SiouxSports.com Forum

Do you think the Sioux will go unbeaten?

JESUS,family,rutgers

7-0--------What a great season Fighting Sioux fans. Do you see the team going undefeated? What remaining team in the regular season presents the biggest obstacle? The last undefeated team at Rutgers was in 1976 and even though I was a kid, I remember the great feeling each week as we kept winning.

GO SCARLET KNIGHT!

GO FIGHTING SIOUX!

....... Do you see the team going undefeated? What remaining team in the regular season presents the biggest obstacle? ......

Anything can happen in the NCC, so I hate to speculate. With UNO losing another conference game today, I think it proves that UM-Duluth may be for real. I know the have good leadership in Bubba. I think anything could happen in the final 4 games, but Duluth and South Dakota scare me the most as both games are on the road. The whooping that USD put on UNO was pretty impressive. UMD has been impressive today and also against a pretty decent Concordia-St. Paul team. I think they should crack the top 25 this week. I'll be watching closely to see how these two teams do against each other, before we play USD, and also how USD does next week against SCSU. But I'll be watching even closer as to how we do against UMD next week. This will be the biggest game of the season to date, and it is on the road.

Anything can happen in the NCC, so I hate to speculate. With UNO losing another conference game today, I think it proves that UM-Duluth may be for real. I know the have good leadership in Bubba. I think anything could happen in the final 4 games, but Duluth and South Dakota scare me the most as both games are on the road. The whooping that USD put on UNO was pretty impressive. UMD has been impressive today and also against a pretty decent Concordia-St. Paul team. I think they should crack the top 25 this week. I'll be watching closely to see how these two teams do against each other, before we play USD, and also how USD does next week against SCSU. But I'll be watching even closer as to how we do against UMD next week. This will be the biggest game of the season to date, and it is on the road.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think Duluth has a good team, but frankly, beating Omaha right now, particularly at home, is not that big of an accomplishment. Omaha's defense is horrible, and with Denney out and Day severely hobbled, their offense is not particularly strong, either. A lot of pressure will be on Duluth's freshman quarterback to produce, because they won't be able to run the ball at all against the Sioux. They couldn't run the ball today, and Omaha's defense is not even close to UND's. I'm glad Duluth won, but in all honesty, with UNO's injury situation, the Omaha team Duluth beat by 3 in Duluth would likely have been beaten by about 28 had they played the Sioux at the Alerus today. It will be a tough game next Saturday, but a game UND should definitely win if they play the way they have through the first seven games. Duluth is not as good as St. Cloud State, in my opinion.

I think Duluth has a good team, but frankly, beating Omaha right now, particularly at home, is not that big of an accomplishment. Omaha's defense is horrible, and with Denney out and Day severely hobbled, their offense is not particularly strong, either. A lot of pressure will be on Duluth's freshman quarterback to produce, because they won't be able to run the ball at all against the Sioux. They couldn't run the ball today, and Omaha's defense is not even close to UND's. I'm glad Duluth won, but in all honesty, with UNO's injury situation, the Omaha team Duluth beat by 3 in Duluth would likely have been beaten by about 28 had they played the Sioux at the Alerus today. It will be a tough game next Saturday, but a game UND should definitely win if they play the way they have through the first seven games. Duluth is not as good as St. Cloud State, in my opinion.

I agree completely. My biggest concerns with Duluth is that 1)They are much improved from last year; 2)Bubba knows our team as he is only one and a half seasons removed from it; 3)It is on the road, remember our road games last year against Augie, SCSU, and UNO? I worry that UND is just a totally different team on the road, especially in conference play, hence my concerns about Duluth and USD. I think the match-up between UND's defense and USD's offense should be quite a battle to watch. I must admit though, that when the schedule was released last spring, I was far more concerned about UNO in GF than I was about Duluth or South Dakota on the road. To use an old cliche, I guess that's why they play the games.

The Sioux have a bunch of good games coming up. This weekend they face a UMD team that is soon to be a continually good team in the NCC. Bubba will have them ready to play. Then Mankato is not a great team but yet they have in the past given us good games down in Mankato. UNO is a team that we seem to have problems with. It's a good thing we have them here at the Al. I am curious to see if the injuries have really hurt them or are they just having a down year. And then what I think will be the game that decides who is number 1 in the region going into the playoffs and who wins the NCC. USD has proven that there offense can put up points, and up until last week their defense didn't have to worry about much. I don't know whether or not they have the complete team we do, but they have a talented team and could give us our best game of the year. Sioux end up winning it all going undefeated for the first time. What a year. Sioux national champs once again.

The Dogs will need UND to turn the ball over at least 4 times to have a shot at pulling the upset. A special teams or defensive touchdown or two by tUMD would also greatly improve their chances.

I just don't see tUMD keeping it close, especially if the weather grounds their passing game.

Without a doubt!!!!! National Championship here we come!!!!!!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I can't believe you would look into the future that far bk, you should be looked at by the forum web master and your posts should be deleted. Would someone please check this guy out. I can't believe you are even thinking of a national championship this far in the season. Someone please take evassive action and oust him from the forums. :angry:

P.S. any predictions for the USD game? :love:

UND has a pretty good football team, but these next two weeks will probably show if the team has the necessary character to go unbeaten and win a national championship. Nebraska Omaha is always tough on us, but I think with the home crowd UND should pull out a win. The final game at South Dakota will undoubtedly be the toughest game of the year. On the road, great offensive football team, for most likely the outright conference championship.....that ought to be a thriller....wish I could go. :)