SiouxSports.com Forum

GV beats Sagnasty! Semi's next...who cares?

SiouxMeNow

Grand Valley won 55-20 today, and will meet NW Missouri State in the championship game. I have to think at least the top four northwest teams could have won the whole thing this year.

Which makes the it even harder to take the last two losses of the season (regular season). The Sioux would have had home field throughout and basically be in GV's position.

Grand Valley won 55-20 today, and will meet NW Missouri State in the championship game. I have to think at least the top four northwest teams could have won the whole thing this year.

The game wasn't even as close as the score appears, ESU was way overmatched.

ESU looked like a public schools Freshmen team out against a Private schools Varsity. About half of ESU's players are probably going to be going to the dentist tomarrow because they have had fillings knocked loose. Props to Jimmy T though, he showed he was Hella Tuff with getting knocked all around and still getting back up to take some more punishment. Still, going to hear a lot of howling about how Regionalization should be phazed out of D2, especially from your neighbors to the South. Perhaps Bob would like to make a mention of his Idea??

ESU looked like a public schools Freshmen team out against a Private schools Varsity. About half of ESU's players are probably going to be going to the dentist tomarrow because they have had fillings knocked loose. Props to Jimmy T though, he showed he was Hella Tuff with getting knocked all around and still getting back up to take some more punishment. Still, going to hear a lot of howling about how Regionalization should be phazed out of D2, especially from your neighbors to the South. Perhaps Bob would like to make a mention of his Idea??

I'll be cheering for you next Saturday! Ya got a lota talent on that team of yours, should be a cake walk!

I may watch a bit of the game just to see how it turns out. Personally, I'd like to see GVSU beat NW Missouri convincingly. I'd like to be able to say that UND was the only team that gave the national champs a close game.

Who is going to watch the DII Championship game today?

GVSU and NWMSU fans better hope the Ohio State vs. St. Joseph's basketball game is done by 4:00PM EST...

I am still mad at ESPN... ;)

Well, it's happening again. Not that I much care this year. I understand that it is only DII football, but for crying outloud it is the National Championship! Couldn't they put a regular season basketball game on the Deuce or ESPNU and make sure the broadcast starts on time or vice versa? How many channels does ESPN have anyways? Half if not more of the first quarter will be gone by now.

Edited by bincitysioux

Well, it's happening again. Not that I much care this year. I understand that it is only DII football, but for crying outloud it is the National Championship! Couldn't they put a regular season basketball game on the Deuce or ESPNU and make sure the broadcast starts on time or vice versa? How many channels does ESPN have anyways? Half if not more of the first quarter will be gone by now.

Glad to see ESPN is consistent...at least this time I am not yelling at the television. ;)

NWMSU up 7-0!

1st 7:47

I may watch a bit of the game just to see how it turns out. Personally, I'd like to see GVSU beat NW Missouri convincingly. I'd like to be able to say that UND was the only team that gave the national champs a close game.

As ussual you can't see the beginning of the game because of a non-important basketball game between to weak sisters of the poor. What gives.

The announcers were talking about previous DII football greats to include...Walter Payton...and the overall level of talent at DI-AA and DII football (they had covered a DI-AA quarterfinal game last week).

Then said something like..."not all good players come from the big-boy schools." ;)

If it wasn't for ESPN Sunday Night Football...I would cancel them tomorrow.

BTW...

NWMSU 14

GVSU 7

2nd 13:43

Amazing game, right up to the end.

NWMS drove the entire length of the field (and I mean drove, from the 15 to the other 20 in about 15 plays) in the last couple minutes. The had one throw into the end zone with 15 secs to go, but the receiver didn't come down cleanly with it.

NWMS had one last chance with 1 second on the clock, it was caught, but the guy was tackled a couple yards short of the end zone.

Final: GVSU 21, NWMS 17