SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

Per the USHR, Parise is gone and UND has their new goalie. I don't have access for details though.

Yeah I went there and saw the headline to the article as well. Keep em' comin.....How bout Toews and Oshie now to complete a GREAT offseason!! This has just turned into a joke.........

Yeah I went there and saw the headline to the article as well. Keep em' comin.....How bout Toews and Oshie now to complete a GREAT offseason!! This has just turned into a joke.........

Can someone post that article? According to the rumors its a hint that has to do with dukes.

like parise leaving is a suprise :D its OK DAR it will still be a great team to cheer for but i understand where you are coming from, but its the new age so it may be time to accept it for what it is.....GO SIOUX

Since Heisenberg is usually quick to pick up on the USHR stuff, I'd expect him to list the goalie recruit real soon.

Then it will be semi official. I guess you could call the USHR official. :D

I am almost ready for the summer to be over, hopefully we will have enough players to field a competative team or a few of us are going to have to walk on to fill out the roster. :D

Then it will be semi official. I guess you could call the USHR official. :D

I am almost ready for the summer to be over, hopefully we will have enough players to field a competative team or a few of us are going to have to walk on to fill out the roster. :D

does it suck that jordy is gone? YUP, oh well, move on to our new goaile and best wishes to jordy!!

yeah. im sure hak and the guys had no idea and didnt prepare for this scenerio at all, GOON i hope you are a sniper :D

hell we got 5 out of 8 years from the parise brothers, thats exactly what i thought we would get except i thought 4 form jordy and 1 from zach ;) i wonder where he signed if he has yet?

http://wellingtondukes.com/

30_Grieco.jpg

DUKES SIGN WITH NCAA

The Wellington Dukes are pleased to announce that another four players have accepted NCAA Scholarships ; Anthony Grieco - After just one season with the Dukes, Anthony received a number of calls from NCAA schools. He has accepted an offer from the powerhouse North Dakota program

# 30 Anthony Grieco

Birthday: Nov 27, 1988

Hometown: Brampton, ON

Position: G

Height: 6-1 :D:D

Weight: 177

REGULAR SEASON

2005/2006 Wellington GP-26 MIN-1418:04 W-L-T-17-4-3 SO-5 GA-54 GAA-2.28 SVS-521 SV%-0.906

PLAYOFFS

YEAR TEAM

2006 Wellington 12 744:36 6 6 - 0 35 2.82 322 0.902

like parise leaving is a suprise :D its OK DAR it will still be a great team to cheer for but i understand where you are coming from, but its the new age so it may be time to accept it for what it is.....GO SIOUX

There is not another team that has come close to losing 5 players. I know what the come back is, you recruit great players and they are likely to leave early. Well last I checked the Badgers won the national title and they have only lost one guy. The best goalie in the NCAA's is still in school. There is just no loyalty at all anymore and as a grad and big Sioux hockey, the Sioux seem to get the worst of it. Last I checked the last time we won the national title was in 2000 and how many top NHL picks did we have....I don't think there was one first rounder on the whole team. But that team had heart and were more interested in winning the national title than where they were drafted and how fast they could jump to the NHL. Just my opinion though..........It is just very frustrating to go from a top national title contender to a team with a lot of holes in a few months. Not that it is unexpected, I am not naive but it is as a fan of the Sioux and not the NHL that leads to my frustration.

There is not another team that has come close to losing 5 players. I know what the come back is, you recruit great players and they are likely to leave early. Well last I checked the Badgers won the national title and they have only lost one guy. The best goalie in the NCAA's is still in school. There is just no loyalty at all anymore and as a grad and big Sioux hockey, the Sioux seem to get the worst of it. Last I checked the last time we won the national title was in 2000 and how many top NHL picks did we have....I don't think there was one first rounder on the whole team. But that team had heart and were more interested in winning the national title than where they were drafted and how fast they could jump to the NHL. Just my opinion though..........It is just very frustrating to go from a top national title contender to a team with a lot of holes in a few months. Not that it is unexpected, I am not naive but it is as a fan of the Sioux and not the NHL that leads to my frustration.

it is not about LOYALTY, it is about taking the next step and UND is a stepping stone for that. it can be a 1 year stepping stone or a 4 year depending on the player and there is NO WAY in hell we can sit here on a message board and critisize any player for getting the BEST possible contract for himself and family if he was skilled enough to get drafted or has proven himself like a jpar. it does suck and i do agree with you on that but in my opinion to question LOYALTY is wrong. im not worried about if we will contend this coming year because we will, it will just be with a new crop of players....

Is Greico listed in any of the prospects rankings?

Greico is listed at 6'1", that is a lot taller than any goalie we have had in a while. I know nothing about him so any links to articles or insight that anyone has would be appreciated I'm sure by all. Obviously he will start some games next year so he will be depended upon.

it is not about LOYALTY, it is about taking the next step and UND is a stepping stone for that. it can be a 1 year stepping stone or a 4 year depending on the player and there is NO WAY in hell we can sit here on a message board and critisize any player for getting the BEST possible contract for himself and family if he was skilled enough to get drafted or has proven himself like a jpar. it does suck and i do agree with you on that but in my opinion to question LOYALTY is wrong. im not worried about if we will contend this coming year because we will, it will just be with a new crop of players....

Absolutely correct. I said the same thing a while back. Enjoy them while we can, wish them luck and God speed when they leave, and look forward to a great season with our remaining talented young men and the new ones coming in.

Banging our heads against a brick wall isn't going to change anything except give us a headache.

Then it all falls back on coaching/recruiting. Having the ability through the history of the program and the facilities to recruit blue chip talent makes a coaches job pretty easy but winning titles is a completely different animal.

Then it all falls back on coaching/recruiting. Having the ability through the history of the program and the facilities to recruit blue chip talent makes a coaches job pretty easy but winning titles is a completely different animal.

i hear ya but we have been to 4 frozen four's in the last 7 years if im not mistaken and have played in 3 title games and won 1 and lost obviously this last april in the semifinals, not to shabby if you ask me, man are we spoiled :D it could be a hell of a lot worse.......i wont even mention any other schools :D

I agree 100% with that. With this kind of consistent roster turnover it is going to be difficult to hang number #8. I thought we would certainly lose Stafford and Smaby. I did not think we would lose Zajac, Spirko and Parise and who knows who else. Obviously the cupboard is not bare, but with the players we have lost it will be a difficult road to St. Louis next year.

Grieco played about 2/3rds of the regular season. He seemed a bit up and down.

Ontario Provincial Junior Hockey League

1. He won't be 18 until November.

2. Chosen as one of 6 goalies to participate in the League All-Star game.

3. It's often said that your best penalty killer is your goalie. Wellington's penalty kill was 4th best in the league at 88%. (It's a HUGE league with 37 teams).

4. Though he probably played 2/3rds of the regular season, he played every game of the playoffs.

5. He had 5 shutouts and tied with 2 other players for 2nd in the league in that category. The leader had 6. The 3rd place finishers had 3.

6. He was 15th in his league in svs % at .906. There were only 2-3 other similarly young players ahead of him in this category.

7. He was 7th in the league in GAA at 2.28.

8. He was voted his team's playoff MVP.

If I were Hak I might make sure this guy gets in the very first exhibition game. :D