SiouxSports.com Forum

I ONLY WISH THE BEST FOR RYAN P

Driveforshow

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are going to go off of assists then panzer got the shaft. Assists are what they are. Putting the puck in the net is what the next level looks at.

I disagree, although scoring is a major asset, i think vision and having the ability to see the ice and see plays before they occur are what will get you to the next level.

If you are going to go off of assists then panzer got the shaft. Assists are what they are. Putting the puck in the net is what the next level looks at.

Ken Daneyko just had his jersey retired after a 20 year career. In those 20 years, his point total, including playoffs was: 41 159 200. Obviously, you don't have to be a goal scorer to succeed at the next level. Daneyko was a defensive defenseman.

With that being said, I really think both Carle and Potulny deserve the award. Both have had great years. Hard to compare players statistically when one is a forward and the other is a defensman. I'm sure they'd both rather be playing in the FF, which the Sioux are doing! ;)

You cannot see why we cheer against the golden ones! They will not even acknowledge us as a major rival!

When I was in School the only reason they said we were any good was because of 25 year old Canadians! Thay almost always have the playoffs in or near thier own ice. That is all I have to say.

I also go along with that philosophy. I just shake my head in disbelief at all the Sioux fans who cheered for Maine and UNH to beat the Gophers in the '02 and '03 championship games. I just don't get how you could cheer for any Hockey East team over any WCHA team... ever.

I'm pulling for North Dakota to win it all. Why not? UND has a better hockey program (in my opinion) than Wisco, and I think they are much more deserving of a national championship. I love our conference. We get the pleasure of watching some of the most storied teams in all of hockey (Minnesota, UND, Denver, Mich Tech, Wisco), the best players in college hockey (Potulny, Irmen, Oshie, Carle, Sterling, Sertich, Backes, etc.), and the best fans in college hockey. The more the WCHA wins, the better it is for our conference.

Congrats to UND on a fine regional, good luck against BC.

Oh, as for the Hobey Baker debate, I'm pulling for Ryan. He had a great finish to the year, was the nation's top goal scorer, meets all of Hobey Baker's sportsmanship qualifications, and is a great overall hockey player. I think Carle is deserving as well too, and in support of my pro-WCHA tendencies, would not mind seeing him win either (nice to see him get his first ever NHL goal at Xcel last night!). I haven't seen Collins play, so I don't know much about him... let's hope either Potulny or Carle can keep Hobey in the conference.

I'm pulling for North Dakota to win it all. Why not? UND has a better hockey program (in my opinion) than Wisco, and I think they are much more deserving of a national championship. I love our conference. We get the pleasure of watching some of the most storied teams in all of hockey (Minnesota, UND, Denver, Mich Tech, Wisco), the best players in college hockey (Potulny, Irmen, Oshie, Carle, Sterling, Sertich, Backes, etc.), and the best fans in college hockey. The more the WCHA wins, the better it is for our conference.

Congrats to UND on a fine regional, good luck against BC.

Oh, as for the Hobey Baker debate, I'm pulling for Ryan. He had a great finish to the year, was the nation's top goal scorer, meets all of Hobey Baker's sportsmanship qualifications, and is a great overall hockey player. I think Carle is deserving as well too, and in support of my pro-WCHA tendencies, would not mind seeing him win either (nice to see him get his first ever NHL goal at Xcel last night!). I haven't seen Collins play, so I don't know much about him... let's hope either Potulny or Carle can keep Hobey in the conference.

Thanks for the encouraging words!!!

I met a lot of great Gopher fans this weekend and was a Sioux fan who was disappointed not t o see the Gophers and Sioux play last night.

The best part of the whole night was when HC scored the game winner with R Potulny and Irmen on the ice. What a great way to end your college careers. Where is your jersey pop now Irmen?

If I was a sioux fan I would be praying to my God that Irmen and Potulny did not come back next year. With all that talent coming back with the talent they already have, and now even more motivation. I think Irmens jersey pop is still in the same place it was last time, on the ice, when the Gophers are beating the Sioux. Great upset for Holy Cross, the Sioux really dodged a bullet on that one.

If I was a sioux fan I would be praying to my God that Irmen and Potulny did not come back next year. With all that talent coming back with the talent they already have, and now even more motivation. I think Irmens jersey pop is still in the same place it was last time, on the ice, when the Gophers are beating the Sioux. Great upset for Holy Cross, the Sioux really dodged a bullet on that one.

