SiouxSports.com Forum

Spring Football

SiouxMD

Who are some players that you think can step up in spring practice and prove they are going to be contributors next year?

Thomas Loegering will be a force to reckon with this coming Spring/Fall. Just like Willis Stattleman made a big contribution his senior season. Thomas is going to dominate.

The Sioux tentatively will open their season at Central Washington on Sept. 1. Only 10 games are on the schedule so far, but there have been negotiations for an 11th game.

So does that mean that they are currently talking with a school about a game? Or does it just mean that they have called people up but they have all said no?

So does that mean that they are currently talking with a school about a game? Or does it just mean that they have called people up but they have all said no?

I believe there are some negotiations going on but that is all I know at this time.

Is Manke still the starting QB going into spring ball?

God, I hope so.

Hey iramurphy, I've done a 180! You won't find me on the Belmore bandwagon going into this season. Start Manke, let Freund mop up (so he's ready for 2007), and propel Belmore to #2 holder.

I had little faith in Belmore going into last year, then he got my hopes up, only to completely dash them.

It's frustrating to watch Belmore because he has the physical ability to be an outstanding quarterback at this level and, like others have said, he's shown flashes in the past. But the meltdown at the end of last year doesn't leave me with much confidence in him.

The thing that Manke really needs to improve is his accuracy in throwing the deeper passes. He seems to have the mental makeup of a good quarterback though and could lead the team to big things if he continues to improve.

I'm pretty sure he is. And I think he'll have a big year.

Thanks for the update. I agree with you about Manke.

If you are going to the Frozen Four let me know where you are staying and I will introduce myself and buy you a beer. We could exchange stories about a certain rotund, liberal democrat, former RRHS teacher that we both know. (he is skipping the frozen four to go to the state Democratic Convention). His priorities are a bit screwed up. I bet Graham Kracker would go for him and take notes.

I did hear earlier that ZBJ was not returning for his senior year and that an all-conference lineman from SDSU was joining the team. Other than that does anyone know of other defections or incoming transfers?

ZBJ is down in North Carolina going to school right now.....at least I think thats what my friend told me. I heard from some reliable sources that he told coach Lennon not to give his number away. He'll be back.