SiouxSports.com Forum

Kessel in Madison

WiSioux

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Joe Buck was right. That was a disgusting act.

I personally have never had a problem with any kind of celebrations. I especially enjoy TO's celebrations, but what Moss did was in very poor taste.

I'll let you guys in on a little secret...

I used to be a massive Raider geek until they traded for Randy Moss. Now I hate them. I will never watch another Raider game again.

DaveK,

Having watched that game myself, I remember being in complete agreement with you the moment I saw it. You and I come from a different generation of sports fans, one where Kirk Gibson pumping his fist after hitting a home run off of Dennis Eckersley in the World Series or Magic Johnson hugging Kareem after winning the NBA title was a celebratory act. I think the biggest difference in sports between today and 20-30 years ago is that today, the athlete, not the team, is celebrated. I, like you, miss the days of Barry Sanders simply handing the ball to the official after scoring a touchdown, but, alas, those days are gone.

One could argue that the Super Bowl Rams of a few years ago went to the extreme with celebrations, but going even further back, the 1980's also gave us "The Fun Bunch" of the Washington Redskins receivers and Billy "White Shoes" Johnson's ridiculous dancing celebrations, not to mention the stupid Ickey Shuffle.

Given some of the foul-mouthed trash talk that goes on between players from the bench and fans, I don't think Randy's act was a big deal. Everyone knows the Packer fans' tradition of mooning the visiting team bus as it rolls away from Lambeau. At least he didn't pull a cell phone out of the padding and pretend to make a call...

Joe Buck was right. That was a disgusting act.

I personally have never had a problem with any kind of celebrations. I especially enjoy TO's celebrations, but what Moss did was in very poor taste.

I'll let you guys in on a little secret...

I used to be a massive Raider geek until they traded for Randy Moss. Now I hate them. I will never watch another Raider game again.

he FAKE mooned the crowd as a joke because when the vikings play in green bay the fans REALLY moon the vikes and others team bus. oh well......................

i think we have already been down this road in other threads so i will stop right here...

GO SIOUX

he FAKE mooned the crowd as a joke because when the vikings play in green bay the fans REALLY moon the vikes and others team bus. oh well......................

i think we have already been down this road in other threads so i will stop right here...

GO SIOUX

I've already told my broomball team (made up mainly of Gopher fans) that the first goal I score tonite, I'm going to run by our opponents' bench with my hand cupped over my ear. Maybe for the second goal I score, I'll do the fake moon. If I get the hat trick, I'm going to take my stick and spank the goalie while yelling "who's your daddy?". If it starts a fight or I get a midconduct penalty, I'll just tell the ref that I was being spontaneous and it was 'heat-of-the-moment.'

I was listening to KFAN yesterday on my drive home, and Chad was talking about Olowakandi's one bucket for the Celtics at the Target Center. One of the guys asked, "Did he pull a Kessel?"

So it's worked its way into sports slang.

I realize that, but when the Packer fans moon the Vikings bus it isn't being broadcast on live television. I don't recall ever covering that topic on this board, but I don't want to get into a big debate either. For what it's worth, I hated Randy Moss long before that incident ever happened.

i dont believe you were invloved in the randy topic, it was others...and if you hated randy before then of course you will hate anything he does....at least randy does not hide a sharpie in his sock, or hide a cell phone or pass out gifts from a santa bag to fans....although those acts are funny as hell...no harm, no foul

I realize that, but when the Packer fans moon the Vikings bus it isn't being broadcast on live television. I don't recall ever covering that topic on this board, but I don't want to get into a big debate either. For what it's worth, I hated Randy Moss long before that incident ever happened.

Call it moral decay or whatever you want, it is what it is. Anybody older than 50 says Pete Rose got what he deserved, too. Anybody younger than that says "yea, I know he bet on baseball, but so what?".

