SiouxSports.com Forum

Soph. Borgen back to USHL

sprig

Is this Lucia's discipline for the underage drinking thing? :D

DAR, in past years certain gopher fans have made huge issues about the "revolving door" in the Sioux program under Blais. They used various examples, most that were very legit if one reviewed the circumstances, to criticize Blais and the UND program for cutting players unfairly and dealing with players in an unethical manner. Frankly, to me it was pretty clear that at least a couple of them wanted to use a public forum to spread disinformation and hurt UND's image in some small way.

It seems of late that Lucia is the one with the "revolving door". Now that the shoe is on the other foot, I don't mind seeing this stuff brought up and I rather enjoy the sounds of silence.

Is this Lucia's discipline for the underage drinking thing? :D

DAR, in past years certain gopher fans have made huge issues about the "revolving door" in the Sioux program under Blais. They used various examples, most that were very legit if one reviewed the circumstances, to criticize Blais and the UND program for cutting players unfairly and dealing with players in an unethical manner. Frankly, to me it was pretty clear that at least a couple of them wanted to use a public forum to spread disinformation and hurt UND's image in some small way.

It seems of late that Lucia is the one with the "revolving door". Now that the shoe is on the other foot, I don't mind seeing this stuff brought up and I rather enjoy the sounds of silence.

I see your point but I just don't think this warrants a thread on this web site. I just think it adds fuel to the fire that Sioux fans have some obsession with the Gopher program which is as we all know a bunch of crap. In my opinion if someone is interested in this they can go over to GPL and find out more than they probably would ever want to know. This obvioulsly would not be a topic of discussion and a thread if this happened on any other team other than the Gophers. Personally, I don't care what is going on with a fifth liner on the Gophers.

I see your point but I just don't think this warrants a thread on this web site. I just think it adds fuel to the fire that Sioux fans have some obsession with the Gopher program which is as we all know a bunch of crap. In my opinion if someone is interested in this they can go over to GPL and find out more than they probably would ever want to know. This obvioulsly would not be a topic of discussion and a thread if this happened on any other team other than the Gophers. Personally, I don't care what is going on with a fifth liner on the Gophers.

I get sick of the Toews vs. Kessel threads myself. I totally agree that there have been a lot of inane threads on this board related to the Gophers. But I don't think this is one of them because it is legitimate news. And for the reasons dagies mentioned, it's worth calling it to peoples' attention.

I get sick of the Toews vs. Kessel threads myself. I totally agree that there have been a lot of inane threads on this board related to the Gophers. But I don't think this is one of them because it is legitimate news. And for the reasons dagies mentioned, it's worth calling it to peoples' attention.

See the Vote for Toews thread. You got your wish as the NHL scouts have spoken and there is nothing left to debate or discuss regarding the two players in question.

See the Vote for Toews thread. You got your wish as the NHL scouts have spoken and there is nothing left to debate or discuss regarding the two players in question.

Free at last! :D

I'm not saying that people shouldn't be allowed to discuss Toews and Kessel if they want to. I'm just saying that I personally get tired of hearing about it, which means that I don't spend any time reading those threads.

So much stuff lately that has created a lot of polarized discussion. In regards to Borgen and how Lucia handled it, so what? Just because some Gopher posters questioned Blais at the time for how he handled certain players, again big deal. The majority of the Gopher posters who made comments at that time would get zero respect from Sioux posters anyway so it's really no big deal. Think about it...One of the Seven Dwarfs for sure commented about it. I would bet the poster named after a movie also commented about it. Blais did what he felt was best and regardless of what I or any other Gopher poster's opinion may or may not be you can't argue with the success that Blais had. Same is true for Lucia.

For what it is worth if I was in your shoes I would be more inclined to spend my time talking up the great trio of freshmen you have in Toews, Oshie, and Lee.

In my opinion if someone is interested in this they can go over to GPL and find out more than they probably would ever want to know.

I don't go on other boards so I enjoy (?) reading this type of news (I find it newsworthy) on this board. As stated in other threads, if someone doesn't want to read about a particular topic, don't go there. :D

So much stuff lately that has created a lot of polarized discussion. In regards to Borgen and how Lucia handled it, so what? Just because some Gopher posters questioned Blais at the time for how he handled certain players, again big deal. The majority of the Gopher posters who made comments at that time would get zero respect from Sioux posters anyway so it's really no big deal. Think about it...One of the Seven Dwarfs for sure commented about it. I would bet the poster named after a movie also commented about it. Blais did what he felt was best and regardless of what I or any other Gopher poster's opinion may or may not be you can't argue with the success that Blais had. Same is true for Lucia.

For what it is worth if I was in your shoes I would be more inclined to spend my time talking up the great trio of freshmen you have in Toews, Oshie, and Lee.

This isn't a matter of judging Blais or Lucia's success. Some gopher fans made accusations about the UND program and similar things are now happening with Lucia. Sure, it may be polarizing but this happens to be a rivalry. I don't see why taking a shot at UND's detractors is out of line (I know at least one lurks here regularly). I didn't go over to GPL and make a fuss about it, so I don't think it's out of line.

Not to be rude but this is a Sioux hockey message board, why do we care about some Goofer who gets no ice time going back to the USHL. It certainly does not warrant its own thread!

Actually I agree with you to a point, Borgen isn't very good and I am not sure how its a new story.

I do believe talking about the two Benidict Arnolds from ND are more excitingl

Blog

Good luck Brent

A little late (I was in Omaha for the U2 concert) but I just wanted to wish Brent Borgen good luck in the USHL. I hope he eventually moves on to get his degree and lands some playing time solid playing time with another program. It is unfortunate he made this decision but it is understandable. If anything, at least he had control over his future and didn't get flat out cut for not being able to earn a consistent spot in the lineup (as Lucia refuses to cut players for such reasons... unlike some other programs that seem prone to such things).

There's a blog out there that posted this. Since there's no place to respond on the blog I'll post it here. The allegation continues about Blais cutting players and how Lucia "handles things differently". Maybe if Lucia had been honest with Borgen, like Blais was with players, Borgen might have moved on before the season instead of wasting a year of eligibility. Sometimes Blais blunt honesty with a player looked harsh on the outside but was better for the player in the long run.