SiouxSports.com Forum

Favorite goals of 2004-05

schmidtdoggydog

Opposing coaches always tell their players that you dont want to be on their highlight tape.

I hope next year, Spirko's goal is in the opening highlite tape when they announce the players. Partially because its a great goal and secondly he lit up a gopher.

Remind me of Bo vs. Ballard.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Spirko goal was probably my favorite goal of the year. It was at a point in time where UND was lagging in the third place game against the Gophs, and UND needed a spark to get something going. I was at the oposite end of the rink, and it seemed like the play was almost going in slow motion. I remember slowly standing up as he put Harrington's jock in the rafters, and almost crapping my pants when he put Briggs' right next to it. ;)

#2 would have to go to Fabian picking the corner against Bruckler in Grand Forks. I was thinking....."don't shoot from there.....don't shoot....no angle....what are you doing....WOO HOOO!!!!! GREAT GOAL!!!!" :D

Aw, rats! I can hear the audio (nails on a chalkboard but I always think that about Woog & MazRugco) but can't see the vid. Saw the glorious goal live, though, so I'll just have to replay it in my lo-def head.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If you cant open it here, send me an e-mail and I'll try to send it to you that way.

bryan.abernathey@ndfarg.ang.af.mil

Do the sites that put up fight clips for NHL games have copyright permission?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Maybe. I don't know. Why don't you ask them? Why don't you e-mail Fox Sports and ask their permission to post the Spirko clip on a Web site?

Perhpas the use of such clips falls under the "fair use" provisions of the copyright law. I don't know. I'm not a lawyer. For that reason, I don't assume that just because somebody else does something that it's legal for me to do it. I'd rather not find out the hard way that it isn't.

Maybe. I don't know. Why don't you ask them? Why don't you e-mail Fox Sports and ask their permission to post the Spirko clip on a Web site?

Perhpas the use of such clips falls under the "fair use" provisions of the copyright law. I don't know. I'm not a lawyer. For that reason, I don't assume that just because somebody else does something that it's legal for me to do it. I'd rather not find out the hard way that it isn't.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Gopher Puck Live had to remove all it's highlights that came from Fox. Fox had sent a letter threatening legal action if the video clips were not removed. Very heavy handed group.

Gopher Puck Live had to remove all it's highlights that came from Fox.  Fox had sent a letter threatening legal action if the video clips were not removed.  Very heavy handed group.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You can call it heavy handed. I call it protecting what's legally theirs.