SiouxSports.com Forum

Newbie Announcement

Siouxman

I have been an avid reader of SS.com for a couple of years, but had not signed up. Everyone else in my family had, so I recently did. I have been trying to keep a low profile to build up my posts to avoid the dreaded Skippy Alert, but my daughter (Keikla) has threatened me with a Skippy Alert sign so this is a pre-emptive strike.

My wife and I live in Fergus Falls, MN and have season tickets at The Ralph.

Here are my qualifications for SS.com:

(1) 1978 UND grad in electrical engineering and business administration

(2) I was there for the infamous UND-Bucky brawl during the pre-game warmups

(3) I did not miss a home hockey game ever while attending UND, including over Thanksgiving and Christmas.

(4) My oldest son attended UND (Morley), and directly caused the involvement of 5 Otter Tail County gophers on the ice during a Sioux-Goofer game.

(5) Son #2 attends UND (Mory00)

(6) My daughter (Keikla) is a diehard fan, but somehow managed to choose to attend the University of Nebraska-Kearney. She hates Cornhusker athletic teams but must like cornhusker guys.

(7) I was once kicked out of a UND game at the old Engelstad for bringing in alcohol, but swapped jackets and glasses with someone in line and got back in.

(8) My wife (Riles) did not attend UND, but the first game that I took her to there the Sioux trailed Michigan 8-5 with 6 minutes left in the third. Sioux won 9-8 in the first minute of overtime. She has been hooked since.

That is about all that I will publicly admit to at this time. There is a college gang photo album that guarantees I will never hold public office.

Proud to be a Fighting Sioux Alumni and Fan![/B]

I have been an avid reader of SS.com for a couple of years, but had not signed up.  Everyone else in my family had, so I recently did.  I have been trying to keep a low profile to build up my posts to avoid the dreaded Skippy Alert, but my daughter (Keikla) has threatened me with a Skippy Alert sign so this is a pre-emptive strike.

(3) I did not miss a home hockey game ever while attending UND, including over Thanksgiving and Christmas.

(4) My oldest son attended UND (Morley), and directly caused the involvement of 5 Otter Tail County gophers on the ice during a Sioux-Goofer game.

(6) My daughter (Keikla) is a diehard fan, but somehow managed to choose to attend the University of Nebraska-Kearney.  She hates Cornhusker athletic teams but must like cornhusker guys.

(7) I was once kicked out of a UND game at the old Engelstad for bringing in alcohol, but swapped jackets and glasses with someone in line and got back in.

(8) My wife (Riles) did not attend UND, but the first game that I took her to there the Sioux trailed Michigan 8-5 with 6 minutes left in the third.  Sioux won 9-8 in the first minute of overtime.  She has been hooked since.

That is about all that I will publicly admit to at this time.  There is a college gang photo album that guarantees I will never hold public office.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think you may be over qualified.Just kidding.Welcome aboard.I learned to play hockey in Fergus Falls back in the late 60's,before we moved to Jamestown.Fergus Falls is a beautiful town.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not to upstage you or anything, but (modestly pawing the ground) I was tossed out of the old Englestad (nee Winter Sports Building) four times during one game. It probably would've only been three times, but I mistakenly sat down next to the head of campus security on my fourth trip into the arena. :lol: Welcome to SS.com. Siouxman

I have been an avid reader of SS.com for a couple of years, but had not signed up.  Everyone else in my family had, so I recently did.  I have been trying to keep a low profile to build up my posts to avoid the dreaded Skippy Alert, but my daughter (Keikla) has threatened me with a Skippy Alert sign so this is a pre-emptive strike.

(6) My daughter (Keikla) is a diehard fan, but somehow managed to choose to attend the University of Nebraska-Kearney.  She hates Cornhusker athletic teams but must like cornhusker guys.

(8) My wife (Riles) did not attend UND, but the first game that I took her to there the Sioux trailed Michigan 8-5 with 6 minutes left in the third.  Sioux won 9-8 in the first minute of overtime.  She has been hooked since.

That is about all that I will publicly admit to at this time.  There is a college gang photo album that guarantees I will never hold public office.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Give me a hockey player over a cowboy anyday. SKIPPY ALERT!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You should hear back on your qualifications shortly. :lol:

If your from Fergus falls, have you heard any inside info on Tyson Dowzak.  Is UND recruiting him, where will he go.  Any insight.  I think he fits the UND pro style Defensemen mold perfectly. Reminds me of Smaby.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Unfortunately I don't. I have been more involved with the girls' team as my daughter played. I do have some people at work involved with hockey and I do occasionally ask if anyone knows anything about his plans. So far, no info that I can pass along. Believe me, I would like nothing better than to have a scoop to post here.

I can tell you that Alyssa Johnson, who signed with the Sioux women, is an excellent skater with speed who is a good offensive threat.

If your from Fergus falls, have you heard any inside info on Tyson Dowzak.  Is UND recruiting him, where will he go.  Any insight.  I think he fits the UND pro style Defensemen mold perfectly. Reminds me of Smaby.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I played hockey with his sister Sam. I'll see what I can find out, but I'm not promising anything.

Hey, Siouxman! Welcome aboard. Just drove back to the Cities from FF today after visiting the 'rents.

Have told my wife (who's from FF too) that if we should ever move back to FF I absolutely GET hockey season tickets. Nice to know the drive can be done.

Hey, Siouxman!  Welcome aboard.  Just drove back to the Cities from FF today after visiting the 'rents. 

Have told my wife (who's from FF too) that if we should ever move back to FF I absolutely GET hockey season tickets.  Nice to know the drive can be done.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I can leave work at 5 pm on Friday, and be in my seat for the 7:35 start on Friday with a dish of Nachos Supreme in my hand as supper. It is right at a 2 hour drive, without pushing the speed limit. There are others from FF that make the trek as well. Right now the furthest that I know of from Grand Forks that have season tickets are from Sioux Falls, SD. They drive up for every series.

Hey, Siouxman!  Welcome aboard.  Just drove back to the Cities from FF today after visiting the 'rents. 

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Next time you're in town, if you see a white Toyota pickup with a Fighting Sioux sticker in the rear window and a Fighting Sioux emblem in the receiver hitch, pull me over.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I am not from fergus falls but i do know some info on Dowzak. He is 6'5(same height as Smaby) and very well built. He is quite a physical defenseman but is also a pretty good skater. Rumor has it that he would love nothing more then to wear a goofer uniform for his college days. I'm sure the sioux would love to get their hands on this kid. They will most likely recruit hard for him but it remains to be seen if it will pay off.