SiouxSports.com Forum

Fighting Sioux vs. U of Manitoba Bison(s)

siouxnami

Can't imagine it is quite as much fun for fans of some other teams who are bringing in 2nd tier recruits for the most part.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wow! Now that's a cocky statement. Funny, but I don't think the rest of the NCAA hockey programs are crying over what UND got and what they didn't.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow! Now that's a cocky statement. Funny, but I don't think the rest of the NCAA hockey programs are crying over what UND got and what they didn't.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't think he meant it like that at all. There are a lot of hockey programs who do not get near the recruits that teams like North Dakota and Minnesota do, year after year, the fans of the other teams are not sitting and home crying, but we should feel fortunate here because we get so many good players each year.

I don't think he meant it like that at all. There are a lot of hockey programs who do not get near the recruits that teams like North Dakota and Minnesota do, year after year, the fans of the other teams are not sitting and home crying, but we should feel fortunate here because we get so many good players each year.

Exactly.

Many considered the players that made up the 97-2001 teams to be mostly "second tier" recruits.  I think they were as much fun to watch as the blue chippers we've had since.

There's no doubt about it. But did Brian Lundbohm come in with the potential that Toews has? Nope. I don't disagree that it was fun to watch the new players at that time, but I doubt there was quite the anticipation as there is with more of the players we are currently bringing in. Even at that time, if Blais was bringing in recruits we trusted in the players he found. I argue there are many D1 programs where the fans don't experience the level of anticipation UND fans do.

I'm not putting UND at the top of the heap here either. There are a number of teams, not exclusively MN, BC, MI, etc etc who I would say would be very similar.

Do you think only having a day of Practice with13 Freshman against a team thats played a game already is going to be a blowout  I think after the 2nd period we will pull away though.      Sioux-6 Bisons-3

Spirko is injured ? when did this happen?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I should charge you royalties for that avatar. :blush:

Porter Zajac Stafford - you can't expect a freshman (Toews or Oshie) to play with seasoned talent like Trav and Drew.  The rest the lines will be pretty much all freshman- surprise

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Actually I disagree. I like the idea of pairing a rookie with experience. It could be a great match up.

Normally, if Spirko played, he'd be on the first line, but he's evidentally injured, or if he's hurting, he shouldn't play tommorrow anyways.

Manitoba beat the Beavers last night 5-3. Maybe the Bisons will give the Sioux a game?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wasn't it during the 2000-2001 seasn that Manitoba took UND into OT where the Sioux eventually won? If I recall correctly, that was against a UND team that made it into the Frozen Four championship.

Not real concerned with the lineups, but have to disagree with the best talent=best team mentality...team chemistry is a huge contributing factor, lets see how well these freshman gell with the the returning players....anyhow, cant wait till 2....er 4 your time....Go Sioux!

radio feed very scratchy...still waiting for the dataflix webcast? anyone have it up yet??

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

How do you see the games to watch on dataflix? I bought the all hockey pass, but from the "My account" page, when I click the package I bought, it takes me to a page where I still can't see the individual games. Help?

usually the home hockey games are not bad. they will not be webcasting any away games this year..i have watched free webcasts through other schools that are 10 times better then dataflix...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

OK do you have a football dataflix screen?

usually the home hockey games are not bad. they will not be webcasting any away games this year..i have watched free webcasts through other schools that are 10 times better then dataflix...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nothing like that at UofM though. All is normal in the world, a Sioux hockey game about to begin with poor Audio and no Dataflix :lol: