SiouxSports.com Forum

Fighting Sioux Coaches' Show

PCM

Disclaimer: This is a summary of the weekly Fighting Sioux Coaches Show. It is NOT a verbatim transcript of the show. Comments by the show's hosts and the coaches are paraphrased to the best of the author's ability and are NOT direct quotes. This summary contains selected highlights from the show and is NOT a comprehensive account of all topics covered or discussed. This broadcast summary represents the interpretation of the author and is not associated in any manner with SiouxSports.com, the University of North Dakota or U.S. College Hockey Online. This summary MAY NOT BE REPRODUCED without the written permission of the author.

From the Green Mill, Tim Hennessy and Scott Swygman are the hosts with Sioux hockey coach Dave Hakstol and players Mike Prpich and Matt Smaby.

TH: It is the NCAA West Regional hockey tournament at the Ralph with the Minnesota Golden Gophers meeting the Holy Cross Crusaders at 5:30 on Friday night and the Fighting Sioux meeting the Michigan Wolverines 45 minutes after they

Edited by PCM

this team reminds me of teams in the past when they hit the playoffs. after a goal, a lot of teams act like they've been there before and thats fine... but i want to see guys acting like they just won the national championship after every goal. that excitement has to get contagious and other players can just feel the excitement and energy.

i love see our guys smiling and really getting into it during the playoffs. it helps take some of the pressure off of being a fan.

thanks again pcm (ps, did you hear about kenny's dog tags in las vegas two weekends ago? pretty special.)

You da Man PCM. You have come a long way from your Jackrabbit days.

Speaking for many, I really appreciate these detailed recaps. There are too many reporters

these days who do not pay much attention to facts or pay any attention to detail. You do both

with style and grace.

Big bowl of ice cream for you if you hunt me down at The West.

I think I would have jumped higher than Prpich if I had been able to see Kaip score. There was no one on the team who deserved at least one goal more than Kaip did this year. He's grown a lot.

As for Kaip, I'm glad Prpich and I are in agreement. :ohmy:

Thanks PCM! Always good to read your recaps.

I really enjoyed this particular summary. Listening to Smaby and Prpich and their perspective on things, along with Coach Hakstol's comments, it just brings a smile to my face knowing that I'm rooting for a team full of class, grit and good humor.

Thanks again!

Big weekend coming up!! GO SIOUX!!!

You da Man PCM. You have come a long way from your Jackrabbit days.

Yeah. A whole 250 miles due north. :ohmy:

Big bowl of ice cream for you if you hunt me down at The West.

That's tempting, but a couple of USCHO big-shots are coming to Grand Forks to cover the West Regional and I've volunteered to help them. I don't expect to have much free time on my hands, but who knows. I'll try to look you up if it works out.

After last weekend anyone who still thinks phil "DESERVED", the ROTY award should simply be ashamed of themselves, especially the ones who call themselves SIOUX FANS, and post on this board. I know in the grand scheme of things it really doesn't matter, but Oshie was clearly a cut above the rest last weekend at the X, and has been all season long.

Honestly I think Toews has come pretty close to catching him, at least based on last weekend. Both beat defensemen numerous times on the rush. Oshie's still more physical, and I think Toews may move the puck a little better (tough to say that though). Overall it's a nice problem to have.

Honestly I think Toews has come pretty close to catching him, at least based on last weekend. Both beat defensemen numerous times on the rush. Oshie's still more physical, and I think Toews may move the puck a little better (tough to say that though). Overall it's a nice problem to have.

Yes, agreed. Toews has certainly come around, which is bad for anyone who has to play us. Look out next year, these two could be a dangerous combination if they were playing together.

Yeah. A whole 250 miles due north. :ohmy:

That's tempting, but a couple of USCHO big-shots are coming to Grand Forks to cover the West Regional and I've volunteered to help them. I don't expect to have much free time on my hands, but who knows. I'll try to look you up if it works out.

Thanks PCM. I've enjoyed reading this each and every week. Yellow and blue, SDSU!

Toews, Oshie and Duncan have taken the Sioux from a nice team that is dangerous to a team that is a serious threat to win #8 in the last six weeks. They have given the Sioux great scoring depth that they didn't have last year for much of the season.

Toews, Oshie and Duncan have taken the Sioux from a nice team that is dangerous to a team that is a serious threat to win #8 in the last six weeks. They have given the Sioux great scoring depth that they didn't have last year for much of the season.

Yeah, Duncan has quietly been making his presence felt, by quietly I mean not getting the attention as an Oshie or a Toews, but effective nonetheless.

Yes, agreed. Toews has certainly come around, which is bad for anyone who has to play us. Look out next year, these two could be a dangerous combination if they were playing together.

Or we could have have two bad a$$ lines if they're playing apart! :ohmy:

this team reminds me of teams in the past when they hit the playoffs. after a goal, a lot of teams act like they've been there before and thats fine... but i want to see guys acting like they just won the national championship after every goal.

i

Hum, gee, I can't think of a team that does that, oh yeah the Goofers.