SiouxSports.com Forum

2006 schedule

dakotadan

Jim, The Bison "flat out refused" to play the Sioux this year?

Yes, and you seemed to agree that the reason NDSU isn't on UND's schedule is because NDSU doesn't want to be. If you'd taken my post in context, you would have seen that I was just responding to a query from someone about why we'd be willing to play a different I-AA now but not NDSU -- the answer is that when the policy changed we expressed an interest in playing NDSU, but NDSU said "take a hike" because they felt UND had been mean to them.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, and you seemed to agree that the reason NDSU isn't on UND's schedule is because NDSU doesn't want to be. If you'd taken my post in context, you would have seen that I was just responding to a query from someone about why we'd be willing to play a different I-AA now but not NDSU -- the answer is that when the policy changed we expressed an interest in playing NDSU, but NDSU said "take a hike" because they felt UND had been mean to them.

I also agree 100% with that assessment.

No, they didn't say "take a hike" (although I think they would have every right to). When UND finally decided they would make an effort to play the game, NDSU had one open date left and 2 options, and they chose the best one. If UND had agreed to the game before the CSP game was scheduled, I'm sure NDSU would have been happy to host UND for the season opener.

...If UND had agreed to the game before the CSP game was scheduled, I'm sure NDSU would have been happy to host UND for the season opener.

I don't agree with that. IIRC, Tom Bunning extended the olive branch long before CSP was scheduled. Gene Taylor's thoughtful and intellectual response was, and I quote, "They've made their bed, now they have to sleep in it."

Do you know the dates that the CSP game and the "olive branch extention" were?

I think what he's saying is that we had a basic agreement with CSP (maybe not a contract, but a verbal agreement) before UND wanted to play us.

If NDSU had the tiniest desire to play UND, CSP would have gladly allowed their agreement to be bought out, and NDSU would have had a sold out Fargodome and come out way ahead on the deal.

If UND announces DI in May, the people (and politicians) won't stand for the interschool bickering anymore. Either expect a UND/NDSU game in 2007 or the holdout school will suffer a major public relation issues and reap the political consequences of it.

I don't agree with that. IIRC, Tom Bunning extended the olive branch long before CSP was scheduled. Gene Taylor's thoughtful and intellectual response was, and I quote, "They've made their bed, now they have to sleep in it."

That Gene Taylor quote sounded somewhat familiar. In fact, I think I heard it coming from the UND administration and coaches about 3 years ago when NDSU announced their move. It doesn't matter who said what and when, the truth is neither program really wanted to play the game this year. If they had, it would have happened. UND didn't get serious about the game until it was too late. Maybe they should negotiate now and announce a game for Sept 07 in the Fargodome.

If the UND @ UNI game was supposedly confirmed on a radio interview by Northern Iowa's head coach 3 days ago, how come we still haven't seen an offical press release from UND, UNI, or the Herald? It only took UND two hours to post that Kuper got drafted on their official site. Is this game really happening? ;) I sure hope so.

If the UND @ UNI game was supposedly confirmed on a radio interview by Northern Iowa's head coach 3 days ago, how come we still haven't seen an offical press release from UND, UNI, or the Herald? It only took UND two hours to post that Kuper got drafted on their official site. Is this game really happening? ;) I sure hope so.

Lennon is waiting for an opportune moment, IMO. Expect numerous press conferences by UND this month:

Division I announcement, football schedule with IAA team, nickname announcement, basketball coach, and likely a Big Sky announcement on May 23rd that they will be expanding.

Buning is way to smart to even go down that road.

I think he sees the financial impact that regaining the rivalry games brings and will do whatever it takes to get it going again.

I agree. The last game was in GF, so when the rivalry is finally renewed the first game rightfully should and will be played in Fargo.

Very nice schedule this year, as usual a tough one, even though a 6th home game would have been nice. Combined Winning percentage of our opponents is .637. Home games against Winona, Duluth, and South Dakota. USD will be biggest home game of the year (oh, sweet revenge :D ). Big road trips against UNI, UNO, and St. Cloud. Although I am ecstatic about going to UNI, the UNO game at Caniglia is the biggest road game of the year (oh, sweet revenge :0 ). I'm very happy to not see anyone like Ferris St. or Mesa on the schedule.

Prediction: In a few weeks UND will announce that for the second straight year there will be no increase in price for football season ticket holders. However, they will omit the fact that in 2004 there were 7 home games, 2005 there were 6 home games, and in 2006 there will be 5 home games. Damn, that 2004 season was a bargain!!!!!! :0

• 2 weeks later...
I like the schedule, but has there ever been any discussion of an evening game or two? One p.m. is fine, but I wonder if a rowdier, more boistrous crowd might show up for a 7 p.m. start. I bet there would be a better chance of a sell-out with a later start.

There has been plenty of discussion of an evening start time. The main reason that UND starts all home football games at the same time is that Coach Lennon wants it that way. The reasons given have been consistency for the team, they develop a game day pattern they can follow every week, and the belief that college football was meant to be played on Saturday afternoons.

There has been plenty of discussion of an evening start time. The main reason that UND starts all home football games at the same time is that Coach Lennon wants it that way. The reasons given have been consistency for the team, they develop a game day pattern they can follow every week, and the belief that college football was meant to be played on Saturday afternoons.

So what about even moving the games back to 2. I know alot of the college kids go out on friday nights. That extra hour might bring a few more of them out. As well as others who have things going on saturday mornings. The games should still be over by 5 to allow people to still do things in the evening.

So what about even moving the games back to 2. I know alot of the college kids go out on friday nights. That extra hour might bring a few more of them out. As well as others who have things going on saturday mornings. The games should still be over by 5 to allow people to still do things in the evening.

From the games I've been too, the college kids don't seem to be the problem for showing up. Due to Sioux Crew, Sioux fb games have become quite popular. It doesn't hurt that the Alerus serves beer. ???

So now that the schedule is out, are they going to release ticket prices soon? I have always just went to the games as a member of the Pride of the North or else just used student tickets. I am considering buying a set of season tickets this year for the first time. Just wondering when they are going to release the info about them.

So now that the schedule is out, are they going to release ticket prices soon? I have always just went to the games as a member of the Pride of the North or else just used student tickets. I am considering buying a set of season tickets this year for the first time. Just wondering when they are going to release the info about them.

I got my renewal form today, and astonishingly, prices went down. They should since there is 2 fewer games than two years ago of course. $75 per seat, plus a $5 service charge. They were $90 the last two years.