SiouxSports.com Forum

Fargo Forum

SiouxMD

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thinking out loud:

If the GF Herald offered same-day Saturday and Sunday home delivery in Fargo/Moorhead/West Fargo, I wonder how many UND fans would subscribe (and go to weekday only Fargo Forum).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't know. I do know that a few years back (ZPar's freshman year) the Store Manager of the Scheels on 13th said that their UND attire was outselling NDSU's. I'm not saying that UND is more popular in Fargo than NDSU, but it really surprised me to hear that.

I don't know. I do know that a few years back (ZPar's freshman year) the Store Manager of the Scheels on 13th said that their UND attire was outselling NDSU's. I'm not saying that UND is more popular in Fargo than NDSU, but it really surprised me to hear that.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Part of that might be due to Varsity Mart at NDSU...their prices and selection are better than Scheel's for NDSU gear....I read the same story, though....

UND gear probably still outsells NDSU gear in Fargo at Scheels. But probably not by as wide a margin as it used to a few years ago.(3 or 4 to 1). NDSU changed their "look" a little and the move to D1 has probably helped a little. I have it said many times, but not totally sure if it is true, but supposedly their are as many if not more UND alums living in Fargo than NDSU alum.

Also, the Herald, for the most part, has NATIONAL or even INTERNATIONAL news on the front page with an occasional local story.  The Fargo Forum RARELY has a National or International news story on its front page. 

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The difference is that a relatively large amount of the Herald's stories are pulled from the wire.

If the GF Herald offered same-day Saturday and Sunday home delivery in Fargo/Moorhead/West Fargo, I wonder how many UND fans would subscribe (and go to weekday only Fargo Forum).

I didn't mean for this question to devolve into who sells more of which collegiate merchandise. (Of course Fargo Scheels sells more UND stuff: Folks buy Bison stuff at NDSU's bookstore. Plus, I'd bet, no proof, the Fargo Scheels sell more UND stuff than the GF Scheels. Why? The REA Pro Shop sells a lot of stuff in GF.)

My question remains:

Would UND fans in Fargo be willing to buy the Herald on weekends (instead of the Forum) for Sioux coverage if same-day home delivery was offered? (The rest of a Sunday paper is essentially all the same anyway.)

I wonder if anyone from the Herald reads this board ....

My question remains:

Would UND fans in Fargo be willing to buy the Herald on weekends (instead of the Forum) for Sioux coverage if same-day home delivery was offered? (The rest of a Sunday paper is essentially all the same anyway.)

I wonder if anyone from the Herald reads this board ....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I wonder what the 'hard copy' readership is for either paper. I get all my news on-line, including Fargo's and Grand Forks'.

The difference is that a relatively large amount of the Herald's stories are pulled from the wire.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That has to be one of the most "umm duh" comments ever. Just as do most regional newspapers. No one from the Herald is going to go to New Orleans to cover Katrina then send some one to Iraq to cover the war.

Yes, employees of the Herald do read this site.

It's not as easy as it seems to send a reporter or photographer to Iraq. There are a lot of liability and life insurance difficulties.

The Herald did send Rona Johnson and Jackie Lorentz earlier in the war, but with reporters lives in more danger it isn't that easy anymore.

Greetings,

I don't read the Fargo Forum often but noticed recently that the local "expert" sports analysts no longer predict the UND Football outcome.  They include NFL, DI-A, DI-AA (not this week as the Bison are resting), HS, etc...but do not include the Fighting Sioux.

Is this new or have they been doing this for awhile?  It would seem an easy pick for them every week...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The UND game was in today's The Forum predictions. Looks like Sioux fans can finally get a good night's sleep. :silly:

P.S. As a reminder to bison-backers with long memories and short fuses, Ryan Bakken is the Herald humor columnist, not the editorial writer.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Heck, star2city, I knew Bakken was a clown, it just never occurred to me that he amused anybody. :silly:

you obviously missed the word "relatively"

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

OK. Redwing was talking Nationally/Internationally (as the post you quoted).

I'll try it again....

Relatively large amount of Herald's National/International stories are pulled from the wire..."um duh"