SiouxSports.com Forum

Hakstol $

ESPNInsider

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know what he makes (the speculation at hiring was $80-90k, look in the old threads here from last summer), but he just took a team to the National Championship game in his first year.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What does that have to do with anything?? Check your emotions at the door please!

I'm not sure why we are even talking about this  :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I was reading an article on coaches salaries on espn.com and was wondering what college hockey coaches make. Just wanted to compare. I guess this was a very hot topic for many people here and emotions quickly spilled over. Just looking for some insight, thanks.

What emotion? Hak took a team to the last game. That's fact. And Hak could probably use that to lobby for a raise right now. (If you saw emotion in that, could it be that you are somewhat interested in money today, for whatever reasons, as evidenced by this?)

About salaries, Eaves at Wisconsin makes about $138,000 and is looking for more according to this.

What emotion? Hak took a team to the last game. That's fact. And Hak could probably use that to lobby for a raise right now. (If you saw emotion in that, could it be that you are somewhat interested in money today, for whatever reasons, as evidenced by this?)

About salaries, Eaves at Wisconsin makes about $138,000 and is looking for more according to this.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm always interested in money ???

The reason I saw emotion was because I asked a simple question about a number and you came back at me with something about him winning games??? These two threads (thank you for providing link) have nothing to do with each other. I think he earns every penny he makes, in fact I was looking at a story about a mid-major basketball coach who was making something like $175,000 and left to take a high-major job for $800,000. So I was wondering what college hockey coaches make. That is the reason for the start of this thread.

Sorry everyone, I should have made myself clear of that at the beginning :lol:

You know,...

EI with your username, your two inflammatory posts within 20 minutes about financial situations at UND, and your quantity of posts within a month

I have this to say:

If I was anyone on this board, I'd have a hard time giving you any info. worth four haypennyies. And that'd be my .02

You know,...

EI with your username, your two inflammatory posts within 20 minutes about financial situations at UND, and your quantity of posts within a month

I have this to say:

If I was anyone on this board, I'd have a hard time giving you any info. worth four haypennyies.  And that'd be my .02

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The thread we are on right now is not inflammatory one bit! I'm sorry some people mistook it that way and I hope my previous post clears that up.

The other thread I started does bash the system at UND a bit, but if we all just go with flow and not question anything, then nothing will ever get done. I respect your input on this thread and the other thread is just my .02

Blais' most recent contract was always a matter of public record:

The contract, part of which will be paid through private donations made to the UND Foundation, includes $115,000 each year, use of a car, a membership in the Grand Forks Country Club, and a deferred $500,000 annuity.
As far as the last I saw, Hakstol's was not:

Hakstol has not signed a contract with the school, but probably will get a three- or four-year deal, said Roger Thomas, North Dakota's athletic director. Thomas declined to discuss Hakstol's salary on Friday.

Feel free to post updates if there has been news since that; however the public, anonymous speculation about salaries strikes me as rather unseemly.

Hakstol has not signed a contract with the school ...

Tough to release a number that wasn't set at the time. :lol:

If Hak has signed a contract you should be able to request the information from UND because all state employee salaries are public record. However, doing so could also be perceived as, how'd jimdahl say it, "unseemly" if you're not a member of the media.