SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

So far Ryan Bourque (son of Ray) has been one of the leading scorers at the USA Select 16's. He is supposed to be a very talented foward from people that have seen him. He spent this last season at Cushing Prep (where Brad Malone played) and he will be playing for the NTDP U17 this upcoming year. Many schools are recruiting him and since we will need a good amount of incoming fowards for 09, he would be a good pickup.

wasnt it rays other son that went to BU then dropped out?

wasnt it rays other son that went to BU then dropped out?

Yup, that was Chris. Hated that kid, thought he was too good to do his own laundry. He's now with the Caps.

I saw Ryan when he took his unofficial visit to BU this past summer and he is tiny. Chris at least was stocky like his father, but Ryan needs to eat a cheeseburger . . . or an entire cow. I have heard that he is good though, and not as much of an attitude problem as his older bro.

BU has already recruited his equally tiny friend and roommate David Warsofsky, so good luck with that.

Yup, that was Chris. Hated that kid, thought he was too good to do his own laundry. He's now with the Caps.

I saw Ryan when he took his unofficial visit to BU this past summer and he is tiny. Chris at least was stocky like his father, but Ryan needs to eat a cheeseburger . . . or an entire cow. I have heard that he is good though, and not as much of an attitude problem as his older bro.

BU has already recruited his equally tiny friend and roommate David Warsofsky, so good luck with that.

yeah, it seemed like BU was a great fit for chris :) and now i remember espn or whoever showing rays smug face every friken second during the games at the ralph

I saw Ryan when he took his unofficial visit to BU this past summer and he is tiny. ...

Well if they're that small why isn't Boston College recruiting them. :p:)

Well if they're that small why isn't Boston College recruiting them. :):p

Duh, because Ray Bourque already franchised the Qdoba down the street from the arena and purchased a suite when Chris committed :)

I don't know if he's grown any in the year since I saw him, but I'm only 5' 3" and he didn't look that much bigger than me. I heard Ryan is also looking at UNH 'cause his sister went there.

Chris at least was stocky like his father, but Ryan needs to eat a cheeseburger . . . or an entire cow. I have heard that he is good though, and not as much of an attitude problem as his older bro.

LOL you don't want him looking like Tyler Arneson. he,he,he... :)

Duh, because Ray Bourque already franchised the Qdoba down the street from the arena and purchased a suite when Chris committed :)

I don't know if he's grown any in the year since I saw him, but I'm only 5' 3" and he didn't look that much bigger than me. I heard Ryan is also looking at UNH 'cause his sister went there.

time for some HGH then :)

Tryouts for this years 2007 Fall Elite League will be taking place on Saturday. The south tryout will be at 9:30 a.m. at New Hope Ice Arena and the north tryout will be at 11:30 a.m. at Bemidji Ice Arena. Here is the schedule and the rosters for both tryouts,

South Schedule

http://www.hselitehockey.com/index.asp?Typ...C-0634DD074EE1}

South Rosters

http://www.hselitehockey.com/index.asp?Typ...9-1B5A252E874E}

North Schedule

http://www.hselitehockey.com/index.asp?Typ...3-9045794FCFE5}

North Rosters

http://www.hselitehockey.com/index.asp?Typ...B-8947C242AD67}

Currently Ryan Bourque is listed as 5'7, if memory serves me right there is a pretty good player on our team that is about that height. :p

The only way Ryan is that tall is if he was measured while wearing skates by a blind guy with faulty measuring tape. :)

The highest I have seen his weight listed is at about 145, I don't know what it is now, but kid better pack on the pounds or he's gonna get killed playing in the WCHA.

This is Ryan Bourque as I remember him . . . he's the one with the baseball cap. He's a twig :)

He's listed by Heisenburg as 5'7 155 and this is excluding the fact he will be in a nice training program in Ann Arbor next year. Remember that this kid is playing on the best 17 team in the country next year and beat out a lot of the Minnesota kids that are mentioned here. He's also proving that he's a talented scorer by the way he is playing in the Select 16s's. A certain player on our team got around his size by his skating ability and shot, it seems like this kid is also.

He's listed by Heisenburg as 5'7 155 and this is excluding the fact he will be in a nice training program in Ann Arbor next year. Remember that this kid is playing on the best 17 team in the country next year and beat out a lot of the Minnesota kids that are mentioned here. He's also proving that he's a talented scorer by the way he is playing in the Select 16s's. A certain player on our team got around his size by his skating ability and shot, it seems like this kid is also.

Do you know something, or are you just hoping? :)

I never said UND in particular was recruiting him, just saying that he's on the radar nationally.

With the exception of the Bourque that went to SCSU, wasn't the last Bourque that went to college rumored to be a poor student and left after a season for Major Juniors? I believe he went to BU.

With the exception of the Bourque that went to SCSU, wasn't the last Bourque that went to college rumored to be a poor student and left after a season for Major Juniors? I believe he went to BU.

go back 1 page, this has been brought up :)

What Bourque went to SCSU? The only other Bourque I can think of is Rene who went to Wisconsin.

Latest update, 2007 removed, 2010 added. Threw some names out for fun. And also made a top five wish list, just for fun.

