SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

Not to mention you already have like two very solid goaltenders in Jase and Dunn.

I liked what I saw with Dunn this past weekend.

I know I SHOULD feel the same, but I've still got a Goepfert hangover. I'm holding out hope that both Jase and Dunn will improve next year, but that's not likely considering the defensemen in front of them probably won't. ;)

The offense, on the other hand, should improve vastly... especially if Philly doesn't think Nodl is ready and he sticks around another year.

anyone to watch besides the kids already commited to minny and scsu tonight in that roseau vs warroad game on fsn??

maybe ben nelson (f) and tyler landman (f) from roseau? brett hebel (f) from warroad?

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pq-...Z3kFg&gid=3

NESS (D) - ROSEAU - UM

OLIVER (F) - ROSEAU - SCSU

LEE (G) - ROSEAU - SCSU

RAVNDALEN (F) - WARROAD - SCSU

Anyone know anything about CJ Ludwig? Saw him on the draft list at 174 (I think) and uncommitted. If I'm remembering correctly we're pretty full up on defense, but I'm curious if anyone's heard anything about him. Saw him last year at the Little Ceasar's tourney and thought he looked pretty good (not great, but solid)

Anyone know anything about CJ Ludwig? Saw him on the draft list at 174 (I think) and uncommitted. If I'm remembering correctly we're pretty full up on defense, but I'm curious if anyone's heard anything about him. Saw him last year at the Little Ceasar's tourney and thought he looked pretty good (not great, but solid)

not sure on him but i think we need 1 more d man for next season or maybe 2. there are a few on ss that know much better on position needs for 08 and 09

anyone to watch besides the kids already commited to minny and scsu tonight in that roseau vs warroad game on fsn??

maybe ben nelson (f) and tyler landman (f) from roseau? brett hebel (f) from warroad?

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pq-...Z3kFg&gid=3

NESS (D) - ROSEAU - UM

OLIVER (F) - ROSEAU - SCSU

LEE (G) - ROSEAU - SCSU

RAVNDALEN (F) - WARROAD - SCSU

anyone? thx

Landman is pretty good. Watch Sophomore from Roseau Adam Knochenmus #9. He might be their best forward.

As far as goalies go, I dont think they will bring in another goalie next year. I think they are more than comfortable with Walski and Eidness for next year.

interesting on the goalie. so does that mean the kid from brianerd will take over walski's spot as the 3rd string walk on for his career? not a bad gig if so. what top goalies are out there for 09 then? thanks

Landman is pretty good. Watch Sophomore from Roseau Adam Knochenmus #9. He might be their best forward.

As far as goalies go, I dont think they will bring in another goalie next year. I think they are more than comfortable with Walski and Eidness for next year.

Why? Walksi is in essence a third string. Eidness is higly reguarded but never played a game in the NCAA. I don't know why they wouldn't bring one in? Besides Walski is a senior as well...

Why? Walksi is in essence a third string. Eidness is higly reguarded but never played a game in the NCAA. I don't know why they wouldn't bring one in? Besides Walski is a senior as well...

thats why because walski will be a senior next year if thats the case then bring in another goalie in 09 as they may feel there isnt someone out there they want in for 08 that would tie up a goalie spot if so. if this info is true then hak doesnt mind having walski as a backup next season with eidsness. going into a season with 2 goalies that havent played at all in division 1 hockey ;) oh well, in hak i trust!

thats why because walski will be a senior next year if thats the case then bring in another goalie in 09 as they may feel there isnt someone out there they want in for 08 that would tie up a goalie spot if so. if this info is true then hak doesnt mind having walski as a backup next season with eidsness. going into a season with 2 goalies that havent played at all in division 1 hockey ;) oh well, in hak i trust!

So your comfortable with Walski in net? What if Eidness doesn't pan out then they are stuck with no one battle tested and ready to go.

SCSU has two good goalies, I don't see the logic?

So your comfortable with Walski in net? What if Eidness doesn't pan out then they are stuck with no one battle tested and ready to go.

