SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux/Mavs ...

siNoDux

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And hopefully Stafford can come back and play. :lol:

Sweeny talked to him before the third period in the press box, where he was sitting with Fabian, and Stafford said he took a shot on the knee late in the first period. Have no idea if shot meant the puck, or a check.

And, since no one else wants to complain on a message board, I will. Missed calls:

Goal 1, Mavs: offside

Goal 2, Mavs: icing

Goal 3, Mavs: elbow interference to Prpich's head at center ice freeing up Rankin

Goal 2, Sioux: Watkins tip may have been a high stick, very close, wasn't reviewed.

Oshie, coming from behind the net for a good scoring chance, dragged down from behind by a stick, no call.

Radke, going to the net, receiving the pass, dragged down from behind by a stick, no call.

Prpich's two hander to a Mav after the GWG, no call.

The Mav's were playing very well to close out the season and had a week off to get ready. I wouldn't get too down on the Sioux, they have responded well to adversity a few times already this season. Let's drop the puck tonight and get this series evened up. Having a game three at home will be the difference.

GO SIOUX!!!!!

The Sioux have come back from this situation before, but I'm not sure if they were down 2 of their regular 4 upperclassman forwards when they did it. I'm assuming Stafford won't be able to go tonite. The road is uphill but hopefully the will be ready tonite.

Also interesting to see SCSU and UMD put the state of Colorado on the ropes as well. One can assume at this point there's a pretty good chance a top 5 team will be left out of the Final Five. Let's hope it's not our boys.

On the radio it sounded like Zajac had a very good game. Hopefully he will have a good game again tonite.

Did Prpich end up with any penalties at the end? I appreciate his importance and what he brings but a DQ at that point was not in the team's best interest, basically it was stupid.

There were no penalties called on the play. :lol:

Sweeny talked to him before the third period in the press box, where he was sitting with Fabian, and Stafford said he took a shot on the knee late in the first period. Have no idea if shot meant the puck, or a check.

Add this to your list of "no calls." The hit on Stafford occurs at about 8:08 of the first period. Jon Kalinski (37) sticks his knee out and nails Stafford just above the knee. It happens right in front of the penalty boxes where Sweeny quoted Stafford as saying it occurred.

Add this to your list of "no calls." The hit on Stafford occurs at about 8:08 of the first period. Jon Kalinski (37) sticks his knee out and nails Stafford just above the knee. It happens right in front of the penalty boxes where Sweeny quoted Stafford as saying it occurred.

damn that sucks about stafford! hope we come out tonight and kick some major land cow azz...i lke how we jumped from a 9 seed to a 8 seed though with a loss :lol:

well, did we solidify mankato as a TUC with their win...if so then great strategy by hak and the boys, we have them right where we want them :D:D

jutting looked like gwoz at the end of the game regarding prpich...can anything still come from that with review or is it over now?

It was a very rough game. I don't think I've seen so many big hits. The players were skating half way across the rink to hit each other.

I enjoy how Jutting freaks out on the refs after the game. Anyone want to bet that the Mavs get the calls tonight? I think it's time for Hakstol to lose it on the refs. It works for every other coach against us.

The word last night was that Stafford has a sprained MCL. I'm not sure how they can know that without testing, so that injury may change. I really doubt we'll see him tonight, but I'm not a doctor.

I enjoy how Jutting freaks out on the refs after the game. Anyone want to bet that the Mavs get the calls tonight? I think it's time for Hakstol to lose it on the refs. It works for every other coach against us.

I can't stand Jutting and his tantrum at the end of the game was unbecoming. Mankato is as dirty as any team, so I don't think he has standing to flip-out about Prpich slashing a guy after he was picked on the GWG in overtime. However, if our guys had put 1/10 of the emotion into their game as Jutting did into his outburst, they probably would have won the game.

Mankota are a bunch of punks. If they Sioux didn't have a lot riding on this series. I would hope the boys would come out and destroy the cheap cocky bastards. Well on another note I hope they gice Lammy a try . Parise another weak goal again. Well hopefully the Sioux can pull something out tonight. 6-1 is the score I am going with.

I suppose Stafford will doing treatment today trying to loosen up his knee.

I hate these dirty legs checks and you always see teams like SCSU and MSU-M doing this kind of crap.

Denver has been famous for these too.

I'm hoping they'll show a little more hustle and emotion tonight. There were alot of bad/non-calls, but the Sioux were getting second place in a two man race all night and you don't win many games getting to the puck last. And the passing was pathetic - I lost count on how many times they turned the puck over in their own end. I'm pretty sure we'll see a different team tonight.

And I don't share the "let's give Lammy a try" sentiment. If it were not for Parise, they would have lost 10-2.

Then hopefully this is just a deep thigh bruise. Stafford was skating in the second period to open up the period then went to the bench and locker room.

I'm hoping they'll show a little more hustle and emotion tonight. There were alot of bad/non-calls, but the Sioux were getting second place in a two man race all night and you don't win many games getting to the puck last. And the passing was pathetic - I lost count on how many times they turned the puck over in their own end. I'm pretty sure we'll see a different team tonight.

And I don't share the "let's give Lammy a try" sentiment. If it were not for Parise, they would have lost 10-2.

I agree. Parise only really let in one weak goal and, if the officials had been on their game, it would have been Mankato's only goal. Goal 2 was icing. Goal 3 never would have happened as the Sioux would have won at least 2-1 (assuming we don't get an empty netter).

Folks, as to the state of officiating, I'll be quite honest, there were a TON of missed calls and many of them would have gone against us. Shepherd is a dork, but he's somewhat predictable. This is the playoffs and traditionally officials have let a lot of things slide during these games. I know Mankato comes across as a dirty team, but they are no dirty than any other team in the league.

And Jutting knows what he's doing. He watched how Gwoz's tantrum affected Anderson. The fact that Hak doesn't stoop to that level gives him class but it does put us at somewhat of a disadvantage because, unfortunately, the officials are incompetants.

I know the game coiuld have been worse because I was there. But he has let a lot of weak ass goals in all year that could have changed the outcome of the game. Lammy has to get some ice time. Well when this string of goalies are done I hope they get some with size to them. Get some foreign guy or something. Not saying Parise, Lammy and the rest aren't any good. Just think we need a goalie with some size

Parise let in two soft goals. PERIOD.

The second one was soft and for sure the last one was soft, and though the Parise apologists don't see it that way, I'm glad there are some here who did and the Coach noted that on the OT goal "Jordan missed it".

Toby Kvaalevag would have made that save. Just noting that an avg goalie could have got the job done.

I can't believe this is a "refs fault" game, but when you don't want to blame the team for less than stellar play, I guess you have to look to blame someone else.

Parise let in two soft goals. PERIOD.

The second one was soft and for sure the last one was soft, and though the Parise apologists don't see it that way, I'm glad there are some here who did and the Coach noted that on the OT goal "Jordan missed it".

Toby Kvaalevag would have made that save. Just noting that an avg goalie could have got the job done.

I can't believe this is a "refs fault" game, but when you don't want to blame the team for less than stellar play, I guess you have to look to blame someone else.

You're right about a couple of soft goals. But how many times was he hung out to dry and was then forced to make incredible saves to take this one to overtime. He didn't get any support. As I said in my earlier post, you aren't winning many games the way they played last night. I found myself asking which team had all the draft picks?:lol: