SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

It seems as though I've been hearing about this Olsen guy on this board forever. Just when is he going to make some sort of a decision so we can move on?

when he is ready :angry::ohmy: i hear ya but as a potential 1st rd pick this summer its a important decision for him as many others

I would agree. While I am sure Wisconsin would love to have him, they would have to find room and I am sure Olsen wants to be able to step into a program where he gets ice time right off the bat. That would be tough at UW.

most of their d men are 1st rd picks i believe. chances are they will lose a couple early so it could be a place he can go. we have 7 d men for next year adding macwilliam and gleason. maybe hold gleason back a year but i doubt olsen ends up at und

I would agree. While I am sure Wisconsin would love to have him, they would have to find room and I am sure Olsen wants to be able to step into a program where he gets ice time right off the bat. That would be tough at UW.

Wisconsin has a spot open for him for next season (most likely). At this point last season they had 3 defensemen committed to play for them in the fall of 2009. (Wiercoich, Pryor, and Schultz) Wiercoich obviously left to pursue his career at Denver a year earlier. Pryor couldn't be admitted to school. Schultz is still on track and they picked up John Ramage from the NTDP. So while they don't have to fill another spot, they were planning on using it for a defenseman. If Dylan Olsen wants to come, you let him come.

McBain (second round) has virtually inked his deal, McDonagh (first round) is close, and Jake Gardiner (first round), Brendan Smith (first round), and Cody Goloubef (second round) could go at any time.

Wisconsin has room.

Wisconsin has a spot open for him for next season (most likely). At this point last season they had 3 defensemen committed to play for them in the fall of 2009. (Wiercoich, Pryor, and Schultz) Wiercoich obviously left to pursue his career at Denver a year earlier. Pryor couldn't be admitted to school. Schultz is still on track and they picked up John Ramage from the NTDP. So while they don't have to fill another spot, they were planning on using it for a defenseman. If Dylan Olsen wants to come, you let him come.

McBain (second round) has virtually inked his deal, McDonagh (first round) is close, and Jake Gardiner (first round), Brendan Smith (first round), and Cody Goloubef (second round) could go at any time.

Wisconsin has room.

they easily will have room. nice breakdown

http://ajhl.ca/news/2009/02/14/defensive-a...eading-kodiaks/

It looks like we still might have a chance for olsen

"The partnership might very well play together again next season, although not likely in Camrose. MacWilliam has already signed with the University of North Dakota and Olsen has the Fighting Sioux on his list of options for next fall as well. North Dakota, in fact, has recruited half a dozen players out of the Alberta Junior Hockey League this season. They

"The partnership might very well play together again next season, although not likely in Camrose. MacWilliam has already signed with the University of North Dakota and Olsen has the Fighting Sioux on his list of options for next fall as well. North Dakota, in fact, has recruited half a dozen players out of the Alberta Junior Hockey League this season. They

man olsen is big time. if we can get him in that would be beyond huge for the sioux. maybe would keep gleason back unless chay is ready for the minors/pro deal. those would be the 2 options i would guess for him to come in. hold back gleason 1 more year? whatever they have to do get this kid in

and again when i say that about chay it had nothing to do if hes nhl ready like we have gone over. its about taking any offer while you are at the top of your game. i hope to god chay stays and they bring in olsen some other way as you dont carry 8 d men. not at this level

man olsen is big time. if we can get him in that would be beyond huge for the sioux. maybe would keep gleason back unless chay is ready for the minors/pro deal. those would be the 2 options i would guess for him to come in. hold back gleason 1 more year? whatever they have to do get this kid in

and again when i say that about chay it had nothing to do if hes nhl ready like we have gone over. its about taking any offer while you are at the top of your game. i hope to god chay stays and they bring in olsen some other way as you dont carry 8 d men. not at this level

I would hate to see Chay go after the play he made last night for the game winning goal where Chay he led the play all the way up the ice, some scout is probably drueling right now over the prospects of signing him. heck who says he couldn't be a forward in the next level with his offensive skills?

Hate to say it, but we might have an unexpected D opening next year with Lapoint. I hope he can make it back next year, but he might be looking at a medical redshirt from the scuttlebutt I've heard.

All I know is the Wild Player Curtis Foster that was hurt last March with broken Fibula and he is just coming back now for the WIld and is playing in the NHL. It took a long time for that injury to heal, I can't even imagine how Bad Derrick is.

