SiouxSports.com Forum

Rob Bollinger to Bemidji?

UND92,96

We have a lot of Issues Facing UND right now.....Many of them are causing a 50/50 split ....

Div 1 vs Div 2.... Keep Logo vs Move On....New Facilities vs What to do with Old...

On all these issues and More...No Matter how they fall on what side.....

Rob is the Only guy I know that could bring the other 50% back to support it.....

This would be a huge loss for UND... and A Great Steal for Bemidji

I agree...it's strange news...this is totally speculation but perhaps he was a little unhappy he didn't get the AD job and wasn't on the same page with Buning when he moved to the Athletic office? I'm just at a loss to find possible reasons why a UND guy like Rob wants to bail out...

I agree...it's strange news...this is totally speculation but perhaps he was a little unhappy he didn't get the AD job and wasn't on the same page with Buning when he moved to the Athletic office? I'm just at a loss to find possible reasons why a UND guy like Rob wants to bail out...

I dont think its too hard to connect the dots on this one. If UND loses Rob, IMO, it would be the WORST thing that could happen to UND!!!!

Kup and Phil should move to give him the AD job ASAP, keep him here, keep him happy!!!!!

Asking to go to Bemidji to a lesser title should tell you what is going on!!!

The outsider strikes AGAIN!!!

Head of the BSU Foundation is a "lesser title"? Uh, no. That's the same title Tim O'Keefe has at UND. That's a step up from an AAD position or his past development officer position at UND Alumni (even if it is at Bemidji).

I have found out that they (BSU) approached Rob, and asked him to apply.....

That again tells you what kind of Man and Job he has done...When Institutions start approaching you , you have done some fine work.....

UND Better get its act together, make some decisions, or will will lose in the long run...Playing wait and see,I blame this one not on our Athletic Department, This is University Administration, Cupcake and Philly

I have found out that they (BSU) approached Rob, and asked him to apply.....

That again tells you what kind of Man and Job he has done...When Institutions start approaching you , you have done some fine work.....

UND Better get its act together, make some decisions, or will will lose in the long run...Playing wait and see,I blame this one not on our Athletic Department, This is University Administration, Cupcake and Philly

That makes a little more sense. I agree he has done a great job and if someone approaches you its flattering and your foolish not to listen or at least explore the possibility. Lets just hope that UND is a better situation for him, or that someone makes it a better situation for him to keep him.

Question, because I don't know the answer:

Is Rob looking for something where he is the number one guy? Has he reached a point in his career where he wants that? He's been the "top assistant" for most of his career (with RT in football, at alumni under Strinden and O'Keefe, now in Athletics).

If he's looking to be the "top banana" somewhere you can't begrudge him that. And you won't make him happy with anything less if that's what he wants.

I dont think its too hard to connect the dots on this one. If UND loses Rob, IMO, it would be the WORST thing that could happen to UND!!!!

Kup and Phil should move to give him the AD job ASAP, keep him here, keep him happy!!!!!

The outsider strikes AGAIN!!!

Seems like you connected the wrong dots. :silly::D ( It seems a number of us jumped to conclusions.)

So if UND got a new AD, would you get your job back?

:huh: How funny is this? Mike Schepp? Teaching a finance class? Be sure to sign up, it has got to be an easy "A"!

FIN 491 Senior Topics In Finance (3cr)

Sport Finance

Fin 310, Junior or Senior standing, and consent of instructor are the

prerequ

1 4622 12:00p-12:50p MWF GAMBLE 225 Schepp, M

This would be a considerable loss to UND. At least there's some consolation in the fact that he was "head-hunted" and not out looking for a new job.

Aside... this really puts into perspective the heights BSU has their eye on, and it looks like they're going about it correctly.

:huh: How funny is this? Mike Schepp? Teaching a finance class? Be sure to sign up, it has got to be an easy "A"!

FIN 491 Senior Topics In Finance (3cr)

Sport Finance

Fin 310, Junior or Senior standing, and consent of instructor are the

prerequ

1 4622 12:00p-12:50p MWF GAMBLE 225 Schepp, M

I wonder if The Naval Academy would promote a person from Army or give them a administrative position when there were other naval academy people who were more qualifited for the position?

The irony is the fact that this instructor filled out a bid for NCAA football and lost 23,000 on one game, good thing UND only hosted one instead of 4. That is the irony.

I wonder if The Naval Academy would promote a person from Army or give them a administrative position when there were other naval academy people who were more qualifited for the position?

The irony is the fact that this instructor filled out a bid for NCAA football and lost 23,000 on one game, good thing UND only hosted one instead of 4. That is the irony.

Are you joking me, we lost $23,000 on one playoff football game and the man that is responsible still has a job. If times are tough and dollars are at a premium you can't make mistakes like that.

Does anybody elso know anything else about this?

Did his assumptions include only 5223 showing up (lowest Alerus Center attendance for a UND FB game ever) to a game?

It's alwasy pretty easy to pick people apart in retrospect.

And you never know who is reading here. ("jimdahl" can say thank you to me for that later.)

This bugs me because there's a strong sense of personal spite in what I read there. Like I said before, you never know who is reading here.

We have Schepp's bio (link before).

Here's Rob Bollinger's. I'm sure BSU read it before approaching him.

A native of Fort Yates, N.D., Bollinger graduated from Ogala Community High in Pine Ridge, S.D., in 1969. He obtained a Bachelor of Science degree in Physical Education from Dickinson (N.D.) State in 1974 and received a Master of Science degree in Physical Education from UND in 1980.

http://www.UND.edu/news/NEW_SCRIPTS/newsrelease.jsp?id=1603

The casual observer might say Schepp has better credentials to be teaching a sport finance class.

I believe it was John Wooden who once said that you don't build anything up by tearing something else down.

Question, because I don't know the answer:

Is Rob looking for something where he is the number one guy? Has he reached a point in his career where he wants that? He's been the "top assistant" for most of his career (with RT in football, at alumni under Strinden and O'Keefe, now in Athletics).

If he's looking to be the "top banana" somewhere you can't begrudge him that. And you won't make him happy with anything less if that's what he wants.

In my Talks with Rob, all he ever has wanted was to be a Part of the Decision making process, Lets make Decisions and Move on...I Believe him being left off this New Div2-Div1 Committee has been a factor somewhat..Just My Thoughts

I'm sure Rob finds that frustrating. I'd like final decision made too.

A press release from Dr. Kupchella's office:

The rest of the concern can be dealt with with that sentence above. The only Athletic Department administrator on the committee this time is Buning himself. (The rest are coaches.) It's not like Rob got shunned for some other AAD to sit on the committee. And like that sentence says ....

I'm sure Rob finds that frustrating. I'd like final decision made too.

The rest of the concern can be dealt with with that sentence above. The only Athletic Department administrator on the committee this time is Buning himself. (The rest are coaches.) It's not like Rob got shunned for some other AAD to sit on the committee. And like that sentence says ....

I have no doubt of Rob's ability to raise money, particularly in the area of football. I just question the ability of leadership to recognize compentent people in responsible positions.

Is it obvious to everyone that perhaps even the AD isn't calling the shots? When you read about an FAR more than the AD, that is the first sign of trouble. Philly is dictacting what occurs and when. Unfortuanately he doesn't seem to have a very good grasp of athletics, fan behavior and the mission of athletics role in perception of a university.

If you read the release on Rob being appointed; the leadership is pretty clear. How can a newly appointed AD declare staff when they have only just met? :huh: