly badger. :lol: