SiouxSports.com Forum

TJ Oshie

Fetch

Is the best true freshman I have seen.

& as good as any Sioux Player I have seen.

Skating & puck handling - & scoring & he HITS people

He & Spirko & Zajac are a pleasure to watch :lol:

Oshie is one of the best freshmen I've seen too... but it is going to be tough to top Zach Parise...

Glad everyone is jumping on the The Oshie Bandwagon now. I was on it after the Manitoba game. ;)

I was on it early too. I :lol: TJ!!! Hard work pays off, and he's proof.

I was so glad that I was at the game tonight. The first period was soooo slow, I was really missing the band and the students.......then the Sioux lit it up big time!

Great game. I'm very pleased. :D

Congrats Sioux. Nice to snap the losing streak at the Ralph.

What are talking about, I've been on Oshie's bandwagon since he was a soph. at Warroad High? :lol:

It would have been awesome to watch TJ in high school and younger.... not that he played ice hockey much younger... but he must have been one of those kids that you could tell was going to be something special.

Edited by WiSioux

Pardon my understanding of the plus/minus system, but how does he score 4 goals for the weekend while BSU as a team only scores 2, yet he only comes up with a +1 rating? I can't understand!

Question: Do power play goals count for or against +/-? I'm not sure, but I thought I once read that they don't. That may enter into your equation.

Pardon my understanding of the plus/minus system, but how does he score 4 goals for the weekend while BSU as a team only scores 2, yet he only comes up with a +1 rating? I can't understand!

You only get a plus/minus when you are on the ice for a even strength or shorthanded goal. If you are on the ice for a PP goal, you don't get a plus/minus.

You only get a plus/minus when you are on the ice for a even strength or shorthanded goal. If you are on the ice for a PP goal, you don't get a plus/minus.

Okay, I guess that makes sense. He had 3 pp goals and an even strength goal... means he wasn't on the ice for any of the BSU goals. My bad, thanks for clearing that up.

Combine this with the kind assessment in this weeks INCH rankings and one has to wonder if perhaps the site is trying to make up for one misguided article. Notwithstanding, Oshie has been the pleasant surprise story of this week and the Sioux season for that matter.

What really impresses me is that despite the early success, he still looks rough around the edges. As his skating improves he will continue to get even better. The Blues are perhaps the worst drafting team in hockey, but they look to have nailed this one. I think there were alot of suprosed folks when Oshie went in round 1. I sure was.

I got on here last winter and put in my two cents about Osh and how he should come right in as a true freshmen and skip going to the USHL. After watching him in many high school games; I could see he was head and shoulders above the others. I knew if he had the chance he'd make the most of it. I think he's done it so far!