SiouxSports.com Forum

Column in the Michigan School Newspaper

RD17

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I want info on sports I get to read PCM, Michigan fans get to read Joshie Boy.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The last time I played in band, I was a junior in high school and was one of two baritones. The director called our section "the scum of the earth."

What do you think of that, Joshie Boy? :lol:

The last time I played in band, I was a junior in high school and was one of two baritones. The director called our section "the scum of the earth."

What do you think of that, Joshie Boy? ???

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

In defense of Josh, North Dakota was still the Dakota Territory when PCM was a junior in high school. :lol:

This kid is obviously a pompous jerk. At least he left an email address at the bottom of his column where he can be reached.  ???

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Moron is probably the workd I was thinking. :lol: I thought UofMichigan had tough adademic standards? Yesh :D There goes my theory.

I hope everyone has the same dumb pompous attitude he has about North Dakota. We will just keep telling people that hockey is the only thing that we have going on out here. It makes it less difficult to find a place to Duck and Pheasant hunt. :0

How about how it makes it much easier to get to work in the morning, not being stuck in rush hour...how about the fact that you don't have to fear getting mugged in the downtown area...I could go on and on.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Like they said on the WoO broadcast from Fargo a few years back. -40 keeps the riff raff out. I like the fact that you don't spend a lot of time stuck in traffic trying to get to work. Rush hour in Grand Forks means you get to work 5 minutes later.

First of all, I'd like to defend Mr. Joshua Q. Holman. I know the kid quite well, and he's not quite the satanist you message board nerds make him out to be.

Second of all, if you would rather be at braly stadium in december than the rose bowl in jan, you are an idiot.

If you would rather be at the Betty for an NCC basketball tournament than the United Center for the Big Ten tourney, you are an idiot.

If you think UND has athletic tradition that even compares to Michigan's in any sport other than hockey, you are an idiot.

Michigan has the NBA, NHL, NFL and Major League Baseball; North Dakota has the Northern League.

Quit kidding yourselves guys.

First of all, I'd like to defend Mr. Joshua Q. Holman. I know the kid quite well, and he's not quite the satanist you message board nerds make him out to be.

Second of all, if you would rather be at braly stadium in december than the rose bowl in jan, you are an idiot.

If you would rather be at the Betty for an NCC basketball tournament than the United Center for the Big Ten tourney, you are an idiot.

If you think UND has athletic tradition that even compares to Michigan's in any sport other than hockey, you are an idiot.

I think you're the one with low IQ because we all know that!

Michigan has the NBA, NHL, NFL and Major League Baseball; North Dakota has the Northern League.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If you think coming here to defend this guy, is going to make anyone cut him some slack you are a idiot.

If you would rather be in Michigan golfing than in Ohio watching your team in the national championship game, you are an idiot.

None of this changes the fact that your boy Josh is a confused, rambling, and whiny little boy that writes articles to try to convince himself of superiority over others.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If you think that this thread is about Michigan bashing, you are an idiot.

If you don't know Mr. Joshua Q. Holman is an idiot makes you an even bigger idiot.

Go play with your instrument (of course I mean musical :lol: ) and quit trying to make excuses for Mr. Joshua Q. Holman.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey Josh! Thanks for coming to the board to trash all of us homegrown and transplanted North Dakotans in person. :lol:

Oh, and BTW I'd rather be at the ALERUS than the Rose. The Betty rather than the United and anything college over the pros. No I'm not an idiot like you assume. I'd rather watch the Sioux play than a bunch of over-hyped corrupt teams that I don't care about.

Here I was thinking Braly was SCSU's stadium. :lol: I'd still rather watch the Sioux at the Alerus. I've been to the Rose Bowl. It's neat the first time, but gets old when you don't care about either team. Also been to the Fiesta Bowl. Neat to be at a big bowl game, but once was enough and I could truly care less.

well, you guys brought me out of retirement. remember me?

i love going to sioux hockey and football games. but in all honesty, deep down inside, i know that you guys know that a sioux football game doesnt compare to the experience of michigan stadium on saturdays in the fall.

there are a certain few stadiums, like the rose bowl, michigan stadium, ohio stadium, happy valley, knoxville, that are experiences just being at on a saturday. 100+ thousand people. doesnt matter if one of those teams was playing baylor, i'd much rather be there, as much as i love the sioux.

the fact is that josh is right, nothing in grand forks can compare to those experiences. but for being a small town in a small state, and a small college, gf does have a ton to offer.

in perspective, it doesn't compare though.

i love going to sioux hockey and football games. but in all honesty, deep down inside, i know that you guys know that a sioux football game doesnt compare to the experience of michigan stadium on saturdays in the fall.

there are a certain few stadiums, like the rose bowl, michigan stadium, ohio stadium, happy valley, knoxville, that are experiences just being at on a saturday. 100+ thousand people. doesnt matter if one of those teams was playing baylor, i'd much rather be there, as much as i love the sioux.

the fact is that josh is right, nothing in grand forks can compare to those experiences. but for being a small town in a small state, and a small college, gf does have a ton to offer.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So another idiot who thinks that "The only thing that North Dakota has is hockey". As a transplant who decided to make North Dakota my home, I know there's more than hockey that helped me make my choice. If you and Mr. Holman don't know that, your loss. But I repeat, this thread is not about Michigan bashing, Mr. Holman wrote an article that was a huge put down to North Dakota and it's citizens. It's my opinion that his only means of getting any type of attention is to write an article in which he thinks he's coming across as some sort of sophisticate that's too good for his roots. What he has in fact accomplished is show the those that read his article what a mean spirited little snot he is.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've been to those 100,000+ games and I'd rather be at a Sioux playoff game.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

aaaahhhh, the drama. The MELOdrama even! Thanks for taking the time to stop by. We must have made your little friend actually angry! Ahh, I can just see him now; jumping up and down, shaking his little fists, and channeling the oh-so-distinct fury of a band geek snubbed. :lol:

UND > Michigan. OK? just accept it.

Of course, if you are at least slightly over half retarded you could always come over to UND's message boards and try convince us otherwise. but you have already attempted to do so; therefore, good luck, have fun! ???

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Perspective, well here is my perspective. I don't care about Michigan, so I don't care to go watch Michigan Athletics. I would much rather go watch the Sioux play, not because the players will end up as professionals some day but because of my connection to UND. Comparing a D2 school to one of the largest D1 schools seems very reasonable, this comparison is stupid.

I have never been to a bowl game but been to several large division 1 football games. I am a huge football fan but the games actually bored me to a degree because unless you have connections you are a long way from the field and have a terrible view of the game. I would rather watch those type of game on TV (just my opinion) but I am sure I would feel a little different if I attended the large University (Michigan, Nebraska, Texas, or any other).

On a side note when my wife was selecting you graduate school, she was flown all over to different Universities that were essentially recruiting her. Of the 10 or 12 visits, Michigan was her least favorite and she said she would never consider attending. Just another perspective that doesn't think Michigan is so great. According to my wife, Michigan was dirty and the horrible students were snobs and not welcoming to her or any other perspective students they were recruiting.

Oh, and BTW I'd rather be at the ALERUS than the Rose.  The Betty rather than the United and anything college over the pros.  No I'm not an idiot like you assume.  I'd rather watch the Sioux play than a bunch of over-hyped corrupt teams that I don't care about.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My sentiments exactly. Of course Michigan sports, other than hockey of course, are bigger than UND. Does that mean they are better? NO! I would much rather watch a game in the Alerus than a Michigan game. Over-hyped and corrupt is a great way of explaining big time division I sports.