If Irmen or Kessel want to pop off after a win or what looks to be a win, fine. Honestly, I have a bigger issue with a guy like Chorney doing a rebuttal stunt with his team down two goals with two minutes left in the game. Besides, it makes for good mockery and both Irmen's stunt and Kessel's will be remembered. A guy wearing a Gopher Hockey hat was sitting behind me at the afore-mentioned Red Wings/Wild game the other night. I stood up (with my four year old son no less) and cheered after each Detroit goal and after each one, he would yell "sit down!" or "Wings suck!". When it was 4-0, I'd had enough and I turned around, looked him right in the eye, and said "Hey Gopher fan...who am I?" while putting my cupped hand to my ear. I didn't hear a peep out of him the rest of the game.

I've already told my broomball team (made up mainly of Gopher fans) that the first goal I score tonite, I'm going to run by our opponents' bench with my hand cupped over my ear. Maybe for the second goal I score, I'll do the fake moon. If I get the hat trick, I'm going to take my stick and spank the goalie while yelling "who's your daddy?". If it starts a fight or I get a midconduct penalty, I'll just tell the ref that I was being spontaneous and it was 'heat-of-the-moment.'

Soooo, no worries about excess celebrations tonight. ;):p

I was listening to KFAN yesterday on my drive home, and Chad was talking about Olowakandi's one bucket for the Celtics at the Target Center. One of the guys asked, "Did he pull a Kessel?"

So it's worked its way into sports slang.

He kesselled the crowd! He pulled a kessel. He went kessel on 'em. He gave him the ol' kessel. Give 'em some kessel! I'm working on my kessel.

Sorry, I didn't kessel that.....

I enjoyed the sharpie and the santa bag. All in good fun. The difference between the fake moon and all of the other celebrations is that the fake moon is a simulation of what most people would consider to be a rude and vile act, or in poor taste at the very least. But, you're right, I am going to hate almost anything he does. If another player did it would have still bothered me, but not as much. But, it's really a moot point. That incident isn't even near the top of my long list of reasons to hate Randy Moss.

The sharpie would have been funny if TO had promptly given the football to a kid. Giving it to Drew Rosenhaus? Cmon...class act from a class clown, but with TO, nothing shocks me any more. He's the epitomy of what's wrong with today's athlete. Frankly, it would be fun watching two of the biggest "ME ME ME" guys in the game (Moss being the other) line up for the same team.

Lucia's dumb excuse for this stupidity is that the crowds are hard on these guys. Oh please, how lame is that. All that I have to say is get used to it boys, it's only going to get worse when you go on to the next level. If you can't take some ribbing from big rival fans, then the problem is with yourself. The bottom line is that Irmen and Kessel are a couple of classless little punks, and their coach blames their behavior on everyone else. The Don has the nerve to say stuff like "every time there is a fight, NoDak is involved". How about this, evertime there is a classless, look at me, idiotic showboating, individual celebration, a gopher player is involved.

Get off your high horse you idiot. Kessel and Irmen are the opposite of classless. Irmen was getting spit on in the penalty box in Grand Forks and he's the one with no class? Kessel got booed badly EVERY time he touched the puck so he gave it back to the fans when he scored. The fans at the Kohl Center deserved exactly what they got. And Lucia wasn't pleased with Kessel's gesture, but he defended it because he understood exactly why Kessel did it, and you'd understand too if you would've heard how loudly he was booed every time he touched the puck. At the time it was clever and humorous and certainly not classless.

Hi Bucky sucks, hows it going. Actually your one move wonder was only copying the pathetic display by the Russian players at last years WJC, so cupping your hand to your ear should be called the Ovechkin or Malkin. You are all giving the little fella too much credit regarding creativity and besides Ovechkin has a couple of more moves than he does. Notwithstanding both tried their moves out on Canadian D-men and both wound up on their butts. :p

Hi Bucky sucks, hows it going. Actually your one move wonder was only copying the pathetic display by the Russian players at last years WJC, so cupping your hand to your ear should be called the Ovechkin or Malkin. You are all giving the little fella too much credit regarding creativity and besides Ovechkin has a couple of more moves than he does. Notwithstanding both tried their moves out on Canadian D-men and both wound up on their butts. :p

Of course Ovechkin has been victimizing Canadian defensemen on a regular basis this year, so I'm going to give him a pass. ;)

Kessel earns his pass next year at the WJC.

