SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux / Mavericks

siNoDux

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

we moved up to 8th after the L yesterday, and drop to 13 after the win?

That hasn't counted UND's win tonight yet...

Our record is 24-15-1 and the PWR has it listed as 23-15-1, so... not up to date yet...

Random thoughts including some predictable stuff:

1. Why do the TV announcers (Bredahl) give guests gift certificates to the Italian Moon? Is it really that hard to get an intermission guest? It just seems lame.

2. We HAVE HAVE HAVE to stop setting up our powerplays with 3 forwards behind the red line. How do you score a goal from behind the red line? It just doesn't happen.

3. Ate at Peppers tonight and sat in front of a guy who basically all but said that Smaby is the only defenseman we have that's any good. Brian Lee and Zach Jones especially sucks, I guess. :lol: I told him we were young and we'll get better. I didn't think telling him that Lee is 2nd in the WCHA among freshmen defensemen in points. :sigh:

4. We HAVE HAVE HAVE HAVE (x10) to be more disciplined. Yeah, say what you want about Shepherd suddenly deciding to start calling penalties in the second, but they were penalties. I wish he called them both ways, but I can't say they were truly bad calls. Anyone know what Finley got called for? The cameras did not catch it. Oh, and someday Jordan Parise's chippiness is going to get him into trouble. I saw 3 noncalls that could have put us down a man that was related to Jordan's "stick work."

5. Say what you will about Prpich and Co., but I think Mankato has the better of the agitating crew. They really got under our skin in both games. Especially David "Blahblahblah" Backes. That guy blabs to the ref more than ANY other Captain I've seen in quite some time. Nevertheless, I still think he's a rather good hockey player. Rankin on the other hand.... :D

6. Really liked how every line had scoring chances tonight. I don't understand how Oshie's first goal went in. I saw the replays of it but... did it go off of Cumming's skate? The head of that sliding Mav?