SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

Mike Clemente is still available from the USNDTP.

What, if anything, do you know about this kid? He didn't play when the USNDTP played against UM-Duluth last weekend, so I personally know nothing about him except for warm-ups. And neither goalie on the USNDTP impressed me too much in the 1 game I saw of the team.

Let me say that I know little about these guys, but they are available still (uncommitted) from the USHL:

Josh Robinson

Kent Patterson (He was drafted by the Avs, but is having a rather poor year having been ousted in favor of UMD recruit Hjelle)

Michael Clemente - His stats aren't impressive. However, he's played the majority of games for NTDP to date.

Alex Evin - overager. Stats are impressive (goalie leader in the BCHL at this point).

Chris Rawlings was once recruited by UND, but he's seemed to have fallen off the mark. His stats aren't that great either.

Don't know much about these guys, but Kent Patterson has NHL interest and Robinson seems to be playing well at this point...just looking at stats only anyways.

Let me say that I know little about these guys, but they are available still (uncommitted) from the USHL:

Josh Robinson

Kent Patterson (He was drafted by the Avs, but is having a rather poor year having been ousted in favor of UMD recruit Hjelle)

Michael Clemente - His stats aren't impressive. However, he's played the majority of games for NTDP to date.

Alex Evin - overager. Stats are impressive (goalie leader in the BCHL at this point).

Chris Rawlings was once recruited by UND, but he's seemed to have fallen off the mark. His stats aren't that great either.

Don't know much about these guys, but Kent Patterson has NHL interest and Robinson seems to be playing well at this point...just looking at stats only anyways.

Nice research, the Sioux should have two goalies incase one gets hurt...

any names out there we should keep an eye on usa?? thanks

The three goalies I knew about, Maxwell, Crandall, and Lee all committed elsewhere. Other than that, since the Grieco situation is only a little more than a month old, I haven't heard of any new developments. The only thing I would say is that since there really isn't any blue chippers still out there for 08, that the goalie that comes in will be on low scholarship and willing to assume a backup role. As always, they also look for a player with not just ability but work ethic and loyalty. Looking at the junior ranks right now there are a number of goaltenders that can fill that category, so I'm not going to start throwing names out there.

The three goalies I knew about, Maxwell, Crandall, and Lee all committed elsewhere. Other than that, since the Grieco situation is only a little more than a month old, I haven't heard of any new developments. The only thing I would say is that since there really isn't any blue chippers still out there for 08, that the goalie that comes in will be on low scholarship and willing to assume a backup role. As always, they also look for a player with not just ability but work ethic and loyalty. Looking at the junior ranks right now there are a number of goaltenders that can fill that category, so I'm not going to start throwing names out there.

good points. thanks!

Josh Robinson

Patterson has not played due to an injury. Hjelle stepped up huge in Patterson absence. Duluth is getting a very good goalie.

Go Sioux!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rumor is budish is leaning towards umtc, i figured this with his famly ties to minny. if so good pick for them when he announces for sure.

any info on schmidt out there?

any northern minny kids standing out right away this season in highschool or any to keep a eye on?

rumor is budish is leaning towards umtc, i figured this with his famly ties to minny. if so good pick for them when he announces for sure.

any northern minny kids standing out right away this season in highschool or any to keep a eye on?

I don't like your rumors. :ohmy:

:glare:

Don't you have any better rumors? :glare:

What do you know of #5-10 on your goaltender list? NEver heard of any of them. CJHL may not show the best indicator of talent. Isn't that Junior B?

No, it's Junior A, but it's probably the lowest of the bunch. Regardless, talent has come out of that league in the past. Every heard of a guy named Ryan Lasch? :ohmy: CJHL goaltenders who are currenty starting for their respective clubs include Louis Menard at RIT, Mitch O'Keefe at Ferris State, and Christian Boucher at Robert Morris. The latter of which has played in 99 of RMU's 122 total games.

If anyone is in the Rochester area (I think Siouxnami is), the Wells Fargo Hockey tournament is this weekend. My alma matter, Rochester Lourdes plays in this tournament, Gopher recruit Jake Youso will also be playing for International Falls. Here is the link for the tournament info,

http://www.kiwanisrochester.org/hockey/schedule04.htm

I'm in North Dakota this week...

This is the best hockey this week:

http://www.xcelenergycenter.com/events/det...mp;event_id=492

any news, names ect....out there on the recruiting front?

just looking at some shattuck players...............

maybe exile one can help or whoever - is scsu after david carle? matts bro at shattuck? i thought i heard that but could be way off. thanks for any info on him

any info on luke grenier? eli zuck? sam alfieri? kostolansky?

havent seen shattuck play so wasnt sure if these above are wcha prospects?

any news, names ect....out there on the recruiting front?

just looking at some shattuck players...............

maybe exile one can help or whoever - is scsu after david carle? matts bro at shattuck? i thought i heard that but could be way off. thanks for any info on him

any info on luke grenier? eli zuck? sam alfieri? kostolansky?

havent seen shattuck play so wasnt sure if these above are wcha prospects?

im pretty sure du is the front runner for hot carle jr.

you know this is or you are just assuming because its where matt went? just wondering what you mean, thanks

http://www.denverpost.com/colleges/ci_7619732

Carle has made time to recruit for DU, including trying to persuade his little brother, David Carle, to join the Pioneers next fall. David, a defenseman for the vaunted Shattuck St. Mary's prep team in Faribault, Minn., has a planned visit to DU in February, after he checks out Boston University, Boston College and Michigan State.

so would there be room for kelly zakac to come in next year as i assume that this would be his last year in the bchl? thats if the sioux would be interested of course... or will he go elsewhere in the college ranks.