SiouxSports.com Forum

Spirit Lake withdraws support for logo

GrahamKracker

GK,

You justify your dodging questions by saying that you don't have time to stop here, then you spend/waste time with a post like that?

Your answers are biased and one-sided, and on occasion your examples are way over the top. Everyone of those catagories have been justified and explained to you, yet you mock them and still don't listen.

You're the one who came to this website rubbing the NCAA's decision in the face of thousands of Fighting Sioux fans (and an occasional Gopher and Bison fan).

You mock my Alma Mater, you bitch and moan repeatedly about Grand Forks, you call Ralph Engelstad a Nazi, you refer to other Native Americans in a stereotypical manor (reference your comment about a bottle and artist Ben Brien), you make reference to everyone posting here as if they are ignorant because they do not agree with you.

Do you honestly think that people are going to take you seriously after talk like that?

It's actually gotten to the point that I show up here more just to laugh at your responses and watch the hole that you are digging get even deeper.

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From Goon: You can tell Graham Cracker is losing, because he pulls out the Ralph card again. I am dying to hear another Mean's type nazi statement from him. Also, I can't wait to hear him say how UND sold its soul...
8. "The logo was designed by a NA...."

----by a Chippewa, if it was a Sioux, that may be different, but this would be like a NAZI designing a logo for the JEWS...and bragging about how it honors them, not likely

It only took 8 post to get to the NAZI reference. You basically can't have an argument without going negative and you just proved my point. You used the Russell Means approach.

Edited by Goon

Accredited? Accredited does not mean it was drafted by a college student back in 2001 and has yet to be updated. The person who created the website isn't even American Indian. GK, according to your recent conversations with PCM, we should not even listen to what this person says on the website because they are not Native American?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nor does that person even live in North Dakota.

GK seems to be dodging the questions that he can not answer or maybe does not want to answer. All he does is post pictures of the Cleveland Indians mascot, bring back Ralph Engelstad memories, and cite a website that has not been updated in 4 years. We do not dodge your questions. Why do you dodge ours?

Accredited? Accredited does not mean it was drafted by a college student back in 2001 and has yet to be updated. The person who created the website isn't even American Indian. GK, according to your recent conversations with PCM, we should not even listen to what this person says on the website because they are not Native American?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Remember Brent GK, doesn't have to use facts. GK, is using the left wing playbook as his guide. Facts aren't required. Just spin...

Why are you so concerned with GK?

Isn't 'Kracker' a derogatory term to begin with? To me, it's like logging on with the name "Chocolate N-Word" and expecting people to listen to me.

He's not just a leftist. He's clearly one of those people who log onto this site with the sole purpose to degrade and attempt to harrass the students and supporters of UND.

Has he ever said anything positive about this institution? No, I don't recall ever reading that.

Just ignore him and he'll go away.

Why are you so concerned with GK?

Isn't 'Kracker' a derogatory term to begin with?  To me, it's like logging on with the name "Chocolate N-Word" and expecting people to listen to me.

He's not just a leftist.  He's clearly one of those people who log onto this site with the sole purpose to degrade and attempt to harrass the students and supporters of UND.

Has he ever said anything positive about this institution?  No, I don't recall ever reading that.

Just ignore him and he'll go away.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree with almost everything you're saying...what a pain in the ass GK is. He is obviously an extreme leftist that has nothing good to say about UND. The only thing I disagree with is that we have to be concerned with someone like this. I think the answers from PCM, HockeyMom and others have been outstanding pertaining to the questions from GK. If this was a debate I think we all know who would be in the lead.

Ya know, I for one don't appreciate this issue being labeled as something that is supported by the "leftists". I'm pretty liberal about most issues and tend to have a rather strong dislike for extremely conservative attitudes. For example, my opinion of the current president of the United States couldn't be any lower. Yet, I'm as much in favor of the name as anybody else. Please don't turn this into a left/right or liberal/conservative discussion, because that's not what it is. If you think those of us from the left are against the name you're fooling yourself.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think the left has brought this criticism upon themselves as, more often than not, it is the left that seeks to inject race into all political discussions-- which this certainly has become. Is it fair to categorize name-changing as being a liberal-only cause? Perhaps not. But, the recent trend with the left and the Democratic Party lead by H. Dean is to scream racism as an underlying motivation for anything the Republican Party does. The most recent example being Kanye West's remarks-- silly and baseless as they are. You personally may not like it, but there it is.

I respect your views on the subject, and glad to hear you support the name. But, you have to admit, it doesn't take a quantum leap in logic to tie modern day liberalism to this rather vacant, symbolic cause.

taz

You know, if the population of NA's on this campus was like 20%, 25%, 50%, I could see them keeping the name, but with only 4% (keep in mind to claim NA, you don't even have to prove it/be an enrolled tribal member/have a tribal ID), I can't see UND using the name.  There are more Norwegians on campus than Natives.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There are more blacks on the University of North Carolina-Pembroke's campus than there are American Indians, but the NCAA said it was okay for that university to keep its Native American nickname. Southeast Oklahoma State has a higher percentage of American Indian enrollment (38% vs. 21%) than UNC-Pembroke, but the NCAA said that SEOS has to change its name. The percentage of American Indian enrollment doesn't seem to make much difference to the NCAA. "Hostile and abusive" appears to be a sliding scale.