Of course Ovechkin has been victimizing Canadian defensemen on a regular basis this year, so I'm going to give him a pass. ;)

Kessel earns his pass next year at the WJC.

Ovechkin doesn't get to play against too many blue chip Canadian D-men in the Eastern conference which could help explain his success but I did recently see him leave a certain Devils D-man, Martin I do believe, looking for his equipment. ;)

Get off your high horse you idiot. Kessel and Irmen are the opposite of classless. Irmen was getting spit on in the penalty box in Grand Forks and he's the one with no class? Kessel got booed badly EVERY time he touched the puck so he gave it back to the fans when he scored. The fans at the Kohl Center deserved exactly what they got. And Lucia wasn't pleased with Kessel's gesture, but he defended it because he understood exactly why Kessel did it, and you'd understand too if you would've heard how loudly he was booed every time he touched the puck. At the time it was clever and humorous and certainly not classless.

Why don't you stay on goopher puke live if you don't like us hammering on your prescious little cupcakes. I hope they keep it up. I can't wait to see what happens to them at the next level, believe me those guys in the NHL are chomping at the bit for phil to make his debut. They'll give him a welcome worthy of a press conference and all of the taunting, and other little antics. It's too bad that poor little phil's ego was bruised so bad by those fans in wisco that he had to stoop to their level. As for calling me an idiot, I'm not the goopher fan on a SIOUX message board defending a twinkie like kessel or irmen, I think you have achieved the status of a tool faster than slappy. I never thought that would be possible.

..............only in you're feeble little mind there slap. You know, and so does everyone else, I've lit you up more times than that crack pipe you must be smoking. :p

I bet your daddy is bigger than my daddy too. I should be careful though because if I get to rough with you you'll take your ball and go home. ;)

I bet your daddy is bigger than my daddy too. I should be careful though because if I get to rough with you you'll take your ball and go home. ;)

[/quote

Hey now, there slapknutz, you know there ain't a snowballs chance in hell of me going anywhere, so you can quit dreaming about it. Besides that cuts into your time dreaming about phil. ;)

Irmen was getting spit on in the penalty box in Grand Forks and he's the one with no class?

In all the conversation I've read and heard about Irmen's jersey pop, not once did I read anything about him being spit at while in the penalty box. Where did you get that information?

In all the conversation I've read and heard about Irmen's jersey pop, not once did I read anything about him being spit at while in the penalty box. Where did you get that information?

Probably from the same person who saw Zajac slash Goligoski's hand during the Final Five last year. :p

Ovechkin doesn't get to play against too many blue chip Canadian D-men in the Eastern conference which could help explain his success but I did recently see him leave a certain Devils D-man, Martin I do believe, looking for his equipment. ;)

So, are you saying that the blueliners for the Candian Junior Team are better than those playing in the NHL? I'm confused...

Oh, and that "one-move wonder" getting knocked on his tail joke is getting rather old... just admit it, you guys have HUGE KESSEL ENVY! :p

Probably from the same person who saw Zajac slash Goligoski's hand during the Final Five last year. :p

Yup, because there's no possible way a Sioux player would ever slash another player, hit from behind, tug their jersey, slap their stick against the glass, purposely shoot a puck into the crowd...

;)

So, are you saying that the blueliners for the Candian Junior Team are better than those playing in the NHL? I'm confused...

Oh, and that "one-move wonder" getting knocked on his tail joke is getting rather old... just admit it, you guys have HUGE KESSEL ENVY! :p

Sorry you are confused. ;) Perhaps I should have kept it a little simplier for you UMN types. Simply put, his one move only works against pylons and non contact D-men. I detect the good old anti-Canadian sentiment creeping into some of the Skippy Posts. Did Don Lucifer sell your souls in not keeping Minnesota hockey pure. ;)

I don't think I've heard that one. How does it go?