The Sioux dodged a bullet? Are you kidding? ;)

It looks to me that the only ones dodging any thing are the Gophers dodging the Sioux. First they lose to St Cloud so not to face the Sioux in the Final Five and then drop one to Holy Cross so as not to risk facing the Sioux in the final game of the west regional.

The Sioux didn't need to dodge any bullet. It looks like Goldy took that bullet square between the eyes. ;)

It looks to me that the only ones dodging any thing are the Gophers dodging the Sioux. First they lose to St Cloud so not to face the Sioux in the Final Five and then drop one to Holy Cross so as not to risk facing the Sioux in the final game of the west regional.

The Sioux didn't need to dodge any bullet. It looks like Goldy took that bullet square between the eyes. ;)

i agree. the gophers were VERY lucky not to play UND with the momentum the guys have going. i am convinced Minnesota would have got creamed.

Sioux are playing great right now. That does not change the fact that Gophers beat the Sioux by a grand total of 16-11 and were 3-1 against them. The Sioux are hot at the right time, I tip my hat to them and their coaching staff for that. All I can do now is look forward to next year, with the most talented team in the nation, hopefully the Goph's will be the most motivated and focused too.

Kyle Okposo

Erik Johnson:)

Sioux are playing great right now. That does not change the fact that Gophers beat the Sioux by a grand total of 16-11 and were 3-1 against them. The Sioux are hot at the right time, I tip my hat to them and their coaching staff for that. All I can do now is look forward to next year, with the most talented team in the nation, hopefully the Goph's will be the most motivated and focused too.

Kyle Okposo

The most talented team in the nation?

Kyle Okposo

And that means what? The Sioux are going to the Frozen Four and the Gophers are not. Wanna talk stats? How about comparing Sioux Final Five stats with the Gophers for the past two years. And what happened to the Gophers last year at the FF. You can have your team. I'll put the Sioux talent up against ANY team in the country, now and next year. too.

Thanks for the tip.

The most talented team in the nation?

I believe they meant when they play against the most talented team in the nation. The Fighting Sioux who happen to be going to the Frozen Four. 'Cuz there's no way they can be referring to the Golden (smirk) Gophers who are the losers of the Final Five and the Regionals this year.

;)

I believe they meant when they play against the most talented team in the nation. The Fighting Sioux who happen to be going to the Frozen Four. 'Cuz there's no way they can be referring to the Golden (smirk) Gophers who are the losers of the Final Five and the Regionals this year.

;)

Thanks for the clarification. I read the post by specifics and was confused. ;)

Maybe you'd also like to add up the total goals all time and post the all time record between the two teams, if it makes you feel better after having seen your team's lackluster performance the last two weeks. Gutless, prideless talent for sure. BTW, the game vs. Holy Cross would seem to be important to me. Maybe your team should be told that. Gophers have been reported to be a team that only cares about the post season, well, that was it.

BTW, a fifth component, the GCP, will be added to the PWR's RPI, TUC, COP, and H2H next year. All teams that aren't spelled em-eye-en-en-eee-es-oh-tea-eh get the point automatically and retain it for the entire year, in hopes that the upset of all time doesn't happen again. GCP=Gophers Choke Point.

Obviously I can't get any sort of response with out hearing "Sioux are going to the frozen four, Gophers are not, blah blah." I know these things, Sioux are playing great right now and are a great tournement team. Gophers were not. Why do I think they'll get it done with Irmen and Potulny? Because they've won at every level. State championshi youth, HS, and Jr. What is to make me think that they'll stop at NCAA? Nothing. Adding up old stats does nothing to make me feel better about the weekend(s), I'm truly dissapointed, just stating a fact that when the Sioux and Gophers played the Gophers have outplayed them nearly every time this season. I don't think anyone would disagree? Most talented team in the nation next season- possibly, if everyone returns- most definitly. It's hard to argue with arguably three top ten picks in this years draft: Erik Johnson, Kyle Okposo, and Phil Kessel. Not to mention Blake Wheeler who was the 5th overall pick and will improve upon his not so dominant season. Hey as much as I hate the Sioux, if them winning is good for ND hockey, I'll support them all the way, until the play the Gophers and thats that.