SiouxSports.com Forum

To begin a journey of a 1000 miles....

GrahamKracker

Have you ever been inside AISS?  Until sometime this fall, the American Indian Student Services building is an old rickety house.  It is home-y inside, but do you call that a shrine?  Even when they move into their new building, you should know that the plans were much greater, but for all the honor this state does for Native Americans, they werent able to raise the funds for the building that was needed.

The AISS building is an old rickety house?! :glare: And their new billing is not going to be as grand as anticipated?! ;) Bastards!!! They must be spending all the money on a Mexican-American or African-American or Oriental-American or Irish-American or Polish-American Student Services building. Bastards!! Those groups don't even have an old rickety house to call their own. They have to share.

But thats ok because individuals in those groups don't have a logo at UND, unless you count the flag of the UNITED States. You tell me when and where the pity party is going to take place because the NEW building isn't going to be GRAND, I'll be there! Oh never mind, I have to wash my hair that day.

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Knowthefacts and GrahamKracker have taken the Bill Clinton approach, they don't answer any questing they don't have a favorable answer too.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Don't insult former President Clinton by comparing him to KTF and Kracker. (I can't believe I am writing this!)

Don't insult former President Clinton by comparing him to KTF and Kracker. (I can't believe I am writing this!)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, like the guy holding the chair now has never dodged a question he didn't know the answer too. I find it amusing that some on this board assume that anyone who supports the name change has got to be some left-wing liberal lesbian nut job and views anyone who opposes the change as a red-blooded, kick ass, George Bush loving American.

The only conclusion that I have come to in reading all the threads about the name is that there is no common ground and appears to be no room for compromise. Seems we are seeing a lot of that lately on any number of issues.

I suggest a thumb wrestling match between PCM and GKracker, best two out of three, winner take all.

I suggest a thumb wrestling match between PCM and GKracker, best two out of three, winner take all.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I wonder where I can get me some of that illegal protein drink the Gophers use to increase thumb strength. :glare:

I find it amusing that some on this board assume that anyone who supports the name change has got to be some left-wing liberal lesbian nut job

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That is a pretty fair characterization. :glare:

and views anyone who opposes the change as a red-blooded, kick ass, George Bush loving American. 

Based on every poll I've read relating to the subject, I suspect support of the Fighting Sioux nickname comes from all over the political map - Republicans, Democrats, independents, and moderates. I happen to personally know quite a few Democrats that strongly support the Fighting Sioux nickname.

It's probably easier to generalize it this way: VAST MAJORITY say don't change it. FRINGE MINORITY say change it.

There *are* other minority service buildings on campus.  Called International center and Era bell thompson cultural center

There you go again! You really should change your moniker. The only facts you know are censored and self serving. This is what I said>>>

Those groups don't even have an old rickety house to call their own. They have to share.

You probably never stepped into those buildings either.
Wrong again, Know Nothing. As a Mexican-American student who paid for her own way through school quite a while ago, supported two children and who worked while getting her advance degree from the University of North Dakota, I did step foot into those buildings.

Those centers also dont have to deal with over 400 students that you brag about so often.

Those centers also don't have the same amount of funds to deal with those other minority students you know nothing about. You again got the facts wrong, Know Nothing. My reply was aimed at your comment >>

Even when they move into their new building, you should know that the plans were much greater, but for all the honor this state does for Native Americans, they werent able to raise the funds for the building that was needed.

I also want to point out that these remarks are aimed at YOU. I don't see anyone else except KRACK whining that the programs and services the University of North Dakota provides NA students are not enough. I'm proud of my alma mater and all she provides, not just to NA's.

I find it amusing that some on this board assume that anyone who supports the name change has got to be some left-wing liberal lesbian nut job and views anyone who opposes the change as a red-blooded, kick ass, George Bush loving American.

I hate to disillusion anyone but I am a heterosexual, red-blooded, kick ass, America loving, bleeding heart liberal who is AGAINST (in case who haven't noticed) the name change. :glare:

Dude, let me do it, I'm a Massage Therapist.  I have really strong thumbs.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You got it. You're on for the thumb wrestling match of the century.

Truth be told, the high-protein, high-carb stuff I've been drinking has yet to have any effect on my thumbs, other than develop a firmer grip on the bottle. :glare:

Yeah, like the guy holding the chair now has never dodged a question he didn't know the answer too. I find it amusing that some on this board assume that anyone who supports the name change has got to be some left-wing liberal lesbian nut job and views anyone who opposes the change as a red-blooded, kick ass, George Bush loving American.

The only conclusion that I have come to in reading all the threads about the name is that there is no common ground and appears to be no room for compromise. Seems we are seeing a lot of that lately on any number of issues.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Bush dodges question, as do all politicians. He dodges when he doesn't have an answer (which is a lot) but I am not sure GW can tell if the answer he has is favorable for his situation of not. Clinton was a master at speaking, never answering the actual questions. I think thats why he gets so much action. :glare:

bridges03.jpg

Is it just me or do I see more English Professors in this picture than Native Americans?!?!?!?!?!

Once again, I am SORRRRRRY!  I could NOT resist!!!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That first dude is huge, but the crowd sure isn't. The other thing is don't those people all look old? (I mean in comparison to the average college student)

Seriously, where are the college students and in particular the NA college students?

I also think we could do a better job of spreading the word about when these protests will occur.  There are always some people who dont hear about the protest until after it happens.

Im sure there are more reasons, but here is a start.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

When someone is really passionate about an issue, they don't wait for someone to find them and tell them "there's going to be a protest". The GF Herald has done a pretty good job getting the word out as have the local television stations. The reason there are not more people in general and few if any NAs in particular at these protests is because the only people who want the name change are at the protest. You can make up as many "reasons" as you like but a picture is worth a thousand words. (See DakotaDan post above.)