SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

I don't believe it was him. It's a good pickup for St. Cloud, he's a good player. Unlike what some people are saying on the high school board, I don't consider him a recruiting loss. They never explained to the degree that UND recruited him. He could've easily been offered 1/4 scholarship here and 3/4-to full scholarship at St. Cloud, so he takes what he feels is the better offer.

I would find it hard to believe either team offered him a great amount of scholarship money this early in the game, especially if what Exiled says is true, that they don't expect him to come in until he is 20. There are a lot of other good recruits out there within the next couple of years, so why tie up your money that early with a player that could need a little more development. Please don't construe this to mean that I don't think he is, or will be a very good player.

I don't believe it was him. It's a good pickup for St. Cloud, he's a good player. Unlike what some people are saying on the high school board, I don't consider him a recruiting loss. They never explained to the degree that UND recruited him. He could've easily been offered 1/4 scholarship here and 3/4-to full scholarship at St. Cloud, so he takes what he feels is the better offer.

I'd wager it was a better offer too, but it wouldn't have been TOO much better, as even SCSU doesn't dole out bigtime scholies to 5'6" players that will start as 20-year-old freshmen.

I'd wager it was a better offer too, but it wouldn't have been TOO much better, as even SCSU doesn't dole out bigtime scholies to 5'6" players that will start as 20-year-old freshmen.

and plus wasnt marvin his teammate? could be a factor

Possibly, though a big NHL draft pick like Marvin could easily be gone after two years. BTW, Ravndalen had only two points less than Marvin last year, and he's a grade behind him. Mr. Hockey candidate?

I'd respectfully disagree with both. I think Marvin will be there at least 3 years. Next year should be a big adjustment for him, and I think it will take him a while before he puts things all together.

As for Mr. Hockey, next year isn't an overly strong year, especially once we see who will be in the USHL all year. I'd say he has an outside shot at it, but I'd be surprised if he's even a finalist. NHL scouts pick the award, and they take pro potential into account, which really helped Marvin, but will hurt Ravndalen.

Are we full at D for 09? A birdie told me a D was close to commiting.

Realisticly they would add at least one d-men for 09 because they will lose one with Zach Jones leaving. The two d-men recruits for that year that I know have been on campus are Mattson (although he's listed as 2010) and Fienhage.

i like to build suspense so for now i'll just say he would be a steal right out of the gophers back yard.. but once again i have no credible evidence besides hear say from a player who was at the selects telling his father this who then relayed this message to me.

Any more word on this?

Realisticly they would add at least one d-men for 09 because they will lose one with Zach Jones leaving. The two d-men recruits for that year that I know have been on campus are Mattson (although he's listed as 2010) and Fienhage.

The Sioux will need 1 defensman for 08, 2 if Gleason is not ready. In addition, the Sioux will need 2 (1 if we picked up an additional 08) more defensmen in 09.

In total we need 3 for 08 and 09 to keep 7 on the roster.

The Sioux will need 1 defensman for 08, 2 if Gleason is not ready. In addition, the Sioux will need 2 (1 if we picked up an additional 08) more defensmen in 09.

In total we need 3 for 08 and 09 to keep 7 on the roster.

either would be great but im gona purely guess and say the big guy (6'4 200lbs) is coming our way in fienhage..pure guess

Where is this kid from?

He is from Eastview HS. There is huge potential there, but he will benefit greatly from the superb UND coaching and facilities. I saw him play 1 game and his skating was rough. Not only is he big, but he also plays physical. Prototypical Sioux Oak Tree.

I would add Hanowski to that list. Or maybe I missed him committing somewhere else.

i agree

looks like a goalie that visited UND chose the junior route instead

http://westerncollegehockey.blogspot.com/

This is also weeks old, but two nice prospects from Manitoba, Colin Phaneuf and goalie Kyle Birch have signed with the Tri-City Americans. Phaneuf had come down to the states earlier this summer to try out for the Tri-City Storm. Birch had taken an unofficial visit to North Dakota last winter.