SCSU has two good goalies, I don't see the logic?

never said i was good with walski but if hak thinks its ok then so be it. maybe they have a line on a 09 kid who they really like so they dont want to just give a spot away for 08. they are obviously way high on eidsness but we dont even know if this is the case for sure. i guess we will find out. many teams have 2 good goalies as well as the sioux have had. if this is the case i think that they dont like many uncommited goalies that are out there for 08.

but reading your post again any goalie that would come in next year wouldnt be game tested right? he would be a freshman along with eidsness and walski who hasnt played a lick

never said i was good with walski but if hak thinks its ok then so be it. maybe they have a line on a 09 kid who they really like so they dont want to just give a spot away for 08. they are obviously way high on eidsness but we dont even know if this is the case for sure. i guess we will find out. many teams have 2 good goalies as well as the sioux have had. if this is the case i think that they dont like many uncommited goalies that are out there for 08.

but reading your post again any goalie that would come in next year wouldnt be game tested right? he would be a freshman along with eidsness and walski who hasnt played a lick

That's why I am nervous. ;) But if UND got an older goalie from the Canadian ranks I would feel less nervous.

The minute Grieco left I felt anxious. After listening to dave starman on CSTV he basically said that no one except

C.C. was really interested in Bachman. Wow would a goalie like him look good in green.

That's why I am nervous. ;) But if UND got an older goalie from the Canadian ranks I would feel less nervous.

The minute Grieco left I felt anxious. After listening to dave starman on CSTV he basically said that no one except

C.C. was really interested in Bachman. Wow would a goalie like him look good in green.

yeah i hear ya but you dont know on some recruits until they are thrown into the games. im not worried about it right now

You never know though...he could end up being very streaky. We'll see how CC finishes the year. Bachman could be the next Isaac Reichmuth. :D

From I understand there is just as much of a possibility of keeping Landon Snider as there is of recruiting a new goaltender. What people need to understand, is that if there is a new goaltender brought in, he is going to be the same type of caliber as Walski and will have to assume a backup role. By this point, you won't find a goaltender that is much better than Walski, especially to the fact that Walski is simply older.

Saw this story in a local MN paper on-line, Sauk Centre. Soph named Austin Plaine. Really haven't heard this kids name mentioned much at all, but after reading the story he sounds like he could be worth looking at after this season. And, "...his ultimate dream is to play hockey for the University of North Dakota Fighting Sioux."

Off to a pretty good start numbers wise, 26 points in 13 games. His team (Prairie Centre North Stars) beat St. Paul Academy 5-4 last week and his line had all 5 goals, he had 3 A. And sounds like a good hard working kid who still really just loves to play the game.

http://www.saukherald.com/main.asp?Section...amp;TM=63332.54

What if I said I have it on pretty good authority that UND's coaches aren't overly concerned about Minnesota's and SCSU's recent recruiting gains in northwestern Minnesota. How much trouble would that get me into?

You would be absolutly correct ;) When you have players like Toews, Cichy, Gregoire, Kristo, Fink, Eidsness, Gleason, and both Mattson's coming in, there is no need for concern.

You would be absolutly correct ;)

Obviously this will get me no where here in Haloville, but the came could be said for Minnesota being concerned about UND's "recruiting gains" into the Twin Cities. Though I'm sure if I said that I'd be just wearing maroon and gold goggles, right?

Obviously this will get me no where here in Haloville, but the came could be said for Minnesota being concerned about UND's "recruiting gains" into the Twin Cities. Though I'm sure if I said that I'd be just wearing maroon and gold goggles, right?

No. I don't think Minnesota should be concerned about UND's recruits as Minnesota has some very top level/high-end talent coming in also.

No. I don't think Minnesota should be concerned about UND's recruits as Minnesota has some very top level/high-end talent coming in also.

Then, how come every time a kid from the Twin Cities commits to North Dakota, no matter if the Gophers were even after the kid, all I see on here is "Hakstol owns Lucia, Gophers can't recruit Twin Cities kids any more, etc."?

Then, how come every time a kid from the Twin Cities commits to North Dakota, no matter if the Gophers were even after the kid, all I see on here is "Hakstol owns Lucia, Gophers can't recruit Twin Cities kids any more, etc."?

You may hear some of our fans say that, but not me. I realize that the Gophers still have recently gotten the well majority of Twin Cities kids that they have offered.