SiouxSports.com Forum

INCH's Dream Team

CoteauRinkRat

If you follow what they are saying for this dream team, I'd offer two or three UND players that would fit.

1. Back up goalie - If JPAR is UND's main goalie, I'd say that Lammie is the best back up goalie in college hockey - hands down. He'd easily start on most other college hockey teams.

2. 3rd liner, or 4th, depending on which way you slice things... Fabian. Scores goals in big games, works hard.

3. Since Kessel made the first line, Why not Oshie or our other big recruits.

I think INCH missed a school when making up this list.

It's pretty clear they were trying to spread it around to all the leagues and recognize some niche players. Considering their approach, I think the Sioux players who had a shot of making the team were Prpich, to fill the role of agitator and penalty killer, and Smaby, to add a bone-crushing defensive defenseman.

By the way, anyone remember Smaby tossing guys around like rag dolls during the playoff run last year? I think he was just as effective physically as Greene (near heresy I know) but spent less time in the box. I hope he's ready to play 30 minutes a game this year.

Nobody from the 3rd ranked (by INCH) team, but two players from the 5th ranked team? I know that standout players don't make a team, but nobody from UND?!

Also, Odd that only 6 of the total 23 spots (players and coaches) were from the most dominant League in the country...4 forwards and only one defenseman?! We have 4 of the top 5 teams (by INCH) right now in the WCHA

whatever, this 'Dream Team' thing is stupid anyway...

Good call INCH !!! :huh:

You put together a "dream team" that couldn't even win the WCHA, probably not even a top three finish. Time to go to sleep and dream again.

While I realize this is not an "all-star" team, they could only find five WCHA players worthy enough to be on the team? Looks like the CCHA is the conference to beat, they have six players on the team. Maybe the WCHA schools can do a better job recruiting in the future.

Maybe Kessell should go Major Juniors now, he already made the "dream team" without ever playing a game, no place to go now but down. :)

I love their picks from Michigan.

Noah Ruden? Is he backup because that's 100 percent of his game time? A game here or there but really not counted on in the long run? Sure, that's what a backup does, but the best backups in the game are the ones that, if called upon the only difference in performance would be the name and number on the back of the jersey.

What's Ruden done to deserve it?

Ebbett might be a better choice if they want a Rory McMahon type player, but Zajac can set them up just as well as he can score. The same thing could be said for Spirko and Stafford.

Also, Matt Carle? If you are going to have hyped players, which it seems like they went out of their way to avoid save for Kessel, McKee, and Carle (arguments can be made saying Gauthier and Moulson are hyped as well) then why have them?

Bogus.

Here's the breakdown by conference FYI:

WCHA: 6

CCHA: 6

ECACHL: 5

HEA: 3

CHA: 1

AHA: 0

Conference breakdown notes that, if any major conference is slighted, it's Hockey (L)East. If any conference is overrepresented compared to top to bottom strength: it's the CCHA.

But INCH is based out there. So, no worries. I'd love to see this team play and then fall to UND, UMD, and yes, I think UAA could beat this dream team too.