SiouxSports.com Forum

College Hockey Jerseys

Ray77

College Hockey's Best (and Worst) Sweaters Revealed

I first must start off by saying I follow this messageboard alot, but this is my first post. I work out of the country at times and am usually gone in the middle/end of March during the WCHA Final Five and first round of the NCAA's (and will be again this year), and this messageboard is a lifesaver!

I was reading on INCH.com that they rated college sweaters throughout the country (I have a link but not sure if it will work or not as this is my first post). Here is a comment from the article on UND's jerseys:

North Dakota (17.1)

I liked what they said and agree with a lot of their opinions.

What I'd really like to see from the Sioux is to go back to the 1980's style sweater but obviously with the new logo on the front. The crossed hatchets would probably have to go but that's ok. It would be a nice, classic, uncluttered jersey. The white would be phenomenal, and the green would be sharp too, I think.

I liked what they said and agree with a lot of their opinions.

What I'd really like to see from the Sioux is to go back to the 1980's style sweater but obviously with the new logo on the front. The crossed hatchets would probably have to go but that's ok. It would be a nice, classic, uncluttered jersey. The white would be phenomenal, and the green would be sharp too, I think.

Rather than crossed hatchets, they could be crossed hockey sticks! As a Chicago native, I, of course, am biased but I too love the old logo.

Not when Prairie Rose (aka Pink) is an official school color.

I know what the school colors are. But why just the women relegated to wearing pink?? How come the men don't have a pink stripe on their sweater? ;)

I'm teasing you by the way.

I vote no for any pink for anybody. Pink is evil.

I know what the school colors are. But why just the women relegated to wearing pink?? How come the men don't have a pink stripe on their sweater? ;)

I'm teasing you by the way.

I vote no for any pink for anybody. Pink is evil.

Could you imagine what Smaby or Prpich would be like if either of them were more in touch with their feminine side? :lol:

I think that's as good a reason as any to not have pink on the men's jerseys.

I know you are teasing me. :)

And let's cut the crap here. Prairie Rose IS pink. The attempt by the University to hide that fact is just disgusting.

Could you imagine what Smaby or Prpich would be like if either of them were more in touch with their feminine side? :lol:

I think that's as good a reason as any to not have pink on the men's jerseys.

I know you are teasing me. :)

And let's cut the crap here. Prairie Rose IS pink. The attempt by the University to hide that fact is just disgusting.

Prp is CanadiEn. The CanadiEn men I know dont have much for their feminine side. ;) My own CanadiEn would look at me really weird if I suggested he put a pink stripe on his sweater. He also asked why Pink was a school color but he didn't ask why they don't use it on uni's.

Just so they stand out from each other. The women's team is constantly in the men's shadow. Which they are, but at least they could have their own look.

No. Both men and women athletes are University of North Dakota Fighting Sioux! Using your rational, the men's BB team is constantly in the women's shadow. I believe having different uniforms may label one team successful and the other less than that. Just my opinion. :)

I'd like to see our men and women have different uni's from each other.

How about something like this...

FlameJersey.jpg

I would love to see something like this as an alternate jersey. If nothing else it is another jersey for them to sell that all of us would spend money on.

How about something like this...

FlameJersey.jpg

I would love to see something like this as an alternate jersey. If nothing else it is another jersey for them to sell that all of us would spend money on.

Never cared for that symbol.

No. Both men and women athletes are University of North Dakota Fighting Sioux! Using your rational, the men's BB team is constantly in the women's shadow. I believe having different uniforms may label one team successful and the other less than that. Just my opinion. :)

Isn't that true? When I think of Sioux basketball, I think of Sioux Women's Basketball. Perhaps it's because I went to school there when they brought home 3 national titles.