SiouxSports.com Forum

Things you would like to see

dakotadan

Family of Four can eat at my Place for That...?

The owner of Capones unfortunately has had at least one other enterprise fail. Sounds like a fun place but the prices even for someone who may make a bit of money don't sound reasonable. We mid-westerners are a frugal bunch.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i would like to see grand forks embrace the new medical plaza that is being built on the south end of washington. Another Hospital is and increasing need, many go to fargo because they are unhappy with the monopoly of Altru.

Stadter Center grows

Tredwell dismissed rumors that the Stadter Center was building a new hospital or a cancer center to compete with Altru Hospital in a vacant lot next to the existing hospital though a detailed development plan of the expansion project shows the center plans to continue expanding.

A construction project, labeled "future expansion" also includes a 35-space addition to the existing parking lot.

Tredwell refused to comment on it.

"That's nothing that we're talking about now," she said. "All we're talking about now are the (three) big construction projects ongoing."

When asked if the company is planning to open another hospital in town, Tredwell said, "We've heard a lot of rumors, all of them are interesting, but not necessarily true."

• 2 months later...

At risk of repeating myself,

I'd like to see the city transition away from a primarily service based economy to a more intellectual property and manufacturing based economy.

Do that and all of the other things mentioned will come because of the money in the local economy.

At risk of repeating myself,

Do that and all of the other things mentioned will come because of the money in the local economy.

At the risk of not repeating myself , :sad:

The country is moving away from a manufacturing economy. In 1960 Anglo America, 28% of the labor forced engaged in manufacturing generating nearly one-third of the region's wealth. By 2001, manufacturing employment had dropped to about 16% of a much larger labor force and manufacturing contributed less than a fifth of the GDP.

Manufacturing employment is falling (you can ask Ford about it). Those service based economies (like in GF) are here to stay.

Manufacturing employment is falling (you can ask Ford about it). Those service based economies (like in GF) are here to stay.

I'll grant you that unskilled manufacturing is moving to cheap countries, but an intellectual property based economy with associate higher-skill and technology manufacturing (e.g. bio-tech) is still possible here.

Not sure about the rumors, but the VD was indeed selling Red Pepper food. Maybe as a test market?

I know that the Pepper is going to open in that location previously stated because that's what the permit in the windows says. ???

It's open now, AND it has a drive-up window..... Exciting!!

Haven't seen this posted yet so here it goes. I would like to see Red River Deli open back up!!! I'm just posting in hopes that the owners are ss.com regulars and feel my pain...man I miss you!!! If nothing else take down your sign because everytime I drive down Demers and see it I get a horrible craving. Also a new movie theatre is greatly needed, mainly something with stadium seating.