SiouxSports.com Forum

Media Stories on the Sioux Name

star2city

http://www.startribune.com/503/story/1415997.html

Attorney General Wayne Stenehjem, in his response, said the NCAA has not raised any new arguments.

"The NCAA's continued refusal to respect the announced 'yardstick for recovery' is entirely unwarranted,'' he said. Recovery is a legal term for the exchange of information among attorneys.

Stenehjem also asked Jahnke to order the NCAA to pay UND's expenses associated with responding to the motion.

Stenehjem said in his response to the NCAA motion that UND's conduct is not the issue. "This case is about what the NCAA did or did not do,'' he said.

We should be very thankful that young Indians don't believe in suicide bombing, cause I can guess at who their targets would be.

Jews in Israel? The World Trade Center? :huh: PC professors on many college campuses actually defend suicide bombing in Israel and here, :D but hate certain nicknames. The juxtaposition of depravity vs reason is mortifying.

P.S. Can "Happy" be banned for hate speech?

It's interesting that His Horse Is Thunder says that even Indian schools shouldn't use images and nicknames related to their roots.

Damn, we better blow up those statues of Lincoln, Washington, Franklin, King, Vietnam military, WWII military, etc. Otherwise, all the children in America will think they can only be are leaders of a nation. Isn't that what Frycooks study proves indirectly? If Native American children look at images of the past leaders of their nations, they limit their personal goals to what those leaders were?

OMG, the capital building in Oklahoma has an American Indian on top of it's dome!! I wonder what His Horse Is Thunder thinks about that!! :sad:

Damn, we better blow up those statues of Lincoln, Washington, Franklin, King, Vietnam military, WWII military, etc. Otherwise, all the children in America will think they can only be are leaders of a nation. Isn't that what Frycooks study proves indirectly? If Native American children look at images of the past leaders of their nations, they limit their personal goals to what those leaders were?
And of course, no more Raiders or Vandals.

What about the Blue Demons, Blue Devils and the assorted Red Devils, etc.? Those kids must be totally messed up. Especially when they play the Saints.

Imagine the poor kid who was all set to take his finals in either Law or Medicine: then he turns on the TV and sees that the Indians or Braves are winning the World Series. Seven years of college down the drain.

:sad:

What about the kids who are fans of NDSU, Colorado or Marshall?
Wait until the gender equity zealots start talking about the Rams, Knights, Bulls, Cowboys, etc. :sad:

The entire graduating class from Texas A&M immediately goes into farming, don't they?

Syracuse, Dartmouth, Milliken: they're all just colors. Now is that good or bad for their self-esteem?

One of two things seem to be applicable here: either "figures lie and liars figure" or the old "lies, damned lies and statistics".

I had a green sweatshirt on last Friday, sitting in my favorite watering hole, and a 7765648 year old Norweigian walked in, sat down, looked at me and said, "Green!! I don't like green..........there's no Irish people in _______ County."

I looked at him and said, "I'm Irish."

Him......*stares* "Well, you're supposed to be Norweigian."

Me, "I'm gonna sit here and get drunk and then kick your ass." *insert dramatic pause* Then I started laughing.

1195886-s.jpg

He stared at me for a couple minutes and started laughing and bought me a beer.

Moral of the story......everyone needs to lighten up a little bit.

Ha-a-a-rvard too.

Wow, those poor kids will never get anywhere in life.

:sad:

And while it was just a rental, I really have pahked my cah in Havahd Yahd. :)

(Okay, okay: really, it was just near Havahd Yahd.)

BTW, I visited the Statue of the Three Lies on the Harvard campus. Maybe that color thing is what has caused a University with the motto "Veritas" to be such a pathological liar.