Hate to say it, but we might have an unexpected D opening next year with Lapoint. I hope he can make it back next year, but he might be looking at a medical redshirt from the scuttlebutt I've heard.

If he broke the fibula to the extent that it looked and add the possibility that the tibia may have also fractured, he is looking at around 6 months before he even starts walking on his own. There is a chance he could be ready to go for next year, but it depends on how bad the break(s) are and where they occurred. If they have to put in pins and plates, it could be a long road back.

If he broke the fibula to the extent that it looked and add the possibility that the tibia may have also fractured, he is looking at around 6 months before he even starts walking on his own. There is a chance he could be ready to go for next year, but it depends on how bad the break(s) are and where they occurred. If they have to put in pins and plates, it could be a long road back.

I hope its not that bad.

This is exactly what I thought last night when I saw the photo of the injury. Poor kid. I'm no expert but I don't expect him back on the ice next year. If he is it will be a bonus.

This is exactly what I thought last night when I saw the photo of the injury. Poor kid. I'm no expert but I don't expect him back on the ice next year. If he is it will be a bonus.

The get well thread and Herald article explain that it was indeed a clean break; therefore, he should be back to start next season

The get well thread and Herald article explain that it was indeed a clean break; therefore, he should be back to start next season

I was glad to read that as well. I hope indeed the surgery was perfectly successful and he's a good healer. Would be good to have him back at full strength if that can happen.

Too lazy to look back, so sorry if this is old news to those on board:

Harvard's Crimson Hockey Blog reported that Conor Morrison of the BCHL's Salmon Arm is interested in going the NCAA route. His rumored choices are Harvard (duh, it's their blog), Wisconsin, UND, and BU.

He's a smallish forward, played at Northwood Prep (up near Lake Placid, NY), and represented Germany at the WJC's. With an '89 birth date I'm guessing he would be an '09 recruit.

Edit to add: there was a rumor on HFBoards that Jeremy Morin verballed to Kitchener of the OHL, and also that D man Cam Fowler will not honor his commitment to Notre Dame and head to the OHL as well.

Harvard's Crimson Hockey Blog reported that Conor Morrison of the BCHL's Salmon Arm is interested in going the NCAA route. His rumored choices are Harvard (duh, it's their blog), Wisconsin, UND, and BU.

He's a smallish forward, played at Northwood Prep (up near Lake Placid, NY), and represented Germany at the WJC's. With an '89 birth date I'm guessing he would be an '09 recruit.

Edit to add: there was a rumor on HFBoards that Jeremy Morin verballed to Kitchener of the OHL, and also that D man Cam Fowler will not honor his commitment to Notre Dame and head to the OHL as well.

morin had major juniors written all over him. academics is part of the reason as been discussed in many threads and websites. fowler is so good. too bad he wont be going ncaa route.

morrison is 4th in bchl in scoring. 5'8 155lb

morrison

Verballed to Kitchener?

I know Morin was drafted by Kitchener and Kitchener (and many many bloggers) expect Morin to be in Kitchener by the beginning of next season.

I'm still a bit confused as to why he didn't go this year.

As for Morrison.... I'm not sure we need another winger for next year. In fact, I'm not sure what openings we have left for 2009.

Verballed to Kitchener?

I know Morin was drafted by Kitchener and Kitchener (and many many bloggers) expect Morin to be in Kitchener by the beginning of next season.

As for Morrison.... I'm not sure we need another winger for next year. In fact, I'm not sure what openings we have left for 2009.

I think players in the USNDTP have to agree to 1 or 2 year contracts/commitments when they join the program. In order to get out of the program they either have to be kicked out or released from their contracts. There is no way the USNDTP would let them out of their contracts to go to the OHL, that's what happened with BC's goalie recruit Maxwell after he reneged on his verbal; he lobbied for a release so he could join the team that held his OHL rights (where his father was recently added to the staff) but they wouldn't do it.

It's still just a rumor, but when I said "verballed" I meant it in the sense that he has agreed to go there, they already own his rights. He had said that he would make his final decision in April, but that doesn't mean he hasn't already made up his mind and is just waiting to announce. Let's face it, Morin used the threat of the NCAA to get a better package from the Rangers; I hate kids like that.

Verballed to Kitchener?

2010 we should , next year if full even with forney coming back if thats the case