2008:

Almost certainly some 2008s will defer to 2009. Right now I would contend that there is room for 1 maybe 2 more 2008 players at the most.

Forwards:

David Toews - Shattuck-St. Mary's - Obviously

Derek Lee - Salmon Arm BCHL - One of the Top Forwards available

Cam Lamoreux - Drumheller AJHL - Family Ties

Kelly Zajac - Salmon Arm BCHL - Family Ties, not as highly regarded as Darcy.

Justin Johnson - Eau Claire N. HS - I know nothing

Defense:

Corbin McPherson - Cowichan Valley - Big Player, 88 birthdate, 3rd round pick.

Brett Kostolansky - Shattuck-St. Mary's - Top defender, but I'm not sure we will have room.

2009: (Likely a HUGE class with many forwards)

Forwards:

Ben Hanowski - Little Falls - Gopher fan with a Sioux coach, if he gives us a chance I think he will see that UND fits his style and development needs better.

Zack Budish - Edina - lets hope Finley and Gleason are doing some talking

Sam Alfieri - Shattuck St.Mary's - yet another great Shattuck Forward

Tyler Landman - Roseau - Smaller dynamic forward.

Danny Mattson - Holy Angles

Defense:

Cory Fienhage - Eastview - Big Defender

Matt Bruneteau - Yup, that family

Ben Hughes - Shattuck-St. Mary's - I know nothing

Ben Montgomery - Shattuck-St. Mary's - I know nothing

2010:

Forwards:

Greg Lamoreux - Elite Canadian Player

Brett Hebel - Warroad - I'll let the locals comment

Nate Schmidt - St. Cloud Cathedral - Likely to Minnesota

Emerson Etem - Shattuck St. Mary's - top line 92

Guan Wang - Shattuck St. Mary's - top line 92

Defense:

Nick Mattson - Chaska

Nick Bruneteau - Yup, that family

Dominic Racobaldo - Shattuck St. Mary's - top defender 92

Siouxnami's wish list (because hey, my birthday is coming)

1) David Toews 08-09

2) Greg Lamoreux 09-10

3) Nick Mattson 09-10

4) Ben Hanowski 09

5) Derek Lee 08-09

Latest update, 2007 removed, 2010 added. Threw some names out for fun. And also made a top five wish list, just for fun.

2008:

Almost certainly some 2008s will defer to 2009. Right now I would contend that there is room for 1 maybe 2 more 2008 players at the most.

Forwards:

David Toews - Shattuck-St. Mary's - Obviously

Derek Lee - Salmon Arm BCHL - One of the Top Forwards available

Cam Lamoreux - Drumheller AJHL - Family Ties

Kelly Zajac - Salmon Arm BCHL - Family Ties, not as highly regarded as Darcy.

Justin Johnson - Eau Claire N. HS - I know nothing

Defense:

Corbin McPherson - Cowichan Valley - Big Player, 88 birthdate, 3rd round pick.

Brett Kostolansky - Shattuck-St. Mary's - Top defender, but I'm not sure we will have room.

2009: (Likely a HUGE class with many forwards)

Forwards:

Ben Hanowski - Little Falls - Gopher fan with a Sioux coach, if he gives us a chance I think he will see that UND fits his style and development needs better.

Zack Budish - Edina - lets hope Finley and Gleason are doing some talking

Sam Alfieri - Shattuck St.Mary's - yet another great Shattuck Forward

Tyler Landman - Roseau - Smaller dynamic forward.

Danny Mattson - Holy Angles

Defense:

Cory Fienhage - Eastview - Big Defender

Matt Bruneteau - Yup, that family

Ben Hughes - Shattuck-St. Mary's - I know nothing

Ben Montgomery - Shattuck-St. Mary's - I know nothing

2010:

Forwards:

Greg Lamoreux - Elite Canadian Player

Brett Hebel - Warroad - I'll let the locals comment

Nate Schmidt - St. Cloud Cathedral - Likely to Minnesota

Emerson Etem - Shattuck St. Mary's - top line 92

Guan Wang - Shattuck St. Mary's - top line 92

Defense:

Nick Mattson - Chaska

Nick Bruneteau - Yup, that family

Dominic Racobaldo - Shattuck St. Mary's - top defender 92

Siouxnami's wish list (because hey, my birthday is coming)

1) David Toews 08-09

2) Greg Lamoreux 09-10

3) Nick Mattson 09-10

4) Ben Hanowski 09

5) Derek Lee 08-09

Besides David Toews, 2008 has to be locked up at foward. Think about it, even with the likely depatures of Duncan and Oshie, then Kaip and Radke to graduation, that leaves you with 10 fowards (not counting Genoway) and five incoming freshmen (counting Toews) giving a total of 15 fowards. As much as I would like to see a player like Stefishan or Lee come here, I just don't think that there will be a scholarship and roster spot available. The only added player for 2008 may be another d-men (McPherson from the BCHL was mentioned the other day) because you could have likely depatures of Chorney, Lee, Finley, and Bina. I don't think that the 2009 class will be as big some may think (because you will have a likely 6 seniors).