SiouxSports.com Forum

Favorite goals of 2004-05

schmidtdoggydog

Feb. 26, Wisconsin at UND. Erik Fabian bulls through a check along the boards, walks in on Bernd Bruckler and beats him with a shot to the far post.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sparky's goal against MN in the so-called meaningless game was terrific. From the unsung hero perspective (at that time), Fabian's first goal was an impressive display of more to come. He used that D-man as a screen for a quick shot that made Bruckler look like he was taking a nap. Follow that up with Fabian's goal against the Goofers at Columbus, and those two goals have got to make anyone sit up and take notice. I sure did. :silly:

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Friday, January 14, 2005. The World Arena. Sioux were in Colorado Springs to play the top-ranked and league leading Tigers.

Our favorite goal of the year, among many great goals and efforts, came off of Rory McMahon's stick, with assists from a slick-passing Spirko and a hard-working Bina. 15:41 of the second period.

It was the only goal that the Sioux would score that entire weekend in what were two tough tough losses. We traveled 2000+ miles to see one goal . . . and for the privilege to see the 2004-2005 Sioux team to realize that they were indeed a team, and would become a special one at that.

It was a watershed goal in what was a watershed weekend. The Sioux realized then what we all knew all along . . . . That their D-men were rock rock solid, that their goaltending was rock rock solid, and that they could, and would, dominate any team in the country, bar none. Even on foreign ice, and a big sheet of ice at that.

Yes, we all knew then what the players and staff knew then. We all knew that once the goals started coming, the Sioux would be a force with which to be reckoned, and that they would soon be on the bus . . . The Bus, to Columbus.

McMahon's goal at CC. The ebb before the tide. A great great goal.

I loved them all - But there were some very sweet ones too - I like it when they start coming from most anyone :lol:

Man there were some Great Saves this year too (by us & the visiting goalies) - early on I was thinking every team in the League had better than NHL Goalies :lol:

I'm kinda thinking I may miss me some Hockey pretty soon now :silly:

Sadly they were bookended by 4-2 losses, but the OT goals in the Regional for the Gophers were extremely fun. The whole third period of the Maine game I was dreading having to sit through a Maine/Cornell regional final.

Irmen's third period penalty shot against UW and Tallackson last minute winner @ UW stand out as well.

. . . .  The whole third period of the Maine game I was dreading having to sit through a Maine/Cornell regional final.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

As well you should have with the way that Maine was playing, and the Gophers were not.

As it is, I am glad that the Gophers somehow ragged out those two Regional wins, as it made our trip to Columbus so much sweeter.

I was dreading the possibility of having to sit through a Gophers-Denver Championship. But that dread all went away about two minutes after the puck dropped in the second semi-final game. Although the Sioux did not score in that first two minutes of play, it was clear to me, glass-side, that the Sioux were playing with fire, and that the Sioux had doused whatever fire the Gophers were able to muster.

Fabian's first goal on April 7th made sure of that. Another great goal in a fine season.

I can't believe nobody mentioned this one yet ...

Friday October 8, 2004.  Orono, Maine.  2:58 into Overtime.

Stafford on a penalty shot ... two head fakes, then shin high over Howard's right skate.

(I missed Hennessy's call on that one; it must have been priceless.)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

How could I forget that? :lol: I was there. :silly: It just seemed like that was 2 or 3 seasons ago...

Sadly they were bookended by 4-2 losses, but the OT goals in the Regional for the Gophers were extremely fun.  The whole third period of the Maine game I was dreading having to sit through a Maine/Cornell regional final.

Irmen's third period penalty shot against UW and Tallackson last minute winner @ UW stand out as well.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

sure - like you would have been at the Maine/Cornell game - perhaps not you, but most Goph fans won't even show up for their own game if it's for something other than the championship

sure - like you would have been at the Maine/Cornell game - perhaps not you, but most Goph fans won't even show up for their own game if it's for something other than the championship

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Last I checked Minnesota didn't have an attendance problem...

hey siouxman, could you email it to me, thanks

catkins92@hotmail.com

Siouxhockey5

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Clip has been sent. Let me know if you don't receive it. Same also to Keikla, Mikejm, and Siouxnami. Get ready for thrills and chills. Hope it carries you at least part of the way through the summer. :silly:

Clip has been sent. Let me know if you don't receive it. Same also to Keikla, Mikejm, and Siouxnami. Get ready for thrills and chills. Hope it carries you at least part of the way through the summer. :silly:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I wanna see it, too. Any way Jim D. could host it for all of our Gopher-bashing pleasure?

Man oh man! I've haven't been this popular since ..... Heck, I've never been this popular. I should have used the video to pad my retirement fund, or maybe my going to the Sioux games fund. Whoever thought watching a Goffer defenseman drop his drawers would be so popular. :D;):lol::lol::D

Anybody else need a copy, PM me with your email address.

I wanna see it, too.  Any way Jim D. could host it for all of our Gopher-bashing  pleasure?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I could put it on my Web site, but I'll be the big, bad meanie again and bring up copyright issues. :D