SiouxSports.com Forum

Other Tournament Games

Siouxdonyms

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On radio or on tv? What was he saying?

On FSN. He talked about how the tapes arrived late so they opperated off of one tape and that the (don't quote me on this) Gophers would have trouble turning it around on Saturday after playing as hard as they did tonight. He then gave props to Holy Cross.

FSN just snubbed the Holy Cross Captain saying Hi to his folks and friends. Really classy :angry:

Lucia was fine. He gave HC credit and thought they played well. "It's not like shots were 60 to 20. They were in the game."

Hill was very stand-up immediately after the game. Ryry was hurting but stood in front of the TV camera.

For sagard, FHG, WPOS, and others, sorry guys. This will hurt for a long time.

For now, Go Sioux!

For sagard, FHG, WPOS, and others, sorry guys. This will hurt for a long time.

It will be a pain hearing the "Golden Chokers" and seeing the highlights year after year, but last year actually hurt a lot more. This years team had a nice run, but in the end their goaltending and defense were exposed. You simply have to be able to clamp down after taking a 3-2 lead in a game like that, and this team simply wasn't able to play that way. My first Gopher memories were from the '81 season, so I've seen plenty of tough losses. We'll be OK. :angry:

I wouldn't get toooo cocky yet people. We still have a game to play tonight too. A little cocky is okay though. :angry:

Okay. We can get pretty cocky right now. Just remember that if we lose to the same team tomorrow night though, that we will also have some crow to eat.

Now this one hurts. The reason HC felt they could beat MN? Because MN is like Mercyhurst.

From INCH's West write-up:

McGregor said that he and his teammates felt confident entering the game, fully believing they could win. He compared the Golden Gophers to Mercyhurst, a high-flying offensive club that his Crusaders toppled twice earlier this season.

Holy Cross did an excellent job at killing penalties. They blocked a lot of shots and coverred the back door. In the third, it looks like UM even changed their PP.

That had to be, by far, Holy Cross's largest "home game" crowd they've ever played in front of!

I wonder if they're ready for such a turnaround...probably close to 8,000 (?) fans wildly cheering for them and the next night those same fans are wildly cheering against them!

How many fans do you think they play in front of at their home games...maybe 1,000?