SiouxSports.com Forum

PWR after Thursday night...

UNDLAW

It seems that with the New Hampshire v. BC tie and the DU win v. CC, DU has climbed into a "natural" 11 in the PWR with UND at 13 in the PWR with DU at 9 and UND at 10 with a .003-.002-.001 bonus in the same PWR.

EEEK...

Looks like this UND v. Tech (and the playoff series after) is shaping up just as the USCHO experts predicted. Guess that is why they make the big bucks doing something that the rest of us do for free on a daily basis.

:blink:

It seems that with the New Hampshire v. BC tie and the DU win v. CC, DU has climbed into a "natural" 11 in the PWR with UND at 13 in the PWR with DU at 9 and UND at 10 with a .003-.002-.001 bonus in the same PWR.

EEEK...

Looks like this UND v. Tech (and the playoff series after) is shaping up just as the USCHO experts predicted. Guess that is why they make the big bucks doing something that the rest of us do for free on a daily basis.

:whistling:

If UND doesn't fall flat on their face they are pretty much going to be in. In my opinion. However, they can't lose to SCSU in the playoffs. Actually if DU beat C.C. again and UND sweeps we could be sitting in 4th with a date with the Dirty Mavericks.

Would we rather be the 5th seed and host scsu or be the 4th seed and host msu? It seems that if we play the mavs we are in a lose lose situation. Lose and we move down in the pwr. Win, then msu is no longer a tuc and we move down in the pwr.

I don't care, we will beat both teams if we play our game and take care of the puck in our end. Neither team has the talent or the players we have. SCSU in my opinion has one line and a goaltender. SCSU I think has peaked. MSU-M is about the same without having as good of a goaltender. I watched MSU-M play against DU and they weren't very impressive, I think we are just as good or not better than Denver.

I don't care, we will beat both teams if we play our game and take care of the puck in our end. Neither team has the talent or the players we have. SCSU in my opinion has one line and a goaltender. SCSU I think has peaked. MSU-M is about the same without having as good of a goaltender. I watched MSU-M play against DU and they weren't very impressive, I think we are just as good or not better than Denver.

You guys should care a lot. Playing MSU and sweeping them probably drops them from a TUC status. The Sioux also won't get as large of an RPI bump by beating them and they truthfully seem more dangerous than SCSU right now.

You guys should care a lot. Playing MSU and sweeping them probably drops them from a TUC status. The Sioux also won't get as large of an RPI bump by beating them and they truthfully seem more dangerous than SCSU right now.

So you're saying that we want to face SCSU because even if MSUM goes on to lose to CC it will still help us?

I'm not so sure if either situation helps the Sioux. Any way MSUM loses is bad for the Sioux, unless I'm mistaken.

So you're saying that we want to face SCSU because even if MSUM goes on to lose to CC it will still help us?

I'm not so sure if either situation helps the Sioux. Any way MSUM loses is bad for the Sioux, unless I'm mistaken.

I am saying if we play them in the home series next weekend I don't want us to lose to them. Also, MSU-M can't lose this weekend because they are not playing this weekend.

There are several reasons that playing St. Cloud is preferable.

1) It would allow us to tie the head-to-head and flip the individual comparison with them.

2) Their better record would help our RPI more

3) They are definitely a TUC, so our TUC record would increase.

4) It appears that right now they are not playing as well as Mankato.

Mankato is barely a TUC with the bonus. They have a better chance of staying a TUC if they are swept by CC than if they were swept by UND. If UND ends up playing Mankato, they would likely be in the position where winning the series in three might be preferable to a sweep. Although the relative gain in TUC record could be wiped out by the RPI hit.

That is why it's better to play St. Cloud than Mankato.

1) It would allow us to tie the head-to-head and flip the individual comparison with them.

Mankato is barely a TUC with the bonus. They have a better chance of staying a TUC if they are swept by CC than if they were swept by UND. If UND ends up playing Mankato, they would likely be in the position where winning the series in three might be preferable to a sweep. Although the relative gain in TUC record could be wiped out by the RPI hit.

I agree - plus the only two games I saw at the Ralph this year were the the two with St. Cloud. It would be very nice to get even on our ice.

Let the chips fall where they may. The ONLY game UND should be worrying about tonite is the one against Michigan Tech. Tomorrow, the only game to worry about is against Michigan Tech.

Beat Tech, beat the first-round WCHA opponent, beat Minnesota in the Final Five semi-finals, and advance to the championship game, then win the Final Five championship. No more worries about PRI.

Let the chips fall where they may. The ONLY game UND should be worrying about tonite is the one against Michigan Tech. Tomorrow, the only game to worry about is against Michigan Tech.

Beat Tech, beat the first-round WCHA opponent, beat Minnesota in the Final Five semi-finals, and advance to the championship game, then win the Final Five championship. No more worries about PRI.

Amen to that scenario brother! :whistling:

i could be wrong... but i thought a team can't drop in it's pwr by beating a weaker opponent in a conference tournament. it was one of those things added after a couple teams several years ago would have potentially dropped out of the NCAA tourney by sweeping their home series of the playoffs.

so even if UND plays mankato, i don't think it matters if the drop out as a tuc, because UND can't drop anyway.

i could be wrong... but i thought a team can't drop in it's pwr by beating a weaker opponent in a conference tournament. it was one of those things added after a couple teams several years ago would have potentially dropped out of the NCAA tourney by sweeping their home series of the playoffs.

so even if UND plays mankato, i don't think it matters if the drop out as a tuc, because UND can't drop anyway.

A teams RPI can not drop, but if there opponent is no longer a TUC after the series their PWR standing can fall.

This is very true, lets worry about next weekend and hopefully the players don't forget about this weekend.

If we sweep and SCSU loses one game we are at home. If we sweep and DU sweeps C.C. we end up ahead of C.C. I could